• Re: Pryor's Double Dark

From L Land@21:1/5 to Michael D. Fisher on Sun Apr 30 02:24:02 2023
    On Friday, February 14, 2003 at 1:02:24 PM UTC-7, Michael D. Fisher wrote:
    Below you will find the definitive answer to the original question as answered by the company itself.
    Dear Michael D. Fisher:
    I'm writing in answer to your questions regarding Pryor Double Dark. Our brewery did make Pryor Double Dark under license agreement and hold it as a draft exclusive for a number of years. We discontinued the product about
    10 years ago because we could not come to a agreement with the license
    holder regarding expansion of the product line. We had been interested in expanding the Pryor trademark and introducing packages. Unfortunately, the license holder would never agree to do this at a rate that would allow us to invest behind the brand, and thus we discontinued it about 10 years ago.
    Some time after that we did introduce Saranac Black Forest, also as a draft exclusive. To your question as to whether Saranac Black Forest and Pryor
    are the same beer. The answer is no they are not, but I would say that
    they are similar products, and thus I understand why people might think they were related. As you may be aware, Saranac Black Forest now is available
    as part of the Saranac line, and is offered in our Trail Mix packages as
    well as being available in six packs.
    I hope I've answered your questions, if you have anything else, let me know. Thanks for taking the time to e-mail us. We work hard to make the best Saranac products we can, and it certainly is nice to hear that people appreciate them. If you are ever in our area, I hope you will take the opportunity to come visit our brewery and see our operations. We have an interesting tour of our facilities and are proud to show our brewery, now operating in its third century, or alternatively you might want to visit our web site at www.saranac.com. and join Club Saranac for news from Saranac, discounts on merchandise, as well as opportunities to win free gifts. Lorraine - Customer Relations - Matt Brewing Co.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From L Land@21:1/5 to All on Sun Apr 30 02:26:50 2023
    Prior Double Dark was my fovorite beer. It was inexpensive and sold at the Grand Union supermarket in NYC.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)