• Kratom: How to synthesize Mitragynine Pseudoindoxyl from Mitragynin

From schuylerfh7@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Dec 24 08:16:33 2015
    <sye...@stumail.jccc.edu> can you send me a link to the article mentioning using helminthosporum to convert mitragynine to m. pseudoindoxyl???

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From mramsuresh31@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Oct 1 02:30:44 2016
    Hi Can you send the details to do mitryagnine to mitryagnine pesudoindoxyl

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From ividok11@hotmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Dec 31 04:33:28 2016
    Op vrijdag 19 maart 2004 19:21:14 UTC+1 schreef Mr. Kratom:
    Hello,

For those that don't know, Kratom is a psychoactive plant that originates from Thailand. The active ingredients in the plant, which is primarily Mitragynine, produces stimulant-type effects at low doses and opiate-like euphoria at higher doses. Mitragynine binds to the delta opiate receptors, and crosses over to the mu opiate receptors as dosage increases.

Anyway, in one study a derivative of Mitragynine was created - Mitragynine Pseudoindoxyl. Testing on this derived compound indicated that its
    analgesic properties were stronger than morphine.

I'm interesting doing the same thing - deriving Mitragynine Pseudoindoxyl from Mitragynine, and was hoping one or more of you chemists out there could provide some ideas on how to do so?

Here is a quote from one of the articles:

"Studies on the Synthesis and Opioid Agonistic Activities of Mitragynine-Related Indole Alkaloids: Discovery of Opioid Agonists Structurally Different from Other Opioid Ligands

Hiromitsu Takayama,*,? Hayato Ishikawa,? Mika Kurihara,? Mariko Kitajima,? Norio Aimi,? Dhavadee Ponglux,?
    Fumi Koyama,§ Kenjiro Matsumoto,§ Tomoyuki Moriyama,§ Leonard T. Yamamoto,§
    Kazuo Watanabe,§
    Toshihiko Murayama,§ and Syunji Horie*,§

Received December 21, 2001
    Mitragynine (1) is a major alkaloidal component in the Thai traditional medicinal herb,
    Mitragyna speciosa, and has been proven to exhibit analgesic activity mediated by opioid
    receptors. By utilizing this natural product as a lead compound, synthesis
    of some derivatives,
    evaluations of the structure-activity relationship, and surveys of the intrinsic activities and potencies on opioid receptors were performed with guinea pig ileum. The affinities of some
    compounds for Ě-, ?-, and -receptors were determined in a receptor binding assay. The essential structural moieties in the Corynanthe type indole alkaloids for inducing the opioid agonistic activity were also clarified.
    The oxidative derivatives of mitragynine, i.e., mitragynine pseudoindoxyl
    (2) and 7-hydroxymitragynine (12), were found as opioid agonists with higher potency than morphine in the experiment with guinea pig ileum. In addition,
    2 induced an analgesic activity in the tail flick test in mice.

1949 J. Med. Chem. 2002, 45, 1949-1956

The prep of mitragynine pseudoindoxyl from mitragynine is relatively simple:

Treatment of 1 with lead tetraacetate gave the 7-acetoxyindolenine
    derivative (11) in 50% yield. By alkaline hydrolysis of 11, 7-hydroxy-7H-mitragynine (12), which has been found as a minor constituent
    in the leaves of M. speciosa,17 was obtained in 95% yield. Treatment of 12 with sodium methoxide in methanol gave the pseudoindoxy derivative (2)."

On another message forum, someone indicated that the lead stuff mentioned above wouldn't be good for human consumption. They also mentioned that simple oxidization of Mitragynine should produce some quantity of Pseudoindoxyl.

Anyway, I'm not a chemist, and would appreciate any help in figuring out a simple way to produce this stuff at home. My ultimate purpose here is to create a more cost-effective drug. Kratom, and the resultant extracted Mitragynine, is fairly expensive. If the pseudoindoxyl were several times more potent, then obviously the dosage could be decreased. (Of course, I realize that the derivitive may not produce the same pleasant results as the "parent" drug, and that will need to be determined.)

Thanks,

Mr. Kratom

Good luck finding someone to do it for you and good luck dying. Maybe you could find a place that sells lead(IV)acetate wich I strongly doubt. But let's say you do obtain it you'll probably poison yourself and others this is not just a lead salt this is
    a strong oxidizing extremely carcinogenic and toxic lead salt. removing it from your alkaloïd solution will be a pain in the arse too. I'd try to find another method, maybe use a diffrent oxidizing agent then lead salts. Even then your yield will be
    crap since the lead acts as a catalyst. Remember lead salts won't kill you instantly in those small amounts but it'll give you cancer and other diseases. Don't do it please. Anyone that offers to do this for you is probably a bigger moron then I am don't
    trust them.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From motleydigger06@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jun 30 18:30:16 2017
    Would you email me the link for the extraction, that email has been deleted, Thanks
    Cali

motleydigger06@gmail.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From meetrenjithremanan@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Feb 5 17:59:24 2018
    Dear All

Never get trapped by this ONLINE hackers. They already taken 1500 dollar from me saying different fees for the non existing shipment they have send they say.. I am a cancer patient and thought to order my medicine via online an unfortunately got hooked
    up with this frauds..

Beware of this frauds. Right now I registered the police complaint at Canada and waiting to get these guys packed in Jail very soon... They were even threatening to kill me at the End. The real frauds..
    Their Phone NUmber: 5403008034 and many fraud gmail accounts ..

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05