• Passap E6000 too complicated?

From smoqui@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Terence French on Tue Jan 3 13:29:01 2017
    On Monday, February 14, 2000 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Terence French wrote:
    I've been told that it is quicker to knit on a Passap DM 80 without a motor than on a E6000 with a 3000A because of the complexity of the E6000- is that true?

Terence

I have both a DM80 and an E6000. I do not use the machines extensively so far, but I can tell you that the lock settings are somewhat different between the two machines, and if you get used to one, you will be rather confused trying to switch to the
    other. Most of the problems I have had were because of not having suitable yarn to use available locally. The machines are both quite capable of making great fabric, and very interesting textured and colored patterns, but there is a fairly high learning
    curve. I have a training manual for the E6000 which purports to teach you how to use the machine in 10 lessons. (LOL) It has been my experience that what the book says occasionally differs from what you can actually expect the machine to do. It is
    obviously possible to get the machine to do some beautiful work, but it also comes complete with a boat load of aggravation. The E6000 is fairly straight forward, but expect to devote a lot of time trying swatches using the various techniques. A finished
    product may be a ways down the road.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)