• Saviata or Shavolette Cookie Recipe

From jcgoldfarb@21:1/5 to All on Thu Dec 17 18:15:03 2020
    according to this website you posted this a LONG time ago - but I just stumbled across it. I have been going over my mom's recipes with her and doing our christmas baking... and we just made what you are looking for.
    6 eggs
    1lb of confectionary sugar (about 3 3/4 cups)
    1lb of flour (about 3 1/2 cups)
    1tsp of vanilla extract
    1tsp of anise extract
    4 tsp of baking powder
    Put 2 eggs in a bowl at a time and beat them well (stand or hand mixer can be used) Add in the sugar a little at a time and mix well. Add in the extracts, baking powder - mix and then add flour a little at a time until all is blended. Batter is very
    gooey and sticky. Prepare your baking sheets by spraying cooking spray on the sheet - cover with parchment paper and spray the parchment paper as well. Place the batter in a pastry bag or use a ziplock bag and snip off the tip. Form oblong shapes on
    the cookie sheet. leave enough room as the batter will spread. Bake for about 6 minutes or until slightly golden brown on the bottom in a 350 degree oven. Keep your eye on the cookies - as they cook quickly.
    I do hope this email reaches you and you get a chance to make them. They are one of my favorites as well as the Pignoli, and Lemon Anginetti cookies - which we will be baking next. Hope you make them and enjoy!

--
    For full context, visit https://www.inspirepoint.com/baking/saviata-or-shavolette-cookie-recipe-12564-.htm

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)