• Stampin Up Products now worth $0

From carmenemarie@gmail.com@21:1/5 to demimondaine on Tue Nov 10 15:56:18 2015
    There is a Right to Sale law of some sort....once you purchase and item it is YOURS and you can do with it what you want....that is the Class Action Lawsuit that should apply. I have been busy with family issues; however, once I have a moment to
    breathe, I will be contacting an attorney as they are the professionals who can file a class action. From all I have been reading, it should be easy enough to get people to jump on board. I was notified and fired by SU that I NEED TO CONTROL WHAT MY
    CUSTOMERS DO AND NOT ALLOW THEM TO RESALE ON EBAY. That is in writing from SU and downright illegal. When I have a minute, I will definitely take the time to deal with SU demanding I break the law and tell people what to do with merchandise they have
    purchased.

On Monday, May 14, 2001 at 9:06:38 AM UTC-7, demimondaine wrote:
    I haven't posted in this group before. I LIKE rubber stamping, but I'm actually a flea market stand owner with broad interests. However, I wanted to bring a recent development in rubber stamping to your attention.

In the past week, about 2 dozen resellers had our ebay auctions pulled by Stampin Up for reselling their products. We are considering a class-action suit to recover lost monies, of course. And of course, we're unhappy about it.

--------If you have been affected by Stampin' Up's action to remove auctions on ebay, Yahoo or other internet auction sites, and have had your own
    Stampin Up auctions removed, please email me for information on joining the class-action lawsuit. (remove the nospam filter from my email address first)----------

A main development is that Stampin Up products will soon have $0 value if Stampin' Up continues to work to make it impossible to resell their
    products. I won't touch them right now, neither will the other affected
    ebay sellers, and the word will gradually spread. (and yes, Im helping it to do so, in support of our affected group of auction users.) Until
    Stampin' Up reconsiders, or the class-action suit progresses and is settled, Stampin Up stamps will decrease in collectible value and worth.

As avid stampers, you may have an interest in collecting, trading or reselling your stamps as well as crafting with them. Do you have thoughts about Stampin' Up's actions, one way or the other? Do you use internet auctions to sell your used stamps you're done with?

You may also voice your opinions and concerns to 1-800 STAMP UP or to referrals@stampinup.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From nettleok@yahoo.co.uk@21:1/5 to All on Sun Nov 10 11:47:49 2019
    Demonstrators cannot sell products that are still current in the catalogue but once they are discontinued they are allowed to sell the Stampin up products

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From nettleok@yahoo.co.uk@21:1/5 to All on Sun Nov 10 11:45:15 2019
    Stampin up do you have a policy to say you cannot sell cards using a Stampin up products unless you stamp their logo this is to protect their products. They also do not allow stamping demonstrators to sell products that are live in their catalogues until
    they are discontinued. Recently Stampin up has put their foot down about some products that have been copied and I’ll being sold on eBay as if they are Stampin up , They look like a Stampin up but they are a cheaper version as many do not comply with
    the quality controls , The polycarbonate clear stamps and dies

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05