• Rookie woodturner

From hatchback357@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Mar 25 15:23:06 2018
    Stumbled upon this group researching lathes, how to do it and safety risks involved. Figured I’d see if anyone is around the Dallas area and wouldn’t mind letting me come over and watch and ask questions about turning. I have zero experience and a
    ton of questions. I also have a garage full of cedar cutoffs of all sizes and shapes. Just figured I could turn them into something besides air fresheners for my garage. Either way send any info or invites to me at hatchback357@yahoo.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Dr. Deb@21:1/5 to All on Mon Mar 26 05:22:18 2018
    On Sunday, March 25, 2018 at 5:23:07 PM UTC-5,
    Stumbled upon this group researching lathes, how to do it and safety risks involved. Figured I’d see if anyone is around the Dallas area and wouldn’t mind letting me come over and watch and ask questions about turning. I have zero experience and a
    ton of questions. I also have a garage full of cedar cutoffs of all sizes and shapes. Just figured I could turn them into something besides air fresheners for my garage. Either way send any info or invites to me at

I know exactly how you feel. When I started I knew nothing about turning (I had no idea what a gouge was for and used a scraper for my first several items). After awhile, I stumbled across someone named Richard Raffan and got a VCR of him doing
    instructional videos. That got me started.

You, on the other hand, have an excellent woodturning group there in the Dallas area,
    http://dallaswoodturners.com/

Attend a meeting and you will find all the help you can handle. I know I did when I started attending the group that meets in Birmingham.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From hatchback357@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Mar 26 16:24:15 2018
    Appreciate the info boss

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05