• Help: Removing Elderberry Residue

From 2kiwolfe@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Sep 18 10:43:10 2016
    I used plain olive oil and a scratcher pad...came off effortlessly.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From mccannellaurie@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 21 03:53:53 2018
    I tried several approaches with no good result, so I thought the sticky green stuff might be oil based (it floats). I rubbed everything down with vegetable oil, then I washed it all away with warm water & dish soap. I think the residue comes from the
    berry skins so now I avoid pulverizing the berries.

On Tuesday, 24 September 1996 03:00:00 UTC-4, Donald & Melissa Hellen wrote:
    I just racked my elderberry wine into secondary containers and now I need to remove the sticky green stuff from the primary and the fruit bags. This stuff
    seems to come from the pulp and seeds, not the extracted juice. Some of it has
    stuck to the top inner wall of the primary and here and there on the bags. TSP
    substitute does not seem to remove it. Detergent (used on my hands to remove it
    from them) hardly works at all. For now, I am soaking it and the bags with a strong solution of chlorine and TSP substitute (it is no longer sold around here.) This should keep it from drying out until I figure out what to do.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, what did you do about it? Any suggestions will be deeply appreciated.

Please respond via email (you may post also if you like, but I might not read the post. I will read my email.)

Donald Hellen

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From j.mitchener5172@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 18 11:45:44 2020
    Yes, I also experienced the same issue. It is like glue.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Georgina Beers@21:1/5 to All on Sat Aug 20 16:13:26 2022
    Cooking oil and scrubbing pad. I have done it for years.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05