• My Mercruiser and the Ground...

From Louis Picone@21:1/5 to All on Mon Dec 12 16:24:46 2022
    Several times my Merc wouldn't turn over, so I asked a couple mechanics what the problem could be. They were both convinced that it was the Ground. They suggested that I disconnect the battery and the Ground to the engine and clean them well. It worked.
    The problem came up again and I spent the better part of last week trying to get it to turn over. Are Mercruisers known for a problem with the Ground and not turning over as a result? And if so, where would the problem be besides the Ground from the
    Battery to the Engine Block?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From justan@21:1/5 to Louis Picone on Mon Dec 12 21:18:16 2022
    Louis Picone <louispicone@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    Several times my Merc wouldn't turn over, so I asked a couple mechanics what the problem could be. They were both convinced that it was the Ground. They suggested that I disconnect the battery and the Ground to the engine and clean them well. It worked.
    The problem came up again and I spent the better part of last week trying to get it to turn over. Are Mercruisers known for a problem with the Ground and not turning over as a result? And if so, where would the problem be besides the Ground from the
    Battery to the Engine Block?

Any faulty electrical connection in the path between keyswitch and
    starting motor and battery could cause the engine to " not turn
    over". Add to that, various electro mechanical components could
    be faulty and cause the condition you describe. Engine problems
    are not unique to Mercruiser. Based on your description my guess
    is you need a new starter. If you can provide more information,
    maybe we could provide better advice.
    --
    Vote the straight GOP ticket to save the USA and the world as we
    know it.

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)