• Re: Monthly 3DO FAQ posting (2/2)

From KP KP@21:1/5 to Scott A. Krotz on Sun Sep 4 16:05:24 2022
    [continued from previous message]

to exchange their NVRAM devouring copy of the horde for one with less of an appetite. To do so, follow these directions from Crystal Dynamics:
    UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box . Please _mail_ your
    Horde (3DO) CD along with the 3"x5" index card or piece of
    paper with your name and full street address to:
    Crystal Dynamics
    P.O. Box 7046
    San Francisco, CA 94120-9324
    The new version will only allow you to save four games, and will allow you
    to delete NVRAM files when it is full. For more information about the new version, call the Crystal Dynamics Customer Service line at (415)473-3434. ===============================================================================
    This has been the 3DO Frequently asked questions list. It is maintained
    by Scott A. Krotz, kr...@rtsg.mot.com. Although I attempt to keep the FAQ
    as accurate as possible, some information may be incorrect. I have no affiliation with the 3DO Company other than being a satisfied customer and the
    information in this FAQ should not be taken as an official statement from the 3DO Company.
    Special thanks to Blake Stone, Stephen Landrum, Enrique Conty, Dave Platt, and
    Tim Nichols for their help in creating and/or maintaining this list. The information and/or help provided by these people has been a great assistance in
    making this list as complete and correct as possible.
    Send all corrections, comments, and ideas for additions to me, Scott Krotz
    at kr...@rtsg.mot.com. ===============================================================================
    Nice FAQ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Mike Garcia@21:1/5 to KP KP on Wed Dec 7 19:27:10 2022
    [continued from previous message]

library that caused a clicking sound sometimes when audio samples were played.
    This can be heard in games like "Crash & Burn" and "Total Eclipse." The bug >> has been fixed and should only be present in early 3DO games.
    [4.9] Hey! I played The Horde, saved a game, and now all of my other non-Horde
    saved games in NVRAM are gone! What happened?
    A: The Horde currently deletes all other non-horde saved games in NVRAM when >> you save a game. Amazingly, this is not a bug.. the game was designed to do >> this to give players the maximum amount of ram for Horde saved games! Crystal
    Dynamics is aware that this is a problem for many people and will allow people
    to exchange their NVRAM devouring copy of the horde for one with less of an >> appetite. To do so, follow these directions from Crystal Dynamics:
    UPS will not deliver to a P.O. Box . Please _mail_ your
    Horde (3DO) CD along with the 3"x5" index card or piece of
    paper with your name and full street address to:
    Crystal Dynamics
    P.O. Box 7046
    San Francisco, CA 94120-9324
    The new version will only allow you to save four games, and will allow you >> to delete NVRAM files when it is full. For more information about the new
    version, call the Crystal Dynamics Customer Service line at (415)473-3434. >> ===============================================================================
    This has been the 3DO Frequently asked questions list. It is maintained
    by Scott A. Krotz, kr...@rtsg.mot.com. Although I attempt to keep the FAQ
    as accurate as possible, some information may be incorrect. I have no
    affiliation with the 3DO Company other than being a satisfied customer and the
    information in this FAQ should not be taken as an official statement from the
    3DO Company.
    Special thanks to Blake Stone, Stephen Landrum, Enrique Conty, Dave Platt, and
    Tim Nichols for their help in creating and/or maintaining this list. The
    information and/or help provided by these people has been a great assistance in
    making this list as complete and correct as possible.
    Send all corrections, comments, and ideas for additions to me, Scott Krotz >> at kr...@rtsg.mot.com.
    ===============================================================================
    Nice FAQ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)