• Do Horses show affection to humans?

From spacekitten807@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Oct 15 19:00:05 2016
    I have to say I have nothing to do with the daily feeding if our horses my mum in law does that before we are even out of bed. These beautiful animals greet me with such love, I I scratch the nape of his name and he puts his head over my shoulder and
    gently nuzzles and nibbles me back in rececepiation just the same as he would do to his fellow companions.
    Our mare who is very highly strung, i love horses but I am no way classed as a horse person, will only let me groom her I don't know why but these professionally trained people can get no where near her. Explain that xx

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From foreverhorses2000@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 25 05:19:48 2016
    Posts started in 02, and its 2016. Much has been discovered in horses over the years. Much more known of why and how of horses today. The horse likes what it likes, objection of dislikes shown in behaviors. As for affections and ability to feel such...
    think of it like social network. There are connections of people known and unknown, communicating. Some you dearly enjoy posts, find common interests and just plain enjoy. There are others that your not always in agreement, or even object to some of
    thier views. If one member goes away, you may miss thier lovely postngs, but your not really missing them, and life goes on as usual with you and the social networks. New people connect and you like or not of them also. Some folks seem smarter and people
    notice what they say, others are different, and just add to the group as a whole. So be the horses thinking and levels of purpose, or care interests to humans, or even other horses interests of other horses. Your horses may like what you do for them.
    But what you do, can be replaced and enjoyed with another human that bought that horse from you. Horses can also decide they dont care how the new person does it and be distant from a new owner. Why? Cause perhaps the horse liked the communication better
    with last owner, and new owner does it different. But just like a member leaving a skcial network that you liked, one does get use to the new member, or finds another source of likes.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Brian Whatcott@21:1/5 to spacekitten807@gmail.com on Fri Dec 23 16:33:28 2016
    On 10/15/2016 9:00 PM, spacekitten807@gmail.com wrote:
    I have to say I have nothing to do with the daily feeding if our horses my mum in law does that before we are even out of bed. These beautiful animals greet me with such love, I I scratch the nape of his name and he puts his head over my shoulder and
    gently nuzzles and nibbles me back in rececepiation just the same as he would do to his fellow companions.
    Our mare who is very highly strung, i love horses but I am no way classed as a horse person, will only let me groom her I don't know why but these professionally trained people can get no where near her. Explain that xx

I find that women are very willing to notice signs of love in the horses
    they handle. This seems to lead on to being unable to firmly correct a
    horse who develops some bad habit. Beware!

Brian W

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05