• (SPAM) Available at DriveThruRPG Soon

From Will in New Haven@21:1/5 to All on Tue Aug 1 12:01:58 2017
    Forward to the Glory Road Roleplay Core Rules by C.J. Carella

Foreword

A long time ago, in a little burg by the name of New Haven, Connecticut, I joined a gaming group led by one William Reich, who ran a game using a system of his own creation – Glory Road. At that point, I’d been playing tabletop RPGs for some time,
    and had published a few supplements for Steve Jackson Games. Even though I was a GURPS addict, I found myself enjoying Bill’s Glory Road weekly sessions a great deal. The combat system was deadly and exciting, the magic had a unique flavor that made it
    stand out, and some of the rules were a refreshing change from the usual fare of the time. I even shamelessly stole the exploding-dice mechanism from Glory Road and adapted it to the home rules that eventually became the Unisystem.
    Glory Road is concise but complex, and as such may not be to the taste of those who prefer minimalist rule systems. Contrary to what many designers seem to think nowadays, I think there are a lot of gamers who enjoy complexity for the sake of realism (or
    at least a realistic/coherent tone) in their rules set, and GR should satisfy the needs of people who want their katana to work differently than their pickaxe or spear, who want to figure out the tradeoffs between chain mail and boiled leather armor, and
    who want their sorcerers to have access to a wide variety of specializations. If that is your cup of tea, you are in for a treat.
    So, arm yourself with dice of many values, paper and pencil and the power of your imagination, and embark on a heroic quest. You will enjoy the trip.

- C.J. Carella
    C.J. is a very successful novelist whose Warp Marine series and other works can be found at Amazon and everywhere else books and e-books are sold.
    He also developed a very large amount of gaming materials, including several important GURPS sourcebooks, All Flesh Must be Eaten, the Buffy game and the Unisystem. He still plays with us.
    Note: The “exploding dice system,” which we call Feisting, never belonged to me for C.J. to steal. It was used by one Bruce Feist in early campaigns in New Haven. And I stole it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)