• Boat Sank... Insurance Co. won't pay ... Your opinion?

From mitchwitt815@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Steven Shelikoff on Thu Feb 18 14:23:37 2016
    On Thursday, August 19, 1999 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Steven Shelikoff wrote:
    The guy I bought my boat from had Allstate insurance. We were towing
    his dingy when the painter snapped and we lost the dingy. Allstate
    bought him a new one.

Steve

--
    / / /
    \ \ \ mailto:shelikoff@averstar.com
    / / /

Most experienced cruisers and charter captains know, Always have two lines on a tender when towing.
    you would be surprised how many tenders are lost simply because the knot on a single two line slipped through or came untied from a cleat. Use two tow lines always. And, always, I mean always lock your dingy everywhere you go. Lock the motor to the
    tender and lock the tender an the motor to the dock with a stout cable or chain. This is cruising 101 in Florida and the Caribbean. Good Luck, Mitch

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From thudbranch@21:1/5 to SAIL LOCO on Thu Feb 18 18:37:54 2016
    On Thursday, August 19, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, SAIL LOCO wrote:
    Typical insurance company. Everything is fine as long as the money is flowing
    in their direction. Most surveyors have a clause in their surveys that state that they are not responsible for unseen items so forget that idea. Your insurance co. should pay on this one. I would call your state insurance commissioner first then get a lawyer.
    "Trains are a winter sport"

I concur completely with the above advice. The one time I had an insurance company problem, I went to the state insurance commission and the insurance company immediately backed down even before I hired a lawyer...

Go Get Em!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)