• Hypocrisy on display: Canadian snobs change their tune

From risky biz@21:1/5 to All on Sun Mar 5 14:48:49 2023
    They don't like the new 'put your money where your mouth is' rule.

Also- notice below the clever means for stiff-arming black immigration: 'Canada’s legal immigration policy is strict in itself, with the high-skilled and well-educated far preferred'. In other words, 99% of black people can forget about it. Vancouver:
    less than 1% black.

'Mass migration is wearing out Canada’s welcome mat
    It’s easy to preen until people start showing up.

For those who live in places where mass migration isn’t a problem, it’s easy to take a tone of moral superiority and look down on those who have to balance humane treatment with security.

But when the problem lands on their doorstep, it’s surprising how quickly that tone changes and the attitude that something-must-be-done takes root.

Certain Canadian leaders have preened about their nation’s welcoming spirit. In 2017, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau told Canadian television that “I always sort of laugh when you see people who are — not many of them, but — intolerant or who
    think, ‘Go back to your own country.’

Fast forward to this week. Trudeau is pushing the Biden administration to stem “the flow of irregular migration into Canada,” Bloomberg reports.

Why? Because unauthorized migrants are actually showing up to take part in the life Canada offers.

“Canadians Fume as Migrants Surge at Their Border,” a headline in The New York Times read Thursday.

“Surge” deserves some context here.

In 2022, 39,540 people crossed the Canadian border to claim asylum, according to Canadian figures. Compare that to the southern border of the United States. In 2022, Customs and Border Protection recorded nearly 2.4 million encounters with migrants
    trying to enter the U.S.

Canada is attempting to renegotiate a binding treaty with the United States that permits migrants to cross into Canada to claim asylum. The Canadian government would prefer a stay-in-the-U.S. policy. Sounds familiar.

The point here isn’t to pick on Canada. But soaring rhetoric about a country’s welcoming spirit rings pretty hollow when that country fails to actually back it up by serving people who weren’t invited.

Canada’s legal immigration policy is strict in itself, with the high-skilled and well-educated far preferred to the throngs of desperate, frightened people who seek asylum on the U.S. border every year.'
    https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/editorials/2023/03/04/mass-migration-is-wearing-out-canadas-welcome-mat/

'Like so many such migrants now massing at the U.S.-Mexico border, their immediate goal is to find a way into the United States. But the couple's long-term target, as with countless others who've made it to Juarez, is Canada.

Why Canada? Entry into the U.S., be it legally or otherwise, remains extremely complicated and word has spread among migrants in Juarez that Canada is likely a significantly better landing spot.'

They know they cannot go back to Venezuela, fearing for their lives because they oppose the current Venezuelan government.

"I was physically threatened," Ramirez told CBC News. "Because I belonged to the wrong party."

"What would we tell the people of Canada?" he added. "We fled our country because we had to. Please give us a chance in Canada."

Left behind in Venezuela are their four children. Ramirez and Urbina say they hope they will be able to join them later, once they reach safety.

Episcopal Pastor Miguel Gonzalez tells CBC News that migrants here have indeed heard all about Canada, with stories coming back from those who've fled Haiti, for example, and have managed to make it into Canada.

"Their message back is that Canada is receptive to people," he said. "That they are treated well in Canada."

And in one of the multiple crowded sleeping areas in the shelter, Yolver Tamariz, a Venezuelan who fled Caracas last summer, is clear about what he's hoping for.

"My goal is Canada," he said. "I feel there are opportunities there for Latinos that the U.S. doesn't offer.

"I don't want to settle in America. And it's impossible for me to live in Venezuela."

Among them is Johanna Jiminez, yet another migrant from Venezuela who fled that country along with her family last September. They now live on the streets in this city, unable to get any farther north.

She, too, isn't aiming for America.

"Canada was always our destination. But we are stuck here."

"Our dream," she said, "is Canada." https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/juarez-mexico-border-migrants-title42-1.6767632

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From BillB@21:1/5 to risky biz on Sun Mar 5 22:34:18 2023
    On Sunday, March 5, 2023 at 2:48:53 PM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:

Also- notice below the clever means for stiff-arming black immigration: 'Canada’s legal immigration policy is strict in itself, with the high-skilled and well-educated far preferred'. In other words, 99% of black people can forget about it. Vancouver:
    less than 1% black.

For those who live in places where mass migration isn’t a problem, it’s easy to take a tone of moral superiority and look down on those who have to balance humane treatment with security.

But when the problem lands on their doorstep, it’s surprising how quickly that tone changes and the attitude that something-must-be-done takes root.

Certain Canadian leaders have preened about their nation’s welcoming spirit. In 2017, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau told Canadian television that “I always sort of laugh when you see people who are — not many of them, but — intolerant or who

Fast forward to this week. Trudeau is pushing the Biden administration to stem “the flow of irregular migration into Canada,” Bloomberg reports.

Why? Because unauthorized migrants are actually showing up to take part in the life Canada offers.

“Canadians Fume as Migrants Surge at Their Border,” a headline in The New York Times read Thursday.

In 2022, 39,540 people crossed the Canadian border to claim asylum, according to Canadian figures. Compare that to the southern border of the United States. In 2022, Customs and Border Protection recorded nearly 2.4 million encounters with migrants
    trying to enter the U.S.

Canada is attempting to renegotiate a binding treaty with the United States that permits migrants to cross into Canada to claim asylum. The Canadian government would prefer a stay-in-the-U.S. policy. Sounds familiar.

The point here isn’t to pick on Canada. But soaring rhetoric about a country’s welcoming spirit rings pretty hollow when that country fails to actually back it up by serving people who weren’t invited.

Canada’s legal immigration policy is strict in itself, with the high-skilled and well-educated far preferred to the throngs of desperate, frightened people who seek asylum on the U.S. border every year.'
    https://www.dallasnews.com/opinion/editorials/2023/03/04/mass-migration-is-wearing-out-canadas-welcome-mat/

'Like so many such migrants now massing at the U.S.-Mexico border, their immediate goal is to find a way into the United States. But the couple's long-term target, as with countless others who've made it to Juarez, is Canada.

Why Canada? Entry into the U.S., be it legally or otherwise, remains extremely complicated and word has spread among migrants in Juarez that Canada is likely a significantly better landing spot.'

They know they cannot go back to Venezuela, fearing for their lives because they oppose the current Venezuelan government.

"I was physically threatened," Ramirez told CBC News. "Because I belonged to the wrong party."

"What would we tell the people of Canada?" he added. "We fled our country because we had to. Please give us a chance in Canada."

Left behind in Venezuela are their four children. Ramirez and Urbina say they hope they will be able to join them later, once they reach safety.

Episcopal Pastor Miguel Gonzalez tells CBC News that migrants here have indeed heard all about Canada, with stories coming back from those who've fled Haiti, for example, and have managed to make it into Canada.

"Their message back is that Canada is receptive to people," he said. "That they are treated well in Canada."

And in one of the multiple crowded sleeping areas in the shelter, Yolver Tamariz, a Venezuelan who fled Caracas last summer, is clear about what he's hoping for.

"My goal is Canada," he said. "I feel there are opportunities there for Latinos that the U.S. doesn't offer.

"I don't want to settle in America. And it's impossible for me to live in Venezuela."

Among them is Johanna Jiminez, yet another migrant from Venezuela who fled that country along with her family last September. They now live on the streets in this city, unable to get any farther north.

"Our dream," she said, "is Canada." https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/juarez-mexico-border-migrants-title42-1.6767632

Wow, a dump truck full of propaganda and ignorance. Where would start even unpacking it all?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From risky biz@21:1/5 to BillB on Tue Mar 7 12:44:37 2023
    On Sunday, March 5, 2023 at 10:34:22 PM UTC-8, BillB wrote:

Also- notice below the clever means for stiff-arming black immigration: 'Canada’s legal immigration policy is strict in itself, with the high-skilled and well-educated far preferred'. In other words, 99% of black people can forget about it.
    Vancouver: less than 1% black.

trying to enter the U.S.

~ Wow, a dump truck full of propaganda and ignorance. Where would start even unpacking it all?

LOL. Canada has only 1.6% the 'irregulars' as the U.S. and Trudeau is frantically begging us to PUT A STOP TO IT!

Yeah. A dump truck full of propaganda and ignorance. That's a perfect description of you and your load of steer manure about Canadian immigration.

P.S. Congratulations on Canadian success at only allowing enough 'good' blacks to meet it's 'token' target.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BillB@21:1/5 to risky biz on Tue Mar 7 15:21:33 2023
    On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 12:44:40 PM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:

Also- notice below the clever means for stiff-arming black immigration: 'Canada’s legal immigration policy is strict in itself, with the high-skilled and well-educated far preferred'. In other words, 99% of black people can forget about it.

Certain Canadian leaders have preened about their nation’s welcoming spirit. In 2017, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau told Canadian television that “I always sort of laugh when you see people who are — not many of them, but — intolerant or
    who think, ‘Go back to your own country.’

trying to enter the U.S.

~ Wow, a dump truck full of propaganda and ignorance. Where would start even unpacking it all?

LOL. Canada has only 1.6% the 'irregulars' as the U.S. and Trudeau is frantically begging us to PUT A STOP TO IT!

Can you show me a video of Trudeau "frantically begging?"

Yeah. A dump truck full of propaganda and ignorance. That's a perfect description of you and your load of steer manure about Canadian immigration.

No, it's a perfect description of the silly right-wing propaganda you posted. That's why I used it. I just don't have time to debunk it all for you (AGAIN) at the moment. Maybe later.

P.S. Congratulations on Canadian success at only allowing enough 'good' blacks to meet it's 'token' target.

I already proved to you that Canada admits more black immigrants per capita than the US. You just aren't very bright.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From VegasJerry@21:1/5 to BillB on Tue Mar 7 17:13:50 2023

trying to enter the U.S.

Wow, a dump truck full of propaganda and ignorance. Where would start even unpacking it all?

Don't bother. He still knowingly goes to FOX NEWS for misinformation; KNOWING they intentionally lie to him.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From risky biz@21:1/5 to BillB on Tue Mar 7 20:33:49 2023
    ~ On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 3:21:37 PM UTC-8, BillB wrote:

I have passed on your request to Bucky Fullminister, star cub reporter for RBFNS.

No, it's a perfect description of the silly right-wing propaganda you posted. That's why I used it. I just don't have time to debunk it all for you (AGAIN) at the moment. Maybe later.

I already proved to you that Canada admits more black immigrants per capita than the US. You just aren't very bright.

In other words, just enough of the 'good ones' to maintain their token status. That's what I already said.

Your spastic clawing and grasping whenever the Canadian immigration system is brought up is a strong tell of someone desperate to sweep the truth under a rug.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From risky biz@21:1/5 to VegasJerry on Tue Mar 7 20:38:58 2023
    On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 5:13:54 PM UTC-8, VegasJerry wrote:

Certain Canadian leaders have preened about their nation’s welcoming spirit. In 2017, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau told Canadian television that “I always sort of laugh when you see people who are — not many of them, but — intolerant or

trying to enter the U.S.

~ Don't bother. He still knowingly goes to FOX NEWS for misinformation; KNOWING they intentionally lie to him.

Yes, Jerry. Fox is Fox and ANYTHING that looks like it may even tangentially impinge on the fictional narrative of the Super Club 'libs' of the Democratic Party is also Fox. How's the weather in Dupeland?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BillB@21:1/5 to risky biz on Tue Mar 7 21:16:33 2023
    On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 8:33:54 PM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:

I have passed on your request to Bucky Fullminister, star cub reporter for RBFNS.

In other words you have nothing. You just can't stop lying.

In other words, just enough of the 'good ones' to maintain their token status. That's what I already said.

What are "good ones?" Those who have a legitimate well-founded fear of persecution (i.e. refugees)? That's the law. Or those who can pass an easy threshold on a [color blind] qualification test along with everyone else (i.e. regular applicants)? Or
    those who don't have a criminal record? Isn't that rather standard in the developing world? You don't even make a shred of sense.

Your spastic clawing and grasping whenever the Canadian immigration system is brought up is a strong tell of someone desperate to sweep the truth under a rug.

More low-IQ illogic. And my "spastic clawing" 9i.e. attempting the impossible task of educating you) is just as phony as your claims of Trudeau's "frantic begging." You just can't stop lying. It's compulsive with you.

How many refugees per capita did the US settle in 2022? Let's compare to Canada's number.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From risky biz@21:1/5 to BillB on Tue Mar 7 21:52:11 2023
    On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 9:16:37 PM UTC-8, BillB wrote:

~ What are "good ones?" Those who have a legitimate well-founded fear of persecution (i.e. refugees)? That's the law. Or those who can pass an easy threshold on a [color blind] qualification test along with everyone else (i.e. regular applicants)? Or
    those who don't have a criminal record? Isn't that rather standard in the developing world? You don't even make a shred of sense.

Stop the spastic clawing and grasping. It's a well-known fact:
    'Canada’s legal immigration policy is strict in itself, with the high-skilled and well-educated far preferred'

For perspective, hypothesizing black potential immigrants from the U.S to Canada, a socioeconomically advanced country, who speak English as their native language: 10% have a college degree. Canada would not even consider allowing immigration to Canada
    by 90% of black Americans.

The U.S. is being flooded with illegal immigrants who have no skills and no education. Many of the illegal immigrants from countries south of Mexico are native and don't even speak Spanish, much less English.

More low-IQ illogic. And my "spastic clawing" 9i.e. attempting the impossible task of educating you) is just as phony as your claims of Trudeau's "frantic begging." You just can't stop lying. It's compulsive with you.

How many refugees per capita did the US settle in 2022? Let's compare to Canada's number.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BillB@21:1/5 to BillB on Tue Mar 7 21:51:06 2023

Or those who don't have a criminal record? Isn't that rather standard in the developing world?

Sorry, developed world. I think Canada is part of the developed world now.

lol...it should be interesting to watch him dance around this one.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BillB@21:1/5 to risky biz on Tue Mar 7 22:07:30 2023
    On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 9:53:30 PM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:
    On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 9:51:10 PM UTC-8, BillB wrote:

Or those who don't have a criminal record? Isn't that rather standard in the developing world?

~ lol...it should be interesting to watch him dance around this one.

'Refugee' is a replacement for 'black'? LOL.

Dancing. Refuses to answer. Did I call it or what?

You are claiming Canada is trying to "keep out blacks" (lol) but the test for refugee status, which makes up a major component of its immigration system, is completely colorblind. And that test is the same in the US and in Canada. And in any immigration
    system, refugees are the neediest and most desperate category. So I'll ask again: How many people per capita were granted refugee residency status in the US in 2022? Are you ashamed to say? I don't blame you, considering how badly it got SMOKED by Canada.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From risky biz@21:1/5 to BillB on Tue Mar 7 21:53:27 2023

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From risky biz@21:1/5 to risky biz on Tue Mar 7 21:58:59 2023
    On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 9:57:55 PM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:
    ~ On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 9:51:10 PM UTC-8, BillB wrote:

~ Yes. Dancing. Vancouver less than 1% black.

And located directly next to a country that is 13% black.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From risky biz@21:1/5 to All on Tue Mar 7 21:57:51 2023

Yes. Dancing. Vancouver less than 1% black.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BillB@21:1/5 to risky biz on Tue Mar 7 22:08:36 2023
    On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 9:59:03 PM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:

Because it enslaved them. Good for you!! Do you want an award?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From VegasJerry@21:1/5 to BillB on Wed Mar 8 08:24:34 2023

Nor admit he goes to - and believes - that that lie to him..

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From VegasJerry@21:1/5 to risky biz on Wed Mar 8 08:23:01 2023
    On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 8:39:01 PM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:
    On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 5:13:54 PM UTC-8, VegasJerry wrote:

In 2022, 39,540 people crossed the Canadian border to claim asylum, according to Canadian figures. Compare that to the southern border of the United States. In 2022, Customs and Border Protection recorded nearly 2.4 million encounters with
    migrants trying to enter the U.S.

~ Don't bother. He still knowingly goes to FOX NEWS for misinformation; KNOWING they intentionally lie to him.

Yes, Jerry. Fox is Fox and ANYTHING that looks like it may even tangentially impinge on the fictional narrative of the
    Super Club 'libs' of the Democratic Party is also Fox. How's the weather in Dupeland?

See BillB? He KNOWS "m right. He KNOWS Fox lies to him. He knows its PROVEN. And he STILL dodges, whines and crys..

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From VegasJerry@21:1/5 to risky biz on Wed Mar 8 08:26:30 2023

See...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From VegasJerry@21:1/5 to BillB on Wed Mar 8 08:25:24 2023

lol...it should be interesting to watch him dance around this one.

He'll just link you to Fox, then run...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From VegasJerry@21:1/5 to BillB on Wed Mar 8 08:27:13 2023
    On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 10:07:34 PM UTC-8, BillB wrote:

Yep. Just like we said...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From risky biz@21:1/5 to BillB on Wed Mar 8 12:43:46 2023
    On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 10:07:50 PM UTC-8, BillB wrote:

Yes. Dancing. Vancouver less than 1% black.

~ So?

So Vancouver is like a white country club that has one black token member.

There's a reason why Donald Trump and his racist sidekick, Stephen Miller, praised Canada's immigration system. The reason is that it's racist.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From risky biz@21:1/5 to BillB on Wed Mar 8 12:40:08 2023
    On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 10:07:34 PM UTC-8, BillB wrote:

~ You are claiming Canada is trying to "keep out blacks" (lol) but the test for refugee status, which makes up a major component of its immigration system, is completely colorblind. And that test is the same in the US and in Canada. And in any
    immigration system, refugees are the neediest and most desperate category. So I'll ask again: How many people per capita were granted refugee residency status in the US in 2022? Are you ashamed to say? I don't blame you, considering how badly it got
    SMOKED by Canada.

'refugee' does not = 'black'. Stop clawing and grasping like a spastic.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From risky biz@21:1/5 to BillB on Wed Mar 8 12:46:40 2023
    On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 10:08:39 PM UTC-8, BillB wrote:
    On Tuesday, March 7, 2023 at 9:59:03 PM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:

~ Because it enslaved them. Good for you!! Do you want an award?

Why they are here is irrelevant to this discussion. What we are discussing is the Canadian immigration system that keeps them out of Canada when they are literally right next door. Nice try for a dodge.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05