• Obit--death at radnor

From becky.l.b.67@gmail.com@21:1/5 to GBExcel on Mon Jan 29 10:19:19 2018
    On Wednesday, October 14, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, GBExcel wrote:
    Eileen Morgan writes

<< I know the first
    few horses (maybe three?) did clear the fence, but I am not sure if
    they also had difficulty or his fall was a fluke.>>

Keith was second on course. Fence 11 has been on the course for years, and, in
    fact, Keith had jumped it successfully, with this horse and others, many times.
    It was updated from time to time, of course, and I understand was actually lowered for this year's event. The first rider on course went clean.

The only thing that can be said is that this was one of those situations where
    bad luck hit hard. Keith was an excellent rider, the horse was a good horse, experienced at this level. Nothing was "wrong" or going sour.... it was plainly
    and simply bad luck--bad luck in the fall, bad luck in the type of fall. All the crash vests and helmets in the world won't save you when 1200 pounds of horse lands smack on top of you.

He was a very nice guy and will be missed very much.

Pat Thrasher
    Wilmington, Dela-where?

Remove *goaway* to email me.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It only wastes your time and annoys the pig.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From becky.l.b.67@gmail.com@21:1/5 to GBExcel on Mon Jan 29 10:25:35 2018
    On Wednesday, October 14, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, GBExcel wrote:
    Eileen Morgan writes

<< I know the first
    few horses (maybe three?) did clear the fence, but I am not sure if
    they also had difficulty or his fall was a fluke.>>

Keith was second on course. Fence 11 has been on the course for years, and, in
    fact, Keith had jumped it successfully, with this horse and others, many times.
    It was updated from time to time, of course, and I understand was actually lowered for this year's event. The first rider on course went clean.

The only thing that can be said is that this was one of those situations where
    bad luck hit hard. Keith was an excellent rider, the horse was a good horse, experienced at this level. Nothing was "wrong" or going sour.... it was plainly
    and simply bad luck--bad luck in the fall, bad luck in the type of fall. All the crash vests and helmets in the world won't save you when 1200 pounds of horse lands smack on top of you.

He was a very nice guy and will be missed very much.

Pat Thrasher
    Wilmington, Dela-where?

Remove *goaway* to email me.

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It only wastes your time and annoys the pig.

Keith taught me how to ride when I was a teenager. I was his first student. His father told me at the funeral that he had received a lung puncture due to a riding accident just a few years before, and he really thought his lungs had not healed enough
    to take another hit. So sad especially for family and fiancee.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)