• Sunset magazine sourdough cookbook

From Gertoshav@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jun 29 12:02:24 2017
    I was given this book many years ago by my Mother-in-law, yeah she is pretty great! When my son, now long grown, was a toddler, I would make a bagel recipe from it, and he would eat them faster than I could turn them out. Then my book disappeared. We
    later found him recycling things, so we think it suffered the same fate. Have been unable to find a copy anyplace. Sunset magazine denies having printed such a book.

If anyone can share their favorite bagel recipe using starter and no comercial yeast, I would be most grateful. And the one from the book would be great to have again! Thanks

Paul, gertoshav@gmail.com.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Boron Elgar@21:1/5 to gertoshav@gmail.com on Thu Jun 29 20:31:49 2017
    On Thu, 29 Jun 2017 12:02:24 -0700 (PDT), Gertoshav
    <gertoshav@gmail.com> wrote:

I was given this book many years ago by my Mother-in-law, yeah she is pretty great! When my son, now long grown, was a toddler, I would make a bagel recipe from it, and he would eat them faster than I could turn them out. Then my book disappeared. We
    later found him recycling things, so we think it suffered the same fate. Have been unable to find a copy anyplace. Sunset magazine denies having printed such a book.

If anyone can share their favorite bagel recipe using starter and no comercial yeast, I would be most grateful. And the one from the book would be great to have again! Thanks

Paul, gertoshav@gmail.com.

I do not have your recipe, but this is what I used several years ago
    as a basis for mine. I confess, that I tweak as I go along, so I
    apologize that I cannot offer up those tweaks (I never make the same
    things twice - it is a flaw of my bread-baking character), but this is
    a decent place to start.

http://www.wildyeastblog.com/sourdough-bagels-2/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)