• Shoulder pain while stitching

From purplesue.haley59@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 22 08:21:15 2020
    I'm having this problem with my left arm the top muscle from my shoulder is swelling up and ive had a sore shoulder to

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Crafty@21:1/5 to All on Wed Feb 8 22:00:46 2023
    I'm having this problem with my left arm the top muscle from my shoulder is swelling up and ive had a sore shoulder to

Shoulder pain while stitching can be caused by several factors such as poor posture, repetitive motion, and tension. Here are some steps you can take to alleviate shoulder pain while stitching:

1. Posture: Make sure to sit up straight and keep your shoulders relaxed. Your stitching surface should be at a comfortable height, with your arms resting comfortably on the surface.
    2. Take breaks: Stitching for extended periods can lead to fatigue and strain. Take regular breaks to stretch and move around.
    3. Use ergonomic tools: Use an ergonomically designed needle, thimble, and light to reduce the strain on your hand and wrist.
    4. Stretch: Before and after stitching, do some gentle stretching exercises to help release tension in your shoulders.
    5. Heat therapy: Apply a heating pad or warm towel to the affected area to help reduce pain and swelling.
    6. Massage: Gently massage the affected area to help increase blood flow and relieve pain.
    7. Consult a doctor: If your shoulder pain persists, consider seeing a doctor or physical therapist for a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.

Remember, it's important to take care of yourself and your body. Stitching should be a relaxing and enjoyable activity, not a source of pain and discomfort.

--
    For full context, visit https://www.inspirepoint.com/needlework/shoulder-pain-while-stitching-656001-.htm

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)