• OT Finally Closing!

From Night Mist@21:1/5 to All on Mon Nov 27 08:05:32 2017
    After much fuss and bother we finally have a closing date!
    We close this Friday.
    I got the confirmation from the lawyer this morning. The seller's lawyer dragged their tail about getting ours the needed papers, so he had to work at top speed because our grant expires on the fourth.

This is splendid news because a chunk of wood in the exterior wall of our kitchen had apparently rotted, and it fell away a couple of weeks ago. the result of that is a hole you can climb through, and the top of it comes up above floor level. It seems
    to have damaged the plumbing under the sink as well, and there is a very fast leak in the feed line. A big draft and a serious plumbing problem, somehow just the final farewell to this place I would have expected.

Now if the Last Landlord would just get his butt over here so I can give him his termination of residency letter...

NightMist

PS The grant is from a private foundation in conjunction with a bank in Pittsburgh.
    It is not a government grant of any sort. Just saying because some relatives and such have given me grief based on assumptions.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From gingerwcgc@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Night Mist on Mon Nov 27 17:31:42 2017
    Wow!
    What a gift for this season, huh?

Congratulations!

Ginger in CA
    [email to reply is gaw93031@msn.com]

On Monday, 27 November 2017 08:05:33 UTC-8, Night Mist wrote:
    We close this Friday.
    I got the confirmation from the lawyer this morning. The seller's lawyer dragged their tail about getting ours the needed papers, so he had to work at top speed because our grant expires on the fourth.

This is splendid news because a chunk of wood in the exterior wall of our kitchen had apparently rotted, and it fell away a couple of weeks ago. the result of that is a hole you can climb through, and the top of it comes up above floor level. It seems
    to have damaged the plumbing under the sink as well, and there is a very fast leak in the feed line. A big draft and a serious plumbing problem, somehow just the final farewell to this place I would have expected.

Now if the Last Landlord would just get his butt over here so I can give him his termination of residency letter...

NightMist

PS The grant is from a private foundation in conjunction with a bank in Pittsburgh.
    It is not a government grant of any sort. Just saying because some relatives and such have given me grief based on assumptions.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Julia in MN@21:1/5 to Night Mist on Wed Nov 29 08:26:10 2017
    Congratulations! I hope the closing and the move go smoothly!

Julia in MN
    On 11/27/2017 10:05 AM, Night Mist wrote:
    We close this Friday.

NightMist

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Night Mist@21:1/5 to All on Fri Dec 1 14:06:41 2017
    WABOOO!!!

Success!
    The only glitch was the realtor's office not calling our agent to tell him the county confirmed the transfer. Thus we didn't get told where the keys were hidden until 4:30. Mind you they were in the second place I would have looked, but still...

We now are the proud owners of a structurally sound well insulated house with a hybrid furnace. Plus enough land to not only live on, but to make a living on, though that will take some time and work.

NightMist

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Liz Megerle@21:1/5 to Night Mist on Fri Dec 1 17:20:45 2017
    YEEHAW!!
    Congratulations and felicitations.
    Liz

On 12/1/2017 5:06 PM, Night Mist wrote:
    WABOOO!!!

Success!
    The only glitch was the realtor's office not calling our agent to tell him the county confirmed the transfer. Thus we didn't get told where the keys were hidden until 4:30. Mind you they were in the second place I would have looked, but still...

We now are the proud owners of a structurally sound well insulated house with a hybrid furnace. Plus enough land to not only live on, but to make a living on, though that will take some time and work.

NightMist

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gamermire@yahoo.com@21:1/5 to Night Mist on Fri Dec 1 15:18:53 2017
    On Friday, December 1, 2017 at 3:06:44 PM UTC-7, Night Mist wrote:
    WABOOO!!!

Success!

NightMist

SUPER!!!!!!! Enjoy it's being yours!
    We bought a home in Feb, couldn't move in until May. But it's ours and we can hang all the Family pixs we want!
    Butterfly

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gamermire@yahoo.com@21:1/5 to Night Mist on Fri Dec 1 15:16:19 2017
    On Monday, November 27, 2017 at 9:05:33 AM UTC-7, Night Mist wrote:
    We close this Friday.

NightMist

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gingerwcgc@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Night Mist on Sat Dec 2 07:03:50 2017
    yeah!
    Wishing you many years of happiness in your new home.

Ginger in CA
    [email to respond if gaw93031@msn.com]

On Friday, 1 December 2017 14:06:44 UTC-8, Night Mist wrote:
    WABOOO!!!

Success!

NightMist

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From deeinoz2@yahoo.com@21:1/5 to Night Mist on Wed Dec 27 20:28:30 2017
    On Saturday, 2 December 2017 09:06:44 UTC+11, Night Mist wrote:
    WABOOO!!!

Success!

NightMist

I havent checked in for a while but want to say I have very happy for you.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From whatnot2love@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jan 12 08:23:13 2018
    Congratulations!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05