• Spam: It's Alive on DriveThruRPG

From Will in New Haven@21:1/5 to All on Fri Aug 4 08:14:01 2017
    No Kickstarter; It's already written and available.
    Forward by C.J. Carella to the Core Rules

Foreword
    *A long time ago, in a little burg by the name of New Haven, Connecticut, I joined a gaming group led by one William Reich, who ran a game using a system of his own creation – Glory Road. At that point, I'd been playing tabletop RPGs for some time, and
    had published a few supplements for Steve Jackson Games. Even though I was a GURPS addict, I found myself enjoying Bill's Glory Road weekly sessions a great deal. The combat system was deadly and exciting, the magic had a unique flavor that made it stand
    out, and some of the rules were a refreshing change from the usual fare of the time. I even shamelessly stole the exploding-dice mechanism from Glory Road and adapted it to the home rules that eventually became the Unisystem.
    Glory Road is concise but complex, and as such may not be to the taste of those who prefer minimalist rule systems. Contrary to what many designers seem to think nowadays, I think there are a lot of gamers who enjoy complexity for the sake of realism (or
    at least a realistic/coherent tone) in their rules set, and GR should satisfy the needs of people who want their katana to work differently than their pickaxe or spear, who want to figure out the tradeoffs between chain mail and boiled leather armor, and
    who want their sorcerers to have access to a wide variety of specializations. If that is your cup of tea, you are in for a treat.
    So arm yourself with dice of many values, paper and pencil and the power of your imagination, and embark on a heroic quest. You will enjoy the trip.
    - C.J. Carella

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/218159/Glory-Road-Roleplay-Core-Rules

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)