• Re: Blobbo

From Jeff Russo@21:1/5 to tbf...@gmail.com on Mon Feb 6 20:10:45 2023
    On Monday, April 13, 2015 at 9:19:31 PM UTC-5, tbf...@gmail.com wrote:
    stuck on level 25 cant seem to figure out how to move the middle super spike

I realize the likely futility of replying to an 8-year old post (which was itself a reply to a 28-year old post), but I'm going to do it anyway! If you (or anybody else) is still struggling with level 25, I figure you've suffered long enough and I'll
    share some hints that worked for me. This was a tough level. Also, I'd like to commend the creator of Blobbo, Glenn Andreas, for this absolute gem of a game! I can't fathom how some of these levels were created, they are remarkable. Note sure if he's
    still writing software, retired, or pushing up daisies, but well done sir!

Spoilers (Level 25):

First of all, figure out how to trip the large group of bowling balls so that only one of them falls down the ramp, that ball can then be pushed out of the way. (There's no reason to ever trigger the extending branch/vine.) You will need to acquire the "
    arrow turning" tool. The correct arrow to turn is just above the central spike room, closest to the vine. But don't use the tool right away because it's useful first as a droppable object to solve the room with 2 bowling balls. To solve the center spike
    room, first you need to manipulate it by traveling around the outside rooms to trigger the spike and get it to move from it's starting position. To collect the fire extinguisher, be sure you aren't carrying any objects when you enter the pipe, or you won'
    t be able to pick up the extinguisher, you'll just bounce back out. When you have the fire extinguisher, you need to move a pipe segment to enter the center spike room. Good luck with the rest! If you can solve the level, you'll get to meet the Blobbo
    family.

Jeff

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)