• [kickstarter] Knock! Issue Four

From gbbgu@21:1/5 to All on Thu Nov 30 09:23:47 2023
    An Adventure Gaming Bric-a-Brac. Being A Compendium of Miscellanea for Old-School RPGs. For us OSR weirdos and curious D&D heads alike.

KNOCK! issue 4 is ready to go to press, just waiting for you to pledge. You know the formula: no theme, all mean. Once again, we've cobbled together a bric-à-brac of game design insight, random tables, rules suggestions, monsters, classes, maps, adventures… the lot. We've also added a short series (12 pages) aimed at post-WotC meltdown 5E refugees (or just your friends who you’d like to bring over to the adventure gaming side of the divide).

The book is 212 pages (A5 format: 5.9’ x 8.25’, slightly bigger than digest size) in beautiful full colour, printed on quality paper (coated 130 gr, with
    a cover on coated 300 gr) by Olivier's neighbours in the South Basque country.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/896102915/knock-issue-four
    --
    gbbgu

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From gbbgu@21:1/5 to gbbgu on Thu Nov 30 09:32:52 2023
    On 30 Nov 2023, gbbgu wrote:

An Adventure Gaming Bric-a-Brac. Being A Compendium of Miscellanea for Old-School RPGs. For us OSR weirdos and curious D&D heads alike.

KNOCK! issue 4 is ready to go to press, just waiting for you to pledge. You know the formula: no theme, all mean. Once again, we've cobbled together a bric-à-brac of game design insight, random tables, rules suggestions, monsters, classes, maps, adventures… the lot. We've also added a short series
    (12 pages) aimed at post-WotC meltdown 5E refugees (or just your friends who you’d like to bring over to the adventure gaming side of the divide).

The book is 212 pages (A5 format: 5.9’ x 8.25’, slightly bigger than digest
    size) in beautiful full colour, printed on quality paper (coated 130 gr, with a cover on coated 300 gr) by Olivier's neighbours in the South Basque country.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/896102915/knock-issue-four

I have the 3 previous Knock! books and I think they're great. They typography is a bit all over the place, different styles used throughout the book, so if that's not your thing you won't like this. Make them a bit hard to read, but
    at least they're pretty to look and and not boring :)

Books are really solid, and have content on every place they can, including
    the dust jackets.

--
    gbbgu

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gbbgu@21:1/5 to kyonshi on Thu Jan 11 00:45:31 2024
    On 25 Dec 2023, kyonshi wrote:

On 11/30/2023 10:32 AM, gbbgu wrote:

I have the 3 previous Knock! books and I think they're great. They typography
    is a bit all over the place, different styles used throughout the book, so if
    that's not your thing you won't like this. Make them a bit hard to read, but >> at least they're pretty to look and and not boring :)

Books are really solid, and have content on every place they can, including >> the dust jackets.

I looked at the kickstarters for them I think, but I really couldn't
    justify paying that much shipping. But I am living a bit off the beaten
    path.

The shipping is the biggest pain point for a lot of kickstarters. I'd grab a lot more stuff, but when the shipping is equal to the cost of the item I also just have to let it go. They're not Pokemon and I don't need them all :)

--
    gbbgu

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05