• How clean is meat?

From risky biz@21:1/5 to All on Fri Feb 17 11:28:41 2023
    How good a job did those 14-year-olds do cleaning meat slaughtering equipment at 2:30 A.M.? Mmmm, Mmm yummy ...

The Washington Post
    Sanitation company fined $1.5 million for illegally employing 100 children, Labor Dept. says
    2 minutes ago

NBC News
    Federal officials say more than 100 children worked in dangerous jobs for slaughterhouse cleaning firm
    2 hours ago

KAIT
    Batesville plant named in federal child labor investigation
    1 hour ago

Star Tribune
    Labor Department: Over 100 children hired to clean meatpacking plants, including in Minnesota
    1 hour ago

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From BillB@21:1/5 to risky biz on Fri Feb 17 11:49:31 2023
    On Friday, February 17, 2023 at 11:28:45 AM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:
    How good a job did those 14-year-olds do cleaning meat slaughtering equipment at 2:30 A.M.? Mmmm, Mmm yummy ...

The Washington Post
    Sanitation company fined $1.5 million for illegally employing 100 children, Labor Dept. says
    2 minutes ago

NBC News
    Federal officials say more than 100 children worked in dangerous jobs for slaughterhouse cleaning firm
    2 hours ago

KAIT
    1 hour ago

Star Tribune
    Labor Department: Over 100 children hired to clean meatpacking plants, including in Minnesota
    1 hour ago

I was cleaning food equipment when I was 14 or 15. That was my first job. I was washing dishes and cutlery by hand too. What's the big deal? Not only that, these are hardworking immigrants, not lazy and entitled white kids. As I showed you before with
    the foodborne illness statistics, meat is no more risky than vegetables. From your perspective lettuce and sprouts must be a virtual death sentence. lol

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From VegasJerry@21:1/5 to BillB on Fri Feb 17 12:56:15 2023
    On Friday, February 17, 2023 at 11:49:36 AM UTC-8, BillB wrote:

The Washington Post
    2 minutes ago

NBC News
    2 hours ago

KAIT
    1 hour ago

Star Tribune
    1 hour ago

I was cleaning food equipment when I was 14 or 15. That was my first job.
    I was washing dishes and cutlery by hand too.
    What's the big deal?

I did it at 17, working in the kitchen at a café. Perhaps Risky's never worked for a living.

Not only that, these are hardworking immigrants, not lazy and entitled white kids. As I showed
    you before with the foodborne illness statistics, meat is no more risky than vegetables. From your
    perspective lettuce and sprouts must be a virtual death sentence. lol

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From risky biz@21:1/5 to BillB on Fri Feb 17 16:06:37 2023

The Washington Post
    2 minutes ago

NBC News
    2 hours ago

KAIT
    1 hour ago

Star Tribune
    1 hour ago

~ I was cleaning food equipment when I was 14 or 15. That was my first job. I was washing dishes and cutlery by hand too. What's the big deal?

God only knows how many diseases you spread.

~ Not only that, these are hardworking immigrants, not lazy and entitled white kids.

That's a dumb comment. The kids in this case were mostly immigrants. Congratulations on your dumb credentials.

~ As I showed you before with the foodborne illness statistics, meat is no more risky than vegetables. From your perspective lettuce and sprouts must be a virtual death sentence. lol

Could be if someone is too dumb and lazy to wash them before eating. Have you never found a clump of dirt in a head of lettuce? But that's a personal problem, not an industry problem. Duh.

Your dumb credentials affirmed yet again.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From risky biz@21:1/5 to VegasJerry on Fri Feb 17 15:57:21 2023
    On Friday, February 17, 2023 at 12:56:19 PM UTC-8, VegasJerry wrote:

The Washington Post
    2 minutes ago

NBC News
    2 hours ago

KAIT
    1 hour ago

Star Tribune
    1 hour ago
    I was cleaning food equipment when I was 14 or 15. That was my first job. I was washing dishes and cutlery by hand too.
    What's the big deal?
    I did it at 17, working in the kitchen at a café. Perhaps Risky's never worked for a living.
    Not only that, these are hardworking immigrants, not lazy and entitled white kids. As I showed
    you before with the foodborne illness statistics, meat is no more risky than vegetables. From your
    perspective lettuce and sprouts must be a virtual death sentence. lol

Wow. A couple of food safety experts. Yes. It's the internet.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From risky biz@21:1/5 to All on Fri Feb 17 18:06:09 2023
    ~ On Friday, February 17, 2023 at 11:49:36 AM UTC-8, BillB wrote:

~As I showed you before with the foodborne illness statistics, meat is no more risky than vegetables. From your perspective lettuce and sprouts must be a virtual death sentence. lol

And, in any case, my original assertion was that soy food products don't have the horrific basic cleanliness deficiencies of meat products. Your try at switching the subject to 'lettuce and sprouts' is a FAIL.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tim Norfolk@21:1/5 to risky biz on Fri Feb 17 18:17:52 2023
    On Friday, February 17, 2023 at 9:06:13 PM UTC-5, risky biz wrote:

~As I showed you before with the foodborne illness statistics, meat is no more risky than vegetables. From your perspective lettuce and sprouts must be a virtual death sentence. lol

And, in any case, my original assertion was that soy food products don't have the horrific basic cleanliness deficiencies of meat products. Your try at switching the subject to 'lettuce and sprouts' is a FAIL.

Soybeans rarely take a dump and lie in it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BillB@21:1/5 to risky biz on Fri Feb 17 21:52:34 2023
    On Friday, February 17, 2023 at 4:06:42 PM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:

The Washington Post
    2 minutes ago

NBC News
    2 hours ago

KAIT
    1 hour ago

Star Tribune
    1 hour ago
    ~ I was cleaning food equipment when I was 14 or 15. That was my first job. I was washing dishes and cutlery by hand too. What's the big deal?

~ Not only that, these are hardworking immigrants, not lazy and entitled white kids.

That's a dumb comment. The kids in this case were mostly immigrants.

Uh, that's what I said.

Congratulations on your dumb credentials.

You mean yours. You failed reading again.

~ As I showed you before with the foodborne illness statistics, meat is no more risky than vegetables. From your perspective lettuce and sprouts must be a virtual death sentence. lol

Could be if someone is too dumb and lazy to wash them before eating. Have you never found a clump of dirt in a head of lettuce? But that's a personal problem, not an industry problem. Duh.

Your logic is very poor. Getting ill from meat is most often human error too. It is very unlikely to make anyone ill if it is prepared and cooked properly (to a safe temperature), just as vegetables are if they are washed properly.

Because you failed logic again?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BillB@21:1/5 to risky biz on Fri Feb 17 22:11:19 2023
    On Friday, February 17, 2023 at 6:06:13 PM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:

First of all, horrific means inducing horror. Considering that something like 95% of American men eat meat, it is fairly safe to assume that not many men are horrified by the cleanliness of meat. Perhaps you are too delicate? I would venture to say that
    you are the only person on this newsgroup horrified by meat.

Secondly, the reason I brought up vegetables is because it is only logical that if meat horrifies you for its disease inducing properties, then equally "dangerous" vegetables should also horrify you. So what do you suggest people eat, scaredy cat?
    Heavily processed, sodium laden soy burgers three meals a day? The fact is that with proper food handling, the risk of getting ill (especially seriously ill) with a foodborne disease from meat or vegetables or dairy is very low. The vast majority of
    dieticians out there will tell you that meat and vegetables are part of a healthy diet, and that they are not "horrified" by either of them. You should lay off the estrogen because it's obviously turning you into a drama queen. You are going to grow a
    vagina soon if you aren't careful.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From risky biz@21:1/5 to BillB on Sat Feb 18 00:51:46 2023
    On Friday, February 17, 2023 at 9:52:37 PM UTC-8, BillB wrote:

The Washington Post
    2 minutes ago

NBC News
    2 hours ago

KAIT
    1 hour ago

Star Tribune
    1 hour ago

I also think, BTW, that your claim of having a job cleaning food equipment when you were 14 OR 15 is bullshit. 16 to 18 year olds is why I almost never eat at a fast food restaurant.

~ Uh, that's what I said.

You said 'lazy and entitled white kids' in direct conjunction with your probably fabricated claim of having a job cleaning food equipment when you were 14 years old, dumb shit. Your dumb credentials are intact.

Your logic is very poor.

~ Getting ill from meat is most often human error too.

The meat company that employed 14-year-olds to sanitize slaughter machinery was only guilty of human error, then? LOL.

~ It is very unlikely to make anyone ill if it is prepared and cooked properly (to a safe temperature)

Listeria can be FATAL and is most often caused by deli meats. Are you now going to author a blab story that claims it's normal to heat cold cuts to kill listeria? Like your blab story claiming you don't season a steak with salt to make a false comparison
    to soy foods?

~ , just as vegetables are if they are washed properly.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From risky biz@21:1/5 to BillB on Sat Feb 18 01:00:19 2023
    On Friday, February 17, 2023 at 10:11:23 PM UTC-8, BillB wrote:
    On Friday, February 17, 2023 at 6:06:13 PM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:

First of all, horrific means inducing horror. Considering that something like 95% of American men eat meat, it is fairly safe to assume that not many men are horrified by the cleanliness of meat. Perhaps you are too delicate? I would venture to say
    that you are the only person on this newsgroup horrified by meat.

~ Secondly, the reason I brought up vegetables is because it is only logical that if meat horrifies you for its disease inducing properties, then equally "dangerous" vegetables should also horrify you. So what do you suggest people eat, scaredy cat?
    Heavily processed, sodium laden soy burgers three meals a day? The fact is that with proper food handling, the risk of getting ill (especially seriously ill) with a foodborne disease from meat or vegetables or dairy is very low. The vast majority of
    dieticians out there will tell you that meat and vegetables are part of a healthy diet, and that they are not "horrified" by either of them. You should lay off the estrogen because it's obviously turning you into a drama queen. You are going to grow a
    vagina soon if you aren't careful.

Still trying to change the subject to 'vegetables' and away from soy foods? LOL@ your flailing.

Would you like to provide an extensive list of recalls of soy foods for foodborne illness? When are you going to stop running away and do that? I provided a very long list of recalls of meat products for foodborne illness when the subject came up LONG
    AGO. When are you going to man up and produce something more than flailing blab?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From risky biz@21:1/5 to risky biz on Sat Feb 18 01:03:19 2023
    On Saturday, February 18, 2023 at 12:51:49 AM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:

~ The meat company that employed 14-year-olds to sanitize slaughter machinery was only guilty of human error, then? LOL.

And at 3 in the morning. LOL. Mmm-mm, yummy.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BillB@21:1/5 to risky biz on Sat Feb 18 01:23:18 2023
    On Friday, February 17, 2023 at 9:52:37 PM UTC-8, BillB wrote:

The Washington Post
    2 minutes ago

NBC News
    2 hours ago

KAIT
    1 hour ago

Star Tribune
    1 hour ago

I also think, BTW, that your claim of having a job cleaning food equipment when you were 14 OR 15 is bullshit. 16 to 18 year olds is why I almost never eat at a fast food restaurant.

~ Uh, that's what I said.

You said 'lazy and entitled white kids' in direct conjunction with your probably fabricated claim of having a job cleaning food equipment when you were 14 years old, dumb shit. Your dumb credentials are intact.

What the fuck is wrong with you? Can you read not even read at a third grade level? I specifically said "THESE ARE HARDWORKING IMMIGRANTS, *NOT* lazy and entitled white kids." (my emphasis). What part of that is so difficult for you to understand? And
    again, if you need to believe I didn't start working at restaurant when I was that age (which I am sure I have mentioned in the past), that is entirely consistent with your demonstrated inability to differentiate fact from fiction. My first job was when
    I was 14 or 15 making pizza crusts by the batch for a large pizza restaurant and tavern, and it involved cleaning all the food equipment we used at the end of every shift. I am unclear why you would think that is beyond the ability of just about any
    person that age, unless you are judging by your own incompetence.

Your logic is very poor.

The meat company that employed 14-year-olds to sanitize slaughter machinery was only guilty of human error, then? LOL.

You aren't making any sense. You said we shouldn't compare the similar rates of foodborne illness between meat and vegetables because getting sick from vegetables is usually the result of food preparation error, which made no sense because illness from
    meat is usually the very same cause. You are flailing because your logic skill suck badly.

~ It is very unlikely to make anyone ill if it is prepared and cooked properly (to a safe temperature)

Listeria can be FATAL and is most often caused by deli meats. Are you now going to author a blab story that claims it's normal to heat cold cuts to kill listeria? Like your blab story claiming you don't season a steak with salt to make a false
    comparison to soy foods?

Why in the world would you believe I season a steak with salt (sodium chloride) when there are so many readily available sodium-free substitutes and my life depends on eating a sodium restricted diet? Again, your logic skills are pathetic. Further, I
    would never eat "cold cuts," not because of the minuscule chance I would die from some rare disease, but because they are ultra-processed foods (much like the ultra-processed soy foods you push) that are usually loaded with sodium and nitrites (sodium
    nitrite) and are known to pose a risk for cancer. I have said many times that the vast majority of our diet is minimally processed foods, and I only eat minimally processed meats, generally lean cuts of beef, pork loin and chicken breast.

~ , just as vegetables are if they are washed properly.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BillB@21:1/5 to risky biz on Sat Feb 18 01:24:50 2023
    On Saturday, February 18, 2023 at 1:03:23 AM UTC-8, risky biz wrote:

~ The meat company that employed 14-year-olds to sanitize slaughter machinery was only guilty of human error, then? LOL.

And at 3 in the morning. LOL. Mmm-mm, yummy.

What difference does the time make? You aren't making any sense.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05