The West Hollywood apartment of a prominent Democratic donor
where a 26-year-old man was found dead of an overdose this
summer was littered with drug paraphernalia, according to the
man’s autopsy report.
The Los Angeles County coroner’s report, which was obtained by
the Los Angeles Times on Friday, says that Gemmel Moore died
from an accidental methamphetamine overdose July 27 in the
Laurel Avenue home of Ed Buck. The drug was injected into his
Paramedics found Moore naked on a mattress in the living room
with a “male pornography movie playing on the television,” the
Coroner’s officials ruled Moore’s death an accident, and an
initial review by sheriff’s deputies found nothing suspicious.
In August, Los Angeles County sheriff’s homicide detectives
launched a new investigation after Moore’s mother and friends
questioned whether the drugs that killed him were self-