• Texture for 30 and 45 degree wall needed? Paint before drilling t-nut h

From kopelsrf@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed May 20 09:23:24 2020
    Hello! I don't know how old this whole chain is but I have a question. We'll see if people are still around and responding...

I have a 30 degree, a 45 degree and a ceiling in my poorly lit basement. What I'm gathering here, is that painting the wall with texture is pretty unnecessary. I am going to paint to brighten the space as much as I can.

Is there any issue with painting before drilling T-nut holes (other than where to put all the sheets)? Also... has everyone come to the conclusion that it's not really necessary to have friction on overhang 30 degrees and up? Because that would save some
    time and effort for sureeee.

Thanks! First time responding to one of these threads. Google search, see if I get answers this way!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From My Good Sir@21:1/5 to kope...@gmail.com on Sat Jul 25 13:06:08 2020
    On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 12:23:26 PM UTC-4, kope...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hello! I don't know how old this whole chain is but I have a question. We'll see if people are still around and responding...

I have a 30 degree, a 45 degree and a ceiling in my poorly lit basement. What I'm gathering here, is that painting the wall with texture is pretty unnecessary. I am going to paint to brighten the space as much as I can.

Is there any issue with painting before drilling T-nut holes (other than where to put all the sheets)? Also... has everyone come to the conclusion that it's not really necessary to have friction on overhang 30 degrees and up? Because that would save
    some time and effort for sureeee.

Thanks! First time responding to one of these threads. Google search, see if I get answers this way!
    IMO, you never want texture unless smearing is absolutely necessary. Texture is damaging to shoes anyway, and wears off quickly. People don't usually paint without texture because plywood has texture, which standard paint will circumvent. Don't paint.
    Plywood is light colored anyway. Add more lighting if you want it brighter. Tony

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)