• England Maybank tea?

From btumber@amtelecom.net@21:1/5 to dou...@gmail.com on Wed Sep 16 12:34:05 2015
    On Sunday, May 24, 2015 at 6:18:47 AM UTC-4, dou...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Thursday, 26 May 2011 23:23:21 UTC+10, Brenda wrote:
    Brenda had written this in response to http://www.drinksforum.com/tea/England-Maybank-tea-20641-.htm :
    Hello,
    I am also related to William Branthwaite through his daughter Sarah Branthwaite Russell born 1857. I have been researching the family and have information to share. I have been unable to find any information about Maybank tea but do have information about him and his family.
    Are you the grandson of Joseph Gibson Branthwaite who died off the Australian coast in 1919?
    Brenda Tumber
    Ontario, Canada

Hello Brenda.

I have just had reason to go through my Branthwaite records and I have found your reply to my message posted in 2003!. I do not recall ever seeing this so I must have missed it somehow. If you read this please accept my apologies for my carelessness
    and I would be very pleased if we could swap information. In answer to your question, yes, I am a grandson of Joseph Gibson Branthwaite.
    .Doug Anderson.

Doug and Margaret wrote:

My Great Grandfather, William Branthwaite born 1827, was a tea blender
    in Liverpool. He imported tea from the Far East. His tea, which was
    sold
    across England and Scotland, may have been called Maybank. Does anybody know of this blend of tea or have any information about it?.

Doug Anderson
    Australia.

-------------------------------------

Could you contact me directly please regarding William Branthwaite and family at btumber@amtelecom.net

Brenda

##-----------------------------------------------##
    Delivered via http://www.drinksforum.com/
    Beer and Wine Community
    Web, RSS and Twitter access to your favorite newsgroup - rec.food.drink.tea - 28303 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)