• The Tea Time Quilt

From sandydollar2015@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Nov 2 08:47:56 2018
    You can see a picture of this quilt if you go to www.Jordanfabrics.com open it, go to video and tutorials at top of page and open that, and scroll down to tea time quilt where you can watch a video of this quilt. There use to be a free pattern you
    could down load but now only gives the picture on their pdf download. It does require the tube acrylic ruler which is triangle shaped and they sell it on Jordan Fabrics.
    I did not buy a jelly rolls to make this quilt but did use a lot of extra left over pieces of batiks which I cut into 2 1/2 inch x 41/42 inch long. Next I sewed 5 different strips together lengthwise, pressed these and then put both sides facing
    then sewed together making a tube, now is the time I used my tube ruler. Start at the side that is sewn together making a tube, put the ruler right on the stitching line at 7" and cut both sides, then turn the ruler on the fold line and cut another 7"
    one. You should get 7 blocks from each tube. You end up with two different 7 inch square blocks. Try to end up with the same number of each of the two blocks. Make as many blocks as you need to make the size quilt you need. Now I put together 2 blocks
    of each kind until it makes the pattern shown on the video. Then I sew these into a 4 block larger square, then into rows. Then I added a 2 1/2 inch inner border and a 5 1/2 inch outer border. Don't forget to cut your binding to match outer border.
    This makes a great quilt to use left over material which I always have because I always buy more material than needed in case I make cutting errors.
    Sandy$ Enjoy

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)