• Question about American Mahjong

From Joann Motter@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jul 1 14:24:49 2021
    I am a beginner player - Say I am collecting tiles and have a joker in the group that I have exposed. A player draws a tile and does not see the joker I have and discards the tile. I thought that tile could not be picked up by anyone. Where is that rule?
    Joann

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Johni Levene@21:1/5 to Joann Motter on Mon Sep 13 21:26:56 2021
    On Thursday, July 1, 2021 at 2:24:50 PM UTC-7, Joann Motter wrote:
    I am a beginner player - Say I am collecting tiles and have a joker in the group that I have exposed. A player draws a tile and does not see the joker I have and discards the tile. I thought that tile could not be picked up by anyone. Where is that
    rule? Joann

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Johni Levene@21:1/5 to Joann Motter on Mon Sep 13 21:33:43 2021
    Hi Joann, you are correct. Once that tile was discarded it may NOT be picked up by another player to redeem for that exposed joker. However if a player wanted to call it for a NEW exposure, they may do that.

I’m sorry it took so long to see this. The best place to ask any Mahj related questions is on the Facebook group “Mah Jongg, That’s It”. There are over 30,000 players active there and you can get questions answered almost immediately.

On Thursday, July 1, 2021 at 2:24:50 PM UTC-7, Joann Motter wrote:
    I am a beginner player - Say I am collecting tiles and have a joker in the group that I have exposed. A player draws a tile and does not see the joker I have and discards the tile. I thought that tile could not be picked up by anyone. Where is that
    rule? Joann

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05