• Re: deburring inside drilled tubing?

From Chris Meisel@21:1/5 to Wayne Lundberg on Mon Jan 24 09:53:54 2022
    On Tuesday, February 1, 2005 at 2:07:00 PM UTC-5, Wayne Lundberg wrote:
    "Dave @hotmail.com>" <lostcause3283<REMOVE> wrote in message news:Xns95EA5CAFE...@216.168.3.50...
    "Wild Bill" <kwa...@Xusachoice.net> wrote in
    news:41f7074d$1...@127.0.0.1:
    You make me think of the honing tools used to polish brake cylinders in the good old days... Must try!
    Way

What about step drilling the hole ? Drill the hole to a smaller size then drill to size. One drill ( step drill ) I have done it many times . It leaves less or even no burr .( definitely no hanging burr )

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Shawn Olsen@21:1/5 to Wayne Lundberg on Mon Sep 25 14:33:51 2023
    On Saturday, January 22, 2005 at 12:51:46 PM UTC-6, Wayne Lundberg wrote:
    Back when I was a practicing Mfg. Eng. at Solar Turbines I did extensive research into deburring the inside hole made in tubing. I failed to find anything really earth-shaking.
    I'm faced with the problem again in advising a client of mine on how to deburr the 15 holes he is drilling in 1" od aluminum tubing to create his telescopic affair for his cargo net for pickup trucks. He bought a neat deburring tool from McMaster, on my recommendation, and is using it quite well, but his hand and wrist gets tired after about the 100th hole. He does not want to follow the logical step in taking the work to Mexico or China.
    He wants his product to be made in the USA.
    Any burr left on the inside of the tube screws up the easy telescoping movement and scratches the inner tube as well.
    Anybody have any proven success with this kind of problem?
    I told him this is one reason so many manufacturers have gone to Mexico or China because deburring is really one of those pesky problems requiring
    human hands. Of course he could do the work on a CNC machine and maybe we could find a shop to do it but the cost is going to be enormous when he is only dealing with a thousand holes a month. Now.
    Wayne

Can you pump abrasive slurry through it?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)