• Re: Dick Cheney says he's 'deeply disappointed' with GOP leadership

From John H@21:1/5 to waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com on Thu Jan 6 19:57:57 2022
    On Thu, 6 Jan 2022 16:35:43 -0800 (PST),
    "waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:

Former Vice President under George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, speaks out about the current state of affairs. Cheney, never known as a bastion of liberal thought, has some harsh words that are right on point.

https://news.yahoo.com/dick-cheney-says-hes-deeply-172531424.html

---------------------------------------
    The former vice president told ABC News the Jan. 6 anniversary is an "important historical event," and "you can't overestimate how important it is." Cheney added, "I'm deeply disappointed we don't have better leadership in the Republican Party to
    restore the Constitution." He also said the Republican Party's leadership is "not a leadership that resembles any of the folks I knew when I was here for ten years."
    -----------------------------------------

Biden's speech did so much to bring this country together, eh Wayne?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From wayne.beardsley@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jan 6 16:35:43 2022
    Former Vice President under George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, speaks out about the current state of affairs. Cheney, never known as a bastion of liberal thought, has some harsh words that are right on point.

The former vice president told ABC News the Jan. 6 anniversary is an "important historical event," and "you can't overestimate how important it is." Cheney added, "I'm deeply disappointed we don't have better leadership in the Republican Party to restore
    the Constitution." He also said the Republican Party's leadership is "not a leadership that resembles any of the folks I knew when I was here for ten years."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From wayne.beardsley@gmail.com@21:1/5 to John H on Thu Jan 6 22:11:56 2022
    On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 7:57:59 PM UTC-5, John H wrote:
    "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> wrote:

The former vice president told ABC News the Jan. 6 anniversary is an "important historical event," and "you can't overestimate how important it is." Cheney added, "I'm deeply disappointed we don't have better leadership in the Republican Party to
    restore the Constitution." He also said the Republican Party's leadership is "not a leadership that resembles any of the folks I knew when I was here for ten years."

===

Biden gave a good speech but the true MAGA believers will not be easily swayed. They are delusional and in denial of course. How do you feel about Dick Cheney?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bill@21:1/5 to waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com on Fri Jan 7 06:39:57 2022
    waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:

Former Vice President under George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, speaks out
    about the current state of affairs. Cheney, never known as a bastion of
    liberal thought, has some harsh words that are right on point.

The former vice president told ABC News the Jan. 6 anniversary is an
    "important historical event," and "you can't overestimate how important
    it is." Cheney added, "I'm deeply disappointed we don't have better
    leadership in the Republican Party to restore the Constitution." He
    also said the Republican Party's leadership is "not a leadership that
    resembles any of the folks I knew when I was here for ten years."

==
    Biden gave a good speech but the true MAGA believers will not be easily swayed. They are delusional and in denial of course. How do you feel about Dick Cheney?

Seems as if Biden, still does not understand innocent until proven guilty.
    Was an extremely nasty speech. Since the gloves are off, I would like the
    the Republicans call for impeachment over Hunter and Joe’s previous
    actions, also call for impeachment of any Democrat that was urging on
    rioters at all those other riots like Minneapolis, etc. I did not vote
    for Trump, but as a POTUS, other than being an egotistical arsehole, he did
    the best job in 40 years.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From justan@21:1/5 to Bill on Fri Jan 7 08:33:03 2022
    Bill <califbill9998remove8@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:> On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 7:57:59 PM UTC-5, John H wrote:>> On Thu, 6 Jan 2022 16:35:43 -0800 (PST), >> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> wrote: >> >>> Former
    Vice President under George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, speaks out>>> about the current state of affairs. Cheney, never known as a bastion of>>> liberal thought, has some harsh words that are right on point. >>> >>> https://news.yahoo.com/dick-cheney-says-hes-
    deeply-172531424.html >>> >>> --------------------------------------- >>> The former vice president told ABC News the Jan. 6 anniversary is an>>> "important historical event," and "you can't overestimate how important>>> it is." Cheney added, "I'm deeply
    disappointed we don't have better>>> leadership in the Republican Party to restore the Constitution." He>>> also said the Republican Party's leadership is "not a leadership that>>> resembles any of the folks I knew when I was here for ten years." >>> ----
    ------------------------------------->> Biden's speech did so much to bring this country together, eh Wayne?> > ==> Biden gave a good speech but the true MAGA believers will not be easily> swayed. They are delusional and in denial of course. How do
    you feel about Dick Cheney?> Seems as if Biden, still does not understand innocent until proven guilty. Was an extremely nasty speech. Since the gloves are off, I would like thethe Republicans call for impeachment over Hunter and Joe?s previousactions,
    also call for impeachment of any Democrat that was urging onrioters at all those other riots like Minneapolis, etc. I did not votefor Trump, but as a POTUS, other than being an egotistical arsehole, he didthe best job in 40 years.

--
    Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet?

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From justan@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jan 7 08:30:47 2022
    "waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com>
    Wrote in message:r
    On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 7:57:59 PM UTC-5, John H wrote:> On Thu, 6 Jan 2022 16:35:43 -0800 (PST), > "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> wrote: > > >Former Vice President under George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, speaks out about the
    current state of affairs. Cheney, never known as a bastion of liberal thought, has some harsh words that are right on point. > > > >https://news.yahoo.com/dick-cheney-says-hes-deeply-172531424.html > > > >--------------------------------------- > >The
    former vice president told ABC News the Jan. 6 anniversary is an "important historical event," and "you can't overestimate how important it is." Cheney added, "I'm deeply disappointed we don't have better leadership in the Republican Party to restore the
    Constitution." He also said the Republican Party's leadership is "not a leadership that resembles any of the folks I knew when I was here for ten years." > >-----------------------------------------> Biden's speech did so much to bring this country
    together, eh Wayne?===Biden gave a good speech but the true MAGA believers will not be easily swayed. They are delusional and in denial of course. How do you feel about Dick Cheney?
    Swayed by Biden? C'mon Wayne.
    Cheeny'd sooner shoot you in the back as look at you and tell the
    truth. :-)
    --

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From justan@21:1/5 to Bill on Fri Jan 7 08:36:05 2022
    waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:> On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 7:57:59 PM UTC-5, John H wrote:>> On Thu, 6 Jan 2022 16:35:43 -0800 (PST), >> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> wrote: >> >>> Former
    Vice President under George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, speaks out>>> about the current state of affairs. Cheney, never known as a bastion of>>> liberal thought, has some harsh words that are right on point. >>> >>> https://news.yahoo.com/dick-cheney-says-hes-
    deeply-172531424.html >>> >>> --------------------------------------- >>> The former vice president told ABC News the Jan. 6 anniversary is an>>> "important historical event," and "you can't overestimate how important>>> it is." Cheney added, "I'm deeply
    disappointed we don't have better>>> leadership in the Republican Party to restore the Constitution." He>>> also said the Republican Party's leadership is "not a leadership that>>> resembles any of the folks I knew when I was here for ten years." >>> ----
    ------------------------------------->> Biden's speech did so much to bring this country together, eh Wayne?> > ==> Biden gave a good speech but the true MAGA believers will not be easily> swayed. They are delusional and in denial of course. How do
    you feel about Dick Cheney?> Seems as if Biden, still does not understand innocent until proven guilty. Was an extremely nasty speech. Since the gloves are off, I would like thethe Republicans call for impeachment over Hunter and Joe?s previousactions,
    also call for impeachment of any Democrat that was urging onrioters at all those other riots like Minneapolis, etc. I did not votefor Trump, but as a POTUS, other than being an egotistical arsehole, he didthe best job in 40 years.

I'm in your corner, Bill. I did vote for Trump. There was no other
    alternative. No one in their right mind would vote for Clinton.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gfretwell@aol.com@21:1/5 to waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com on Fri Jan 7 15:19:57 2022

Cheney has been mad at Trump since he stopped the Cheney/Wolfowitz
    wars and made them look bad. It is no surprise he is piling on now.
    All of the neocons lined up against Trump right away. They wanted
    another war mongering guy like McCain, realized in J Bush or Rubio. Unfortunately for them none of those guys got any traction among the
    majority who wanted something different for a change.

It was just more "different" than we were ready for.

It is probably the only shining star in Trumps otherwise corroded
    crown other than challenging administrative regulations written by un
    elected bureaucrats with the force of law.
    Unfortunately Biden wiped that away with a stroke of his pen.

OTOH I voted for Jo Jo. (not Joe)
    In retrospect, could she have been any worse?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gfretwell@aol.com@21:1/5 to waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com on Fri Jan 7 15:24:17 2022
    On Thu, 6 Jan 2022 22:11:56 -0800 (PST),

===

Biden gave a good speech but the true MAGA believers will not be easily swayed. They are delusional and in denial of course.

Biden gave a preview of his 2024 stump speech, no more no less.

How do you feel about Dick Cheney?

I think he is a miserable SOB who cost the lives of thousands of GIs
    and maybe a half million brown people, for nothing, just like all the
    democrats did until he started saying bad things about Trump.
    Too bad Rumsfeld died before he could be rehabilitated into an
    American hero.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From wayne.beardsley@gmail.com@21:1/5 to gfre...@aol.com on Fri Jan 7 14:30:36 2022
    On Friday, January 7, 2022 at 3:24:23 PM UTC-5, gfre...@aol.com wrote:

===

Biden gave a good speech but the true MAGA believers will not be easily swayed. They are delusional and in denial of course.
    and maybe a half million brown people, for nothing, just like all the democrats did until he started saying bad things about Trump.
    American hero.

===

and maybe a half million brown people, for nothing

It's worse than that. Between Cheney and Rumsfeld giving Bush bad advice, they ended up destabilizing the entire Middle East. The effects of that will not be over in our lifetime, and possibly not even in the lifetime of our children.

Unrelated, we were once in St Michael's, MD docked next to Rumsfeld's boat. It was a nothing special center console outboard.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gfretwell@aol.com@21:1/5 to waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com on Fri Jan 7 20:44:13 2022
    On Fri, 7 Jan 2022 14:30:36 -0800 (PST),

===

American hero.

===

It's worse than that. Between Cheney and Rumsfeld giving Bush bad advice, they ended up destabilizing the entire Middle East. The effects of that will not be over in our lifetime, and possibly not even in the lifetime of our children.

Yet now he is the great American hero because he speaks poorly of the
    guy who stopped his war. Amazing.

Unrelated, we were once in St Michael's, MD docked next to Rumsfeld's boat. It was a nothing special center console outboard.

Obviously not a serious boater.
    So many countries to invade so little time.
    ;-)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alex@21:1/5 to waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com on Fri Jan 7 20:26:36 2022
    waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com wrote:

===

He's supporting his RINO daughter, of course.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mr. Luddite@21:1/5 to waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com on Sat Jan 8 06:29:17 2022
    On 1/7/2022 5:30 PM, waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com wrote:

===

American hero.

===

I never had any respect for Cheney or Rumsfeld. Both were arrogant SOBs
    during their times in office. Can't make up my mind which one was worse.

--
    This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
    https://www.avg.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bill@21:1/5 to Mr. Luddite on Sat Jan 8 17:36:55 2022
    Mr. Luddite <nothere@noland.com> wrote:
    On 1/7/2022 5:30 PM, waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com wrote:

Former Vice President under George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, speaks out >>>>>> about the current state of affairs. Cheney, never known as a bastion >>>>>> of liberal thought, has some harsh words that are right on point.

The former vice president told ABC News the Jan. 6 anniversary is an >>>>>> "important historical event," and "you can't overestimate how
    important it is." Cheney added, "I'm deeply disappointed we don't
    have better leadership in the Republican Party to restore the
    Constitution." He also said the Republican Party's leadership is
    "not a leadership that resembles any of the folks I knew when I was >>>>>> here for ten years."

===

Biden gave a good speech but the true MAGA believers will not be
    easily swayed. They are delusional and in denial of course.
    American hero.

===

It's worse than that. Between Cheney and Rumsfeld giving Bush bad
    advice, they ended up destabilizing the entire Middle East. The effects
    of that will not be over in our lifetime, and possibly not even in the
    lifetime of our children.

Unrelated, we were once in St Michael's, MD docked next to Rumsfeld's
    boat. It was a nothing special center console outboard.

I never had any respect for Cheney or Rumsfeld. Both were arrogant SOBs during their times in office. Can't make up my mind which one was worse.

I think Cheny. He manipulated Bush in to war. Problem with some
    Presidents. They are not real leaders and are led. Bush2 was led, Biden
    is led.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From justan@21:1/5 to Bill on Sat Jan 8 13:53:30 2022
    Mr. Luddite <nothere@noland.com> wrote:> On 1/7/2022 5:30 PM, waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com wrote:>> On Friday, January 7, 2022 at 3:24:23 PM UTC-5, gfre...@aol.com wrote:>>> On Thu, 6 Jan 2022 22:11:56 -0800 (PST),>>> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <
    wayne.b...@gmail.com> wrote:>>> >>>> On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 7:57:59 PM UTC-5, John H wrote:>>>>> On Thu, 6 Jan 2022 16:35:43 -0800 (PST),>>>>> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> wrote:>>>>> >>>>>> Former Vice President under
    George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, speaks out>>>>>> about the current state of affairs. Cheney, never known as a bastion>>>>>> of liberal thought, has some harsh words that are right on point.>>>>>> >>>>>> https://news.yahoo.com/dick-cheney-says-hes-deeply-
    172531424.html>>>>>> >>>>>> --------------------------------------->>>>>> The former vice president told ABC News the Jan. 6 anniversary is an>>>>>> "important historical event," and "you can't overestimate how>>>>>> important it is." Cheney added, "I'm
    deeply disappointed we don't>>>>>> have better leadership in the Republican Party to restore the>>>>>> Constitution." He also said the Republican Party's leadership is>>>>>> "not a leadership that resembles any of the folks I knew when I was>>>>>> here
    for ten years.">>>>>> ----------------------------------------->>>>> Biden's speech did so much to bring this country together, eh Wayne?>>>> >>>> ===>>>> >>>> Biden gave a good speech but the true MAGA believers will not be>>>> easily swayed. They are
    delusional and in denial of course.>>> Biden gave a preview of his 2024 stump speech, no more no less.>>>> How do you feel about Dick Cheney?>>> I think he is a miserable SOB who cost the lives of thousands of GIs>>> and maybe a half million brown people,
    for nothing, just like all the>>> democrats did until he started saying bad things about Trump.>>> Too bad Rumsfeld died before he could be rehabilitated into an>>> American hero.>> >> ===>> >>>> How do you feel about Dick Cheney?>>> I think he is a
    miserable SOB who cost the lives of thousands of GIs>>> and maybe a half million brown people, for nothing>> >> It's worse than that. Between Cheney and Rumsfeld giving Bush bad>> advice, they ended up destabilizing the entire Middle East. The effects>>
    of that will not be over in our lifetime, and possibly not even in the>> lifetime of our children.>> >> Unrelated, we were once in St Michael's, MD docked next to Rumsfeld's>> boat. It was a nothing special center console outboard.> > > I never had any
    respect for Cheney or Rumsfeld. Both were arrogant SOBs > during their times in office. Can't make up my mind which one was worse.> > > I think Cheny. He manipulated Bush in to war. Problem with somePresidents. They are not real leaders and are led.
    Bush2 was led, Bidenis led.

Biden doesn't always follow orders. See my other recent post.:-)
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John H@21:1/5 to waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com on Sun Jan 9 06:54:40 2022

===

I have no problems with Dick Cheney. Now, will you answer Bill's
    questions?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From True North@21:1/5 to John H on Sun Jan 9 06:05:51 2022
    On Sunday, 9 January 2022 at 07:54:41 UTC-4, John H wrote:

===

I have no problems with Dick Cheney. Now, will you answer Bill's
    questions?

You're highly amusing Johnny.
    Your commanding and demanding days are long gone. Wayne nor anyone else in here are your rank privates paid by Uncle Sam to indulge your every whim.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Tim@21:1/5 to Mr. Luddite on Mon Jan 10 09:47:32 2022
    On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 5:29:23 AM UTC-6, Mr. Luddite wrote:
    On 1/7/2022 5:30 PM, waynebatr...@hotmail.com wrote:

https://news.yahoo.com/dick-cheney-says-hes-deeply-172531424.html >>>>>
    Biden's speech did so much to bring this country together, eh Wayne? >>>
    ===

American hero.

===

I never had any respect for Cheney or Rumsfeld. Both were arrogant SOBs during their times in office. Can't make up my mind which one was worse.

--
    This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
    https://www.avg.com
    Id go with Cheney on that one...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mr Robot@21:1/5 to John H on Wed Jan 12 16:39:10 2022
    On Thu, 06 Jan 2022 19:57:57 -0500, John H <jherring@cox.net> wrote:

Fuck you Little Johnny.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05