• Replace quilt top

From erfloeser@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Nov 2 08:38:31 2019
    Hi all, I'm new to quilting and have finished a quilt top to replace the fraying one one a quilt that I've had ages. I was wondering if it's possible/ how could I just put the new top over the old one? Thanks!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Nann@21:1/5 to erfl...@gmail.com on Sun Nov 3 03:30:58 2019
    Yes, you could do that -- there are examples of antique quilts where one quilt is used as the "batting" for another. But I would not advise that for a new quilt for several reasons -- you will be adding the weight of the new top and the new backing to
    the existing quilt; it will be tough to stitch through the new top + old quilt + new backing; it will be even tougher to attach and sew down the binding.

Invest in the batting and make the new quilt. Fold the old quilt so that the nicest parts show and put it on display.

You will be happier.

On Saturday, November 2, 2019 at 10:38:33 AM UTC-5, erfl...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hi all, I'm new to quilting and have finished a quilt top to replace the fraying one one a quilt that I've had ages. I was wondering if it's possible/ how could I just put the new top over the old one? Thanks!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)