• Looking for outerwear sewing kits

From aviandoc@hotmail.com@21:1/5 to Murray Cameron on Sat Feb 17 14:16:44 2018
    On Saturday, September 14, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Murray Cameron wrote:
    Hi,

I'm new to the internet (my husband finally talked me into checking out the sewing newsgroups ....). There used to be a company in Brockville (Canada) which sold outerwear sewing kits - these were excellent quality kits that have
    really withstood wear by my two boys and husband (down vests, fleece sweaters and rain jackets). Unfortunately the company (Naturebound) went out of business
    a couple years back.

I did do a search of the WWW and I found Frostline Kits and Textile Outfitters,
    unfortunately BOTH of their URL's weren't located by my browser ......

Does anyone know of any other companies that produce outerwear sewing kits? I'd
    really appreciate hearing from you.

Susan

You are talking about Nature Bound. They were originally in Etobicoke, ON and then moved to Brockville. I do not know what happened to them but would love to find a company similar as I still have some of the product that I made ove 25 years ago. Bea

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From aviandoc@hotmail.com@21:1/5 to Murray Cameron on Sat Feb 17 14:21:47 2018
    On Saturday, September 14, 1996 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Murray Cameron wrote:
    Hi,

I'm new to the internet (my husband finally talked me into checking out the sewing newsgroups ....). There used to be a company in Brockville (Canada) which sold outerwear sewing kits - these were excellent quality kits that have
    really withstood wear by my two boys and husband (down vests, fleece sweaters and rain jackets). Unfortunately the company (Naturebound) went out of business
    a couple years back.

I did do a search of the WWW and I found Frostline Kits and Textile Outfitters,
    unfortunately BOTH of their URL's weren't located by my browser ......

Does anyone know of any other companies that produce outerwear sewing kits? I'd
    really appreciate hearing from you.

Susan

FrostLine Kits were founded in the 60's in Boulder Colorado. The founder died in the mid 2012. No one took over the company.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)