• Gotta love the summer..

From True North@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 24 10:53:22 2022
    Just got back from the next street over where a block party is taking place. The city issues a permit for a street closure and provides traffic signs.
    Heard a Doobie Brothers song playing and it was so good I thought someone was blasting music from a stereo. Turns out it was a live band playing baby boomer music. This seemed odd because the vast majority of people were young parents with toddlers and
    pre schoolers playing various games.
    I wasn't complaining. Anyway, old farts like The John who prefer their music out of a banjo or juice harp need not apply.
    We have our block party Tuesday night but a live band will be a hard act to follow.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John H@21:1/5 to princecraft49@gmail.com on Sun Jul 24 15:13:56 2022
    On Sun, 24 Jul 2022 10:53:22 -0700 (PDT), True North
    <princecraft49@gmail.com> wrote:

Just got back from the next street over where a block party is taking place. >The city issues a permit for a street closure and provides traffic signs. >Heard a Doobie Brothers song playing and it was so good I thought someone was blasting music from a stereo. Turns out it was a live band playing baby boomer music. This seemed odd because the vast majority of people were young parents with toddlers and
    pre schoolers playing various games.
    I wasn't complaining. Anyway, old farts like The John who prefer their music out of a banjo or juice harp need not apply.
    We have our block party Tuesday night but a live band will be a hard act to follow.

I prefer my music from an orchestra.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)