• Problem with the E6000 trying to cast on for 1 X 1 ribbing.

From smoqui@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jan 3 13:38:34 2017
    I have tried unsuccessfully several times to cast on and knit the 1
    x 1 ribbing for a sweater, which I propose to remove from the machine after the waist band and complete the shaping and patterns, etc. by hand.

Trying Cast on 1, which indicates in the manual that it is for 1 x 1 ribbing, I cannot get past one or two rows before everything jams up. The lock feeds yarn only to the back bed, so that I end up with two or three rows of yarn placed into the back bed
    needles, but they are not being knit, and no yarn is fed to the front bed at all. Using the machine in just a supposedly simple set up with pushers for front bed every other needle, and appropriate front bed pushers, and every other needle on rear bed,
    no pushers, I can get it to work in "N" front lock setting, but will not work in "LX" setting front and "N" back as suggested in knitting method 101. On the first row, I get the desired zig zag feed of yarn for both beds using just "N" on front and back
    locks, but jams quickly after that so I have never been able to get this to work. Have tried lighter and heavier yarns, but for some reason it just doesn't want to do this most basic stitch.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I may be doing wrong? I would love to get this tubular cast on and about 20-30 rows of 1 x 1 ribbing done, but making no progress whatsoever.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)