• The Man from Snowy River

From thezendog68@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 16 14:20:15 2017
    Having stumbled across the info about the second movie (which id never heard of), i've just watched clips of the scene and when the horse somersaults it looks like its a mare. Obviously this doesn't address whether a horse died in the scene or not, but
    if it is a made then its not the original "Denny." Either way its a horrific fall and I feel shooting pretty much the same scene in the second movie is a total farce. In the first film the downhill gallop was amazing and in context. To do pretty much the
    same thing again, for no good reason and result in such a nasty horse fall (be it a stunt or an accident) was cruel, pointless and unimaginative. Glad I've never seen the movie and can only hope no horses were hurt, let alone killed in its making.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From iguild20@gmail.com@21:1/5 to GDA on Tue Nov 20 10:39:51 2018
    On Friday, January 17, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, GDA wrote:
    Following in the thread of the Black Stallion movie. Did any of you hear anything about this movie when it was on circuit a coupla years back?

There was a magazine article on the movie and people where picketing
    outside the movie houses due to the fact that some of the horses in the
    movie had been shot to make scenes look more realistic. One scene was when the horse had to race down a steep incline and fall at the bottom,
    apparently he was shot by a bloke with a rifle. Mind you I seem to think that the magazine said it was a mare.

The movie was filmed in Australia and possibly it was the sequel to the
    movie that they wanted to prevent people watching because of the animal
    abuse 'behind the scenes'.

I must truly admit that I am going on memory here but I know for a fact
    that a horse or two was shot for a five minute film take.

Mind you I suppose some people see a horse no different to a buck but I couldn't shoot one of those either, I saw Bambi... :-)

Even the actors lie about the horse death - everywhere people are saying it didn't happen, no horses died, or they say "Denny didn't die" - so what if another horse did die? Could it be a mistake? Hardly, given that the actors and the horse manager were
    charged with animal cruelty. Found not guilty, but how do you deny a horse died with this kind of evidence? https://trove.nla.gov.au/newspaper/article/132153268

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Hasler@21:1/5 to All on Tue Nov 20 13:38:01 2018
    iguild20 writes:
    On Friday, January 17, 1997 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-5, GDA wrote:

A necrothread. Google Groups strikes again. Oh, well. At least it's
    some activity.

--
    John Hasler Boarding, Lessons, Training john@dancinghorsehill.com Hay, Jumps, Cavallox
    Dancing Horse Hill
    Elmwood, WI USA

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From ddunn@stlouisaspendale.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Aug 22 16:33:58 2020
    Their was a poo

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05