• Linda McCartney

From cassandra.harper@gmail.com@21:1/5 to bakertd on Thu Jun 27 11:29:54 2019
    On Tuesday, April 18, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, bakertd wrote:
    Please excuse if this topic was discussed another time, but I am a new subscriber to this group. Recent tv interviews with Paul McCartney reminded me about a question that I had when his wife Linda died, and that still bothers me:

Linda was a vegetarian for over twenty years; she also did not have many of the known risk factors for cancer - she had children, she was slim, she
    lived
    an active meaningful life, she seemed to have a positive outlook on life, without the stress of worrying about money, and it seemed that she did not even expose herself to carcinogenic dyes in cosmetics. Yet, as we all know, Linda McCartney died of Breast Cancer!

Does her death from cancer cause doubt as to the anti-cancer protective
    value
    of a vegetarian lifestyle? Has anyone discovered what really did cause Linda McCartney's cancer? Was she a cigarette smoker? Could it have been marijuana use? Or radiation from mammograms? (Because I have never done these things,
    I
    would feel "safer" if they were the real reasons.) I don't remember reading anything that answered questions about why Linda McCartney, of all people, got
    cancer.

Thanks, and I don't mean to offend anyone, but as I said, these questions have
    concerned me for a long time.

TDB

Its all speculative but she probably was genetically predisposed to it.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From ...m...@21:1/5 to cassandra.harper@gmail.com on Sat Aug 12 17:47:25 2023
    <cassandra.harper@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Tuesday, April 18, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, bakertd wrote:
    Please excuse if this topic was discussed another time, but I am a new
    subscriber to this group. Recent tv interviews with Paul McCartney reminded >> me about a question that I had when his wife Linda died, and that still
    bothers me:

Linda was a vegetarian for over twenty years; she also did not have many of >> the known risk factors for cancer - she had children, she was slim, she
    lived
    an active meaningful life, she seemed to have a positive outlook on life,
    without the stress of worrying about money, and it seemed that she did not >> even expose herself to carcinogenic dyes in cosmetics. Yet, as we all know, >> Linda McCartney died of Breast Cancer!

Does her death from cancer cause doubt as to the anti-cancer protective
    value
    of a vegetarian lifestyle? Has anyone discovered what really did cause Linda >> McCartney's cancer? Was she a cigarette smoker? Could it have been marijuana >> use? Or radiation from mammograms? (Because I have never done these things, >> I
    would feel "safer" if they were the real reasons.) I don't remember reading >> anything that answered questions about why Linda McCartney, of all people, >> got
    cancer.

Thanks, and I don't mean to offend anyone, but as I said, these questions
    have
    concerned me for a long time.

TDB

Its all speculative but she probably was genetically predisposed to it.

...risk factors are just that: factors which compound statistical risk observed in large data sets, but in the end even the healthiest person in
    the world can be bumped by a cosmic ray just-so and that one bit of
    defective DNA does the rest...
    ...you roll your dice, you take your chances...

...m...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)