• My tribute to Keith Rowley

From ahornblow@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Feb 9 03:45:18 2020
    I’m just picking all this up again after a couple of decades of not doing any turning. I’ve bought his book and am steadily reading through it - I’m already feeling far happier and more knowledgeable about how to get stuck in again.
    What a sad thing to find out he’s no longer with us. Quite clearly a gentleman and a loss to the community. Much respect to who was very obviously a talented man.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From graham@21:1/5 to ahornblow@gmail.com on Mon Feb 10 14:40:06 2020
    On 2020-02-09 4:45 a.m., ahornblow@gmail.com wrote:
    I’m just picking all this up again after a couple of decades of not doing any turning. I’ve bought his book and am steadily reading through it - I’m already feeling far happier and more knowledgeable about how to get stuck in again.
    What a sad thing to find out he’s no longer with us. Quite clearly a gentleman and a loss to the community. Much respect to who was very obviously a talented man.

Some years ago I had a nice chat with him about pricing work after he
    had demonstrated making a pomander with a barley-twist stem. He made it
    look so easy in the demo.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Lajos Kiss@21:1/5 to All on Sun May 15 14:07:31 2022
    "Trees are surely amoong the best chosen gifts of nature to man.
    From rain and from the scorching sun they afford shelter, whilst from the pressure of the blast they protect our homes and gardens.

They provide the matchstick from which we procure a light and the log that blazes in the grate. They give us the door by which we enter our dwelling, the beam and rafter that support our roof, the floor on which we tread.

For our meals they give us the table, for our rest the bed. For our house-hold and farm tools the handle, for our travel the boat; for our evening smoke the pipe, for our worship the chuch pew.

At life's beginning they present us with the cradle, at our journey's end the coffin.

Music is in their leaves, nourishment in their fruits. Whether in vast forests, in woodlands, in stately avenues, in parks and gardens, or standing in solitary grace, they furnish almost a third part of the whole world's beauty."

I got his book a few days ago. Wanted to find him. We cant talk now but one way or another we will meet him. Take care all of you.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05