• Some Encouraging Signs of GOP Sanity...

From wayne.beardsley@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Feb 13 21:35:18 2022
    ...But not as many as I'd like.

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan says he wants to go back to a sane GOP, not one that 'attacks people who don't swear 100% fealty to the Dear Leader'.

Republican Gov. Larry Hogan said on Sunday that he is still working to "reclaim the soul of the party."

Hogan was critical of the GOP for calling the Capitol riots "legitimate political discourse."

He told CNN he wants the party to go back to believing in "freedom and truth."

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican, told CNN's State of the Union on Sunday that he's concerned about the direction of the GOP and the country.

"I consider myself a common-sense conservative. I have been a lifelong Republican. I believe that that's where most people in America are. About 70% of the people in America are completely frustrated with politics on both sides, Republicans and Democrats,
    " Hogan said.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From True North@21:1/5 to waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com on Mon Feb 14 04:43:02 2022
    On Monday, 14 February 2022 at 01:35:19 UTC-4, waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com wrote:

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan says he wants to go back to a sane GOP, not one that 'attacks people who don't swear 100% fealty to the Dear Leader'.

Republican Gov. Larry Hogan said on Sunday that he is still working to "reclaim the soul of the party."

Hogan was critical of the GOP for calling the Capitol riots "legitimate political discourse."

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican, told CNN's State of the Union on Sunday that he's concerned about the direction of the GOP and the country.

"I consider myself a common-sense conservative. I have been a lifelong Republican. I believe that that's where most people in America are. About 70% of the people in America are completely frustrated with politics on both sides, Republicans and
    Democrats," Hogan said.

Trouble is that rabid base of supporters won't let common sense prevail.
    They are so full of hate and rancor that it would be hard to see change coming anytime soon.
    You just have to read the posts in here for confirmation.
    Anyway, that Hogan guy had better watch his back.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From justan@21:1/5 to All on Mon Feb 14 08:27:15 2022
    "waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com>
    Wrote in message:r
    ...But not as many as I'd like. Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan says he wants to go back to a sane GOP, not one that 'attacks people who don't swear 100% fealty to the Dear Leader'. Republican Gov. Larry Hogan said on Sunday that he is still working to "
    reclaim the soul of the party." Hogan was critical of the GOP for calling the Capitol riots "legitimate political discourse." He told CNN he wants the party to go back to believing in "freedom and truth."Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican,
    told CNN's State of the Union on Sunday that he's concerned about the direction of the GOP and the country."I consider myself a common-sense conservative. I have been a lifelong Republican. I believe that that's where most people in America are. About 70%
    of the people in America are completely frustrated with politics on both sides, Republicans and Democrats," Hogan said.

Somewhat factual. Although I don't think the vast majority of
    republicans ever gave up believing in "freedom and truth" Those
    are the major things that differentiate between repubs and
    dems.
    BTW, DJT did a mighty fine job as pres. You'll have to admit that.
    Nobody'd perfect.
    --
    Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet?

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John H@21:1/5 to waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com on Mon Feb 14 10:03:33 2022
    On Sun, 13 Feb 2022 21:35:18 -0800 (PST),
    "waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:

"I consider myself a common-sense conservative. I have been a lifelong Republican. I believe that that's where most people in America are. About 70% of the people in America are completely frustrated with politics on both sides, Republicans and
    Democrats," Hogan said.

That was a good interview, even though Trapper tried his best to make
    Hogan and the Republicans look bad.

"I mean there are certain things we want to stand up to President
    Biden. The inflation is out of control and we're talking about
    billions in more spending -- trillions of more spending," Hogan told
    CNN's Jake Tapper on "State of the Union."

Great line!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gfretwell@aol.com@21:1/5 to princecraft49@gmail.com on Mon Feb 14 14:42:10 2022
    On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 04:43:02 -0800 (PST), True North
    <princecraft49@gmail.com> wrote:

On Monday, 14 February 2022 at 01:35:19 UTC-4, waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com wrote:

Democrats," Hogan said.

Trouble is that rabid base of supporters won't let common sense prevail.
    They are so full of hate and rancor that it would be hard to see change coming anytime soon.
    You just have to read the posts in here for confirmation.
    Anyway, that Hogan guy had better watch his back.

There is enough hate on the left to go around. You only have to look
    at their rhetoric.
    The truth is there is a huge divide between those who think people
    should work for a living and those who think people are entitled to
    everything others have to work for.
    We are rapidly becoming a country of handouts. Biden's people are out
    there bragging about how many jobs are created when in fact fewer
    people are working than there were in the GW Bush administration in
    spite of a larger working age population. There are plenty of jobs
    available. People just won't take them. Why would you if you can get
    enough money and benefits to live, free from the taxpayer, sitting on
    your couch smoking dope?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gfretwell@aol.com@21:1/5 to waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com on Mon Feb 14 14:23:55 2022

Democrats," Hogan said.

Hogan is a Republican in the way those Massachusetts Republicans are.
    Just conservative enough to be a little different than the other
    Democrats who run their fascist state.
    OTOH Spiro Agnew was a Maryland Republican who ran on a reform ticket.
    We saw how he turned out.
    I gave up on both parties after GHWB.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gfretwell@aol.com@21:1/5 to justan on Mon Feb 14 14:43:27 2022
    On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 08:27:15 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:

...But not as many as I'd like. Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan says he wants to go back to a sane GOP, not one that 'attacks people who don't swear 100% fealty to the Dear Leader'. Republican Gov. Larry Hogan said on Sunday that he is still working to "
    reclaim the soul of the party." Hogan was critical of the GOP for calling the Capitol riots "legitimate political discourse." He told CNN he wants the party to go back to believing in "freedom and truth."Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican,
    told CNN's State of the Union on Sunday that he's concerned about the direction of the GOP and the country."I consider myself a common-sense conservative. I have been a lifelong Republican. I believe that that's where most people in America are. About 70%
    of the people in America are completely frustrated with politics on both sides, Republicans and Democrats," Hogan said.

Somewhat factual. Although I don't think the vast majority of
    republicans ever gave up believing in "freedom and truth" Those
    are the major things that differentiate between repubs and
    dems.
    BTW, DJT did a mighty fine job as pres. You'll have to admit that.
    Nobody'd perfect.

You can't get people to admit Trump did anything right. Too much hate
    on the left.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gfretwell@aol.com@21:1/5 to John H on Mon Feb 14 14:52:20 2022
    On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 10:03:33 -0500, John H <jherring@cox.net> wrote:

Democrats," Hogan said.

Great line!

It looks like we have just given up on being financially sound.
    I do find it amusing that we are seriously talking about going to war
    with Russia over Ukraine, a war that has luke warm acceptance in
    Europe and more ridiculous, we think there is something we could do
    about China taking over Taiwan.
    This is not FDR's US. It is questionable that we could actually defeat
    the Russians in a conventional war, particularly in their back yard
    and it is ludicrous that we can beat the Chinese. They won't even have
    to fire a shot. They can defeat the US with sanctions ... like "no
    ships for you".
    How long would our economy survive without imports from China?
    They have us by the balls and since Daddy Bush and Clinton, we have
    let them do it.
    We don't make anything here anymore and it has become a strategic
    liability.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bill@21:1/5 to gfretwell@aol.com on Mon Feb 14 21:15:24 2022
    <gfretwell@aol.com> wrote:

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan says he wants to go back to a sane GOP, not
    one that 'attacks people who don't swear 100% fealty to the Dear Leader'. >>>
    Republican Gov. Larry Hogan said on Sunday that he is still working to
    "reclaim the soul of the party."

Hogan was critical of the GOP for calling the Capitol riots "legitimate
    political discourse."

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican, told CNN's State of the Union
    on Sunday that he's concerned about the direction of the GOP and the country.

"I consider myself a common-sense conservative. I have been a lifelong
    Republican. I believe that that's where most people in America are.
    About 70% of the people in America are completely frustrated with
    politics on both sides, Republicans and Democrats," Hogan said.

Great line!

ships for you".
    let them do it.
    liability.

Easy for some of these countries to defend themselves. Throw out the
    Geneva Conventions that protect the politicians who send people to war.
    First thing to do on being attacked, is execute a plan to destroy the
    political capital of the attacking country, preferably including the politicians!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From justan@21:1/5 to gfretwell@aol.com on Mon Feb 14 19:14:34 2022
    gfretwell@aol.com Wrote in message:r
    On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 08:27:15 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:>"waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com>> Wrote in message:r>> ...But not as many as I'd like. Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan says he wants to go back to a sane GOP,
    not one that 'attacks people who don't swear 100% fealty to the Dear Leader'. Republican Gov. Larry Hogan said on Sunday that he is still working to "reclaim the soul of the party." Hogan was critical of the GOP for calling the Capitol riots "
    legitimate political discourse." He told CNN he wants the party to go back to believing in "freedom and truth."Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican, told CNN's State of the Union on Sunday that he's concerned about the direction of the GOP and the
    country."I consider myself a common-sense conservative. I have been a lifelong Republican. I believe that that's where most people in America are. About 70% of the people in America are completely frustrated with politics on both sides, Republicans and
    Democrats," Hogan said.>>Somewhat factual. Although I don't think the vast majority of> republicans ever gave up believing in "freedom and truth" Those> are the major things that differentiate between repubs and> dems.>BTW, DJT did a mighty fine job as
    pres. You'll have to admit that.> Nobody'd perfect.You can't get people to admit Trump did anything right. Too much hateon the left.

But-but-but Wayne aint a lefty; or is he?
    --

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gfretwell@aol.com@21:1/5 to califbill9998remove8@gmail.com on Mon Feb 14 18:45:00 2022
    On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 21:15:24 -0000 (UTC), Bill
    <califbill9998remove8@gmail.com> wrote:

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan says he wants to go back to a sane GOP, not
    one that 'attacks people who don't swear 100% fealty to the Dear Leader'. >>>>
    Republican Gov. Larry Hogan said on Sunday that he is still working to >>>> "reclaim the soul of the party."

Hogan was critical of the GOP for calling the Capitol riots "legitimate >>>> political discourse."

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican, told CNN's State of the Union >>>> on Sunday that he's concerned about the direction of the GOP and the country.

"I consider myself a common-sense conservative. I have been a lifelong >>>> Republican. I believe that that's where most people in America are.

Great line!

ships for you".
    let them do it.
    liability.

First thing to do on being attacked, is execute a plan to destroy the >political capital of the attacking country, preferably including the >politicians!

Didn't we do that in WWII? (the last real "Geneva Convention" war, at
    least in Europe)
    We bombed the shit out of Berlin and Tokyo. I bet Tokyo was on the
    Nuke list if the Japs didn't come around. I think the feeling was
    that if we killed the emperor the army might fight on to the last man.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bill@21:1/5 to gfretwell@aol.com on Tue Feb 15 02:14:45 2022
    On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 21:15:24 -0000 (UTC), Bill <califbill9998remove8@gmail.com> wrote:

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan says he wants to go back to a sane GOP, not >>>>> one that 'attacks people who don't swear 100% fealty to the Dear Leader'. >>>>>
    Republican Gov. Larry Hogan said on Sunday that he is still working to >>>>> "reclaim the soul of the party."

Hogan was critical of the GOP for calling the Capitol riots "legitimate >>>>> political discourse."

Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican, told CNN's State of the Union >>>>> on Sunday that he's concerned about the direction of the GOP and the country.

"I consider myself a common-sense conservative. I have been a lifelong >>>>> Republican. I believe that that's where most people in America are.

Great line!

ships for you".
    let them do it.
    liability.

First thing to do on being attacked, is execute a plan to destroy the
    political capital of the attacking country, preferably including the
    politicians!

Didn't we do that in WWII? (the last real "Geneva Convention" war, at
    least in Europe)
    We bombed the shit out of Berlin and Tokyo. I bet Tokyo was on the
    Nuke list if the Japs didn't come around. I think the feeling was
    that if we killed the emperor the army might fight on to the last man.

Give an gigantic reason not to send young men to start a war.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From wayne.beardsley@gmail.com@21:1/5 to justan on Tue Feb 15 08:32:59 2022
    On Monday, February 14, 2022 at 7:14:36 PM UTC-5, justan wrote:
    gfre...@aol.com Wrote in message:r
    On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 08:27:15 -0500 (EST), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:>"waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com>> Wrote in message:r>> ...But not as many as I'd like. Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan says he wants to go back to a sane GOP, not one
    that 'attacks people who don't swear 100% fealty to the Dear Leader'. Republican Gov. Larry Hogan said on Sunday that he is still working to "reclaim the soul of the party." Hogan was critical of the GOP for calling the Capitol riots "legitimate
    political discourse." He told CNN he wants the party to go back to believing in "freedom and truth."Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican, told CNN's State of the Union on Sunday that he's concerned about the direction of the GOP and the country."I
    consider myself a common-sense conservative. I have been a lifelong Republican. I believe that that's where most people in America are. About 70% of the people in America are completely frustrated with politics on both sides, Republicans and Democrats,"
    Hogan said.>>Somewhat factual. Although I don't think the vast majority of> republicans ever gave up believing in "freedom and truth" Those> are the major things that differentiate between repubs and> dems.>BTW, DJT did a mighty fine job as pres. You'll
    have to admit that.> Nobody'd perfect.You can't get people to admit Trump did anything right. Too much hateon the left.

But-but-but Wayne aint a lefty; or is he?

===

I'm definitely not a lefty, more of a middle of the road conservative. My dislike and distrust of Trump has nothing to do with political allegiance, and everything to do with DJT's narcissism and contempt for the US constitution. His attempt at
    overthrowing the election was the last straw for me.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From justan@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 15 13:04:44 2022
    On Monday, February 14, 2022 at 7:14:36 PM UTC-5, justan wrote:> gfre...@aol.com Wrote in message:r > > On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 08:27:15 -0500 (EST), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:>"waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com>> Wrote in message:r>> ...
    But not as many as I'd like. Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan says he wants to go back to a sane GOP, not one that 'attacks people who don't swear 100% fealty to the Dear Leader'. Republican Gov. Larry Hogan said on Sunday that he is still working to "reclaim
    the soul of the party." Hogan was critical of the GOP for calling the Capitol riots "legitimate political discourse." He told CNN he wants the party to go back to believing in "freedom and truth."Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican, told CNN's State
    of the Union on Sunday that he's concerned about the direction of the GOP and the country."I consider myself a common-sense conservative. I have been a lifelong Republican. I believe that that's where most people in America are. About 70% of the people
    in America are completely frustrated with politics on both sides, Republicans and Democrats," Hogan said.>>Somewhat factual. Although I don't think the vast majority of> republicans ever gave up believing in "freedom and truth" Those> are the major
    things that differentiate between repubs and> dems.>BTW, DJT did a mighty fine job as pres. You'll have to admit that.> Nobody'd perfect.You can't get people to admit Trump did anything right. Too much hateon the left. > > But-but-but Wayne aint a lefty;
    or is he?===I'm definitely not a lefty, more of a middle of the road conservative. My dislike and distrust of Trump has nothing to do with political allegiance, and everything to do with DJT's narcissism and contempt for the US constitution. His
    attempt at overthrowing the election was the last straw for me.

Successful people tend to be a bit narcisistic. Sleepy Joe is one
    too, only his sucess is questionable. And giggles? Well her poop
    doen't stink, right? And then there's crooked Hillery. So that
    leaves us with "contempt for the constitution". Can you cite a
    few examples?
    Seems to me that the goal of the Democrats is to rewrite the
    constitition to take the form of socialist ideals.
    Now there's real contempt.
    Your vote against Donald Trump helped get us in the mess we're in
    now. Thanks Wayne.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From wayne.beardsley@gmail.com@21:1/5 to justan on Tue Feb 15 14:57:52 2022
    On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 1:04:50 PM UTC-5, justan wrote:
    "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com>
    On Monday, February 14, 2022 at 7:14:36 PM UTC-5, justan wrote:> gfre...@aol.com Wrote in message:r > > On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 08:27:15 -0500 (EST), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:>"waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com>> Wrote in message:r>> ...
    But not as many as I'd like. Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan says he wants to go back to a sane GOP, not one that 'attacks people who don't swear 100% fealty to the Dear Leader'. Republican Gov. Larry Hogan said on Sunday that he is still working to "reclaim
    the soul of the party." Hogan was critical of the GOP for calling the Capitol riots "legitimate political discourse." He told CNN he wants the party to go back to believing in "freedom and truth."Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican, told CNN's State
    of the Union on Sunday that he's concerned about the direction of the GOP and the country."I consider myself a common-sense conservative. I have been a lifelong Republican. I believe that that's where most people in America are. About 70% of the people
    in America are completely frustrated with politics on both sides, Republicans and Democrats," Hogan said.>>Somewhat factual. Although I don't think the vast majority of> republicans ever gave up believing in "freedom and truth" Those> are the major
    things that differentiate between repubs and> dems.>BTW, DJT did a mighty fine job as pres. You'll have to admit that.> Nobody'd perfect.You can't get people to admit Trump did anything right. Too much hateon the left. > > But-but-but Wayne aint a lefty;
    or is he?===I'm definitely not a lefty, more of a middle of the road conservative. My dislike and distrust of Trump has nothing to do with political allegiance, and everything to do with DJT's narcissism and contempt for the US constitution. His attempt
    at overthrowing the election was the last straw for me.

few examples?
    now. Thanks Wayne.

So that
    few examples?

===

Easy. DJT's attempt to get the Georgia Secretary of State, Brad Raffensperger to "find" another 10,000 votes. That may yet result in Trump's criminal prosecution and it would be richly deserved. Here's another glaring example: Trump's attempt to have
    Pence decertify the Electoral College vote, which Pence refused much to his credit. There are many more.

Both Raffensperger and Pence are loyal republicans of course.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gfretwell@aol.com@21:1/5 to waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com on Tue Feb 15 18:31:32 2022
    On Tue, 15 Feb 2022 14:57:52 -0800 (PST),

On Monday, February 14, 2022 at 7:14:36 PM UTC-5, justan wrote:> gfre...@aol.com Wrote in message:r > > On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 08:27:15 -0500 (EST), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:>"waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com>> Wrote in message:r>> ..
    .But not as many as I'd like. Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan says he wants to go back to a sane GOP, not one that 'attacks people who don't swear 100% fealty to the Dear Leader'. Republican Gov. Larry Hogan said on Sunday that he is still working to "reclaim
    of the Union on Sunday that he's concerned about the direction of the GOP and the country."I consider myself a common-sense conservative. I have been a lifelong Republican. I believe that that's where most people in America are. About
    70% of the people in America are completely frustrated with politics on both sides, Republicans and Democrats," Hogan said.>>Somewhat factual. Although I don't think the vast majority of> republicans ever gave up believing in "freedom and truth" Those>
    are the major things that differentiate between repubs and> dems.>BTW, DJT did a mighty fine job as pres. You'll have to admit that.> Nobody'd perfect.You can't get people to admit Trump did anything right. Too much hateon the left. > > But-but-but Wayne
    aint a lefty; or is he?===I'm definitely not a lefty, more of a middle of the road conservative. My dislike and distrust of Trump has nothing to do with political allegiance, and everything to do with DJT's narcissism and contempt for the US constitution.
    His attempt at overthrowing the election was the last straw for me.

few examples?
    now. Thanks Wayne.

So that
    few examples?

I would start with the 2d, 4th and 5th amendment.
    His gun control ravings are off the hook.
    He acts like he can just go get anything he finds scary or politically incorrect.

Easy. DJT's attempt to get the Georgia Secretary of State, Brad Raffensperger to "find" another 10,000 votes. That may yet result in Trump's criminal prosecution and it would be richly deserved. Here's another glaring example: Trump's attempt to
    have Pence decertify the Electoral College vote, which Pence refused much to his credit. There are many more.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From justan@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 15 21:52:06 2022
    On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 1:04:50 PM UTC-5, justan wrote:> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> > Wrote in message:r> > On Monday, February 14, 2022 at 7:14:36 PM UTC-5, justan wrote:> gfre...@aol.com Wrote in message:r > > On Mon,
    14 Feb 2022 08:27:15 -0500 (EST), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:>"waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com>> Wrote in message:r>> ...But not as many as I'd like. Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan says he wants to go back to a sane GOP, not one that '
    attacks people who don't swear 100% fealty to the Dear Leader'. Republican Gov. Larry Hogan said on Sunday that he is still working to "reclaim the soul of the party." Hogan was critical of the GOP for calling the Capitol riots "legitimate political
    discourse." He told CNN he wants the party to go back to believing in "freedom and truth."Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican, told CNN's State of the Union on Sunday that he's concerned about the direction of the GOP and the country."I consider
    myself a common-sense conservative. I have been a lifelong Republican. I believe that that's where most people in America are. About 70% of the people in America are completely frustrated with politics on both sides, Republicans and Democrats," Hogan
    said.>>Somewhat factual. Although I don't think the vast majority of> republicans ever gave up believing in "freedom and truth" Those> are the major things that differentiate between repubs and> dems.>BTW, DJT did a mighty fine job as pres. You'll have
    to admit that.> Nobody'd perfect.You can't get people to admit Trump did anything right. Too much hateon the left. > > But-but-but Wayne aint a lefty; or is he?===I'm definitely not a lefty, more of a middle of the road conservative. My dislike and
    distrust of Trump has nothing to do with political allegiance, and everything to do with DJT's narcissism and contempt for the US constitution. His attempt at overthrowing the election was the last straw for me. > > Successful people tend to be a bit
    narcisistic. Sleepy Joe is one > too, only his sucess is questionable. And giggles? Well her poop > doen't stink, right? And then there's crooked Hillery. So that > leaves us with "contempt for the constitution". Can you cite a > few examples? > Seems to
    me that the goal of the Democrats is to rewrite the > constitition to take the form of socialist ideals. > Now there's real contempt. > Your vote against Donald Trump helped get us in the mess we're in > now. Thanks Wayne.So thatleaves us with "contempt
    for the constitution". Can you cite afew examples? ===Easy. DJT's attempt to get the Georgia Secretary of State, Brad Raffensperger to "find" another 10,000 votes. That may yet result in Trump's criminal prosecution and it would be richly deserved.
    Here's another glaring example: Trump's attempt to have Pence decertify the Electoral College vote, which Pence refused much to his credit. There are many more.Both Raffensperger and Pence are loyal republicans of course.

Ah. Gotcha. Trump wasn't a graceful loser. I can't relate that to
    contempt for the constitution. You must be confusing Trump with
    Pelosi, Schumer, Shiff, and the rest of the mob.
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bill@21:1/5 to justan on Wed Feb 16 04:17:43 2022
    justan <me@here.com> wrote:
    On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 1:04:50 PM UTC-5, justan wrote:>
    "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> > Wrote in message:r>
    On Monday, February 14, 2022 at 7:14:36 PM UTC-5, justan wrote:>
    gfre...@aol.com Wrote in message:r > > On Mon, 14 Feb 2022 08:27:15
    -0500 (EST), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:>"waynebatr...@hotmail.com"
    <wayne.b...@gmail.com>> Wrote in message:r>> ...But not as many as I'd
    like. Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan says he wants to go back to a sane GOP,
    not one that 'attacks people who don't swear 100% fealty to the Dear
    Leader'. Republican Gov. Larry Hogan said on Sunday that he is still
    working to "reclaim the soul of the party." Hogan was critical of the
    GOP for calling the Capitol riots "legitimate political discourse." He
    told CNN he wants the party to go back to believing in "freedom and
    truth."Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan, a Republican, told CNN's State of the
    Union on Sunday that he's concerned about the direction of the GOP and
    the country."I consider myself a common-sense conservative. I have been
    a lifelong Republican. I believe that that's where most people in
    America are. About 70% of the people in America are completely
    frustrated with politics on both sides, Republicans and Democrats,"
    Hogan said.>>Somewhat factual. Although I don't think the vast majority
    republicans ever gave up believing in "freedom and truth" Those>
    are the major things that differentiate between repubs and> dems.>BTW,
    DJT did a mighty fine job as pres. You'll have to admit that.> Nobody'd
    perfect.You can't get people to admit Trump did anything right. Too
    much hateon the left. > > But-but-but Wayne aint a lefty; or is
    he?===I'm definitely not a lefty, more of a middle of the road
    conservative. My dislike and distrust of Trump has nothing to do with
    political allegiance, and everything to do with DJT's narcissism and
    contempt for the US constitution. His attempt at overthrowing the
    election was the last straw for me. > > Successful people tend to be a
    bit narcisistic. Sleepy Joe is one > too, only his sucess is
    questionable. And giggles? Well her poop > doen't stink, right? And
    then there's crooked Hillery. So that > leaves us with "contempt for
    the constitution". Can you cite a > few examples? > Seems to me that
    the goal of the Democrats is to rewrite the > constitition to take the
    form of socialist ideals. > Now there's real contempt. > Your vote
    against Donald Trump helped get us in the mess we're in > now. Thanks
    Wayne.So thatleaves us with "contempt for the constitution". Can you
    cite afew examples? ===Easy. DJT's attempt to get the Georgia
    Secretary of State, Brad Raffensperger to "find" another 10,000 votes.
    That may yet result in Trump's criminal prosecution and it would be
    richly deserved. Here's another glaring example: Trump's attempt to
    have Pence decertify the Electoral College vote, which Pence refused
    much to his credit. There are many more.Both Raffensperger and Pence
    are loyal republicans of course.

Ah. Gotcha. Trump wasn't a graceful loser. I can't relate that to
    contempt for the constitution. You must be confusing Trump with
    Pelosi, Schumer, Shiff, and the rest of the mob.

You forgot Al Gore. How many recounts?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mr. Luddite@21:1/5 to All on Wed Feb 16 06:53:20 2022
    T24gMi8xNS8yMDIyIDU6NTcgUE0sIHdheW5lYmF0cmVjZG90Ym9hdHNAaG90bWFpbC5jb20gd3Jv dGU6DQo+IE9uIFR1ZXNkYXksIEZlYnJ1YXJ5IDE1LCAyMDIyIGF0IDE6MDQ6NTAgUE0gVVRDLTUs IGp1c3RhbiB3cm90ZToNCj4+ICJ3YXluZWJhdHIuLi5AaG90bWFpbC5jb20iIDx3YXluZS5iLi4u QGdtYWlsLmNvbT4NCj4+IFdyb3RlIGluIG1lc3NhZ2U6cg0KPj4+IE9uIE1vbmRheSwgRmVicnVh cnkgMTQsIDIwMjIgYXQgNzoxNDozNiBQTSBVVEMtNSwganVzdGFuIHdyb3RlOj4gZ2ZyZS4uLkBh b2wuY29tIFdyb3RlIGluIG1lc3NhZ2U6ciA+ID4gT24gTW9uLCAxNCBGZWIgMjAyMiAwODoyNzox NSAtMDUwMCAoRVNUKSwganVzdGFuIDxtLi4uQGhlcmUuY29tPiB3cm90ZTo+IndheW5lYmF0ci4u LkBob3RtYWlsLmNvbSIgPHdheW5lLmIuLi5AZ21haWwuY29tPj4gV3JvdGUgaW4gbWVzc2FnZTpy Pj4gLi4uQnV0IG5vdCBhcyBtYW55IGFzIEknZCBsaWtlLiBNYXJ5bGFuZCBHb3YuIExhcnJ5IEhv Z2FuIHNheXMgaGUgd2FudHMgdG8gZ28gYmFjayB0byBhIHNhbmUgR09QLCBub3Qgb25lIHRoYXQg J2F0dGFja3MgcGVvcGxlIHdobyBkb24ndCBzd2VhciAxMDAlIGZlYWx0eSB0byB0aGUgRGVhciBM ZWFkZXInLiBSZXB1YmxpY2FuIEdvdi4gTGFycnkgSG9nYW4gc2FpZCBvbiBTdW5kYXkgdGhhdCBo ZSBpcyBzdGlsbCB3b3JraW5nIHRvICJyZWNsYWltIHRoZSBzb3VsIG9mIHRoZSBwYXJ0eS4iIEhv Z2FuIHdhcyBjcml0aWNhbCBvZiB0aGUgR09QIGZvciBjYWxsaW5nIHRoZSBDYXBpdG9sIHJpb3Rz ICJsZWdpdGltYXRlIHBvbGl0aWNhbCBkaXNjb3Vyc2UuIiBIZSB0b2xkIENOTiBoZSB3YW50cyB0 aGUgcGFydHkgdG8gZ28gYmFjayB0byBiZWxpZXZpbmcgaW4gImZyZWVkb20gYW5kIHRydXRoLiJN YXJ5bGFuZCBHb3YuIExhcnJ5IEhvZ2FuLCBhIFJlcHVibGljYW4sIHRvbGQgQ05OJ3MgU3RhdGUg b2YgdGhlIFVuaW9uIG9uIFN1bmRheSB0aGF0IGhlJ3MgY29uY2VybmVkIGFib3V0IHRoZSBkaXJl Y3Rpb24gb2YgdGhlIEdPUCBhbmQgdGhlIGNvdW50cnkuIkkgY29uc2lkZXIgbXlzZWxmIGEgY29t bW9uLXNlbnNlIGNvbnNlcnZhdGl2ZS4gSSBoYXZlIGJlZW4gYSBsaWZlbG9uZyBSZXB1YmxpY2Fu LiBJIGJlbGlldmUgdGhhdCB0aGF0J3Mgd2hlcmUgbW9zdCBwZW9wbGUgaW4gQW1lcmljYSBhcmUu IEFib3V0IDcwJSBvZiB0aGUgcGVvcGxlIGluIEFtZXJpY2EgYXJlIGNvbXBsZXRlbHkgZnJ1c3Ry YXRlZCB3aXRoIHBvbGl0aWNzIG9uIGJvdGggc2lkZXMsIFJlcHVibGljYW5zIGFuZCBEZW1vY3Jh dHMsIiBIb2dhbiBzYWlkLj4+U29tZXdoYXQgZmFjdHVhbC4gQWx0aG91Z2ggSSBkb24ndCB0aGlu ayB0aGUgdmFzdCBtYWpvcml0eSBvZj4gcmVwdWJsaWNhbnMgZXZlciBnYXZlIHVwIGJlbGlldmlu ZyBpbiAiZnJlZWRvbSBhbmQgdHJ1dGgiIFRob3NlPiBhcmUgdGhlIG1ham9yIHRoaW5ncyB0aGF0 IGRpZmZlcmVudGlhdGUgYmV0d2VlbiByZXB1YnMgYW5kPiBkZW1zLj5CVFcsIERKVCBkaWQgYSBt aWdodHkgZmluZSBqb2IgYXMgcHJlcy4gWW91J2xsIGhhdmUgdG8gYWRtaXQgdGhhdC4+IE5vYm9k eSdkIHBlcmZlY3QuWW91IGNhbid0IGdldCBwZW9wbGUgdG8gYWRtaXQgVHJ1bXAgZGlkIGFueXRo aW5nIHJpZ2h0LiBUb28gbXVjaCBoYXRlb24gdGhlIGxlZnQuID4gPiBCdXQtYnV0LWJ1dCBXYXlu ZSBhaW50IGEgbGVmdHk7IG9yIGlzIGhlPz09PUknbSBkZWZpbml0ZWx5IG5vdCBhIGxlZnR5LCBt b3JlIG9mIGEgbWlkZGxlIG9mIHRoZSByb2FkIGNvbnNlcnZhdGl2ZS4gTXkgZGlzbGlrZSBhbmQg ZGlzdHJ1c3Qgb2YgVHJ1bXAgaGFzIG5vdGhpbmcgdG8gZG8gd2l0aCBwb2xpdGljYWwgYWxsZWdp YW5jZSwgYW5kIGV2ZXJ5dGhpbmcgdG8gZG8gd2l0aCBESlQncyBuYXJjaXNzaXNtIGFuZCBjb250 ZW1wdCBmb3IgdGhlIFVTIGNvbnN0aXR1dGlvbi4gSGlzIGF0dGVtcHQgYXQgb3ZlcnRocm93aW5n IHRoZSBlbGVjdGlvbiB3YXMgdGhlIGxhc3Qgc3RyYXcgZm9yIG1lLg0KPj4NCj4+IFN1Y2Nlc3Nm dWwgcGVvcGxlIHRlbmQgdG8gYmUgYSBiaXQgbmFyY2lzaXN0aWMuIFNsZWVweSBKb2UgaXMgb25l DQo+PiB0b28sIG9ubHkgaGlzIHN1Y2VzcyBpcyBxdWVzdGlvbmFibGUuIEFuZCBnaWdnbGVzPyBX ZWxsIGhlciBwb29wDQo+PiBkb2VuJ3Qgc3RpbmssIHJpZ2h0PyBBbmQgdGhlbiB0aGVyZSdzIGNy b29rZWQgSGlsbGVyeS4gU28gdGhhdA0KPj4gbGVhdmVzIHVzIHdpdGggImNvbnRlbXB0IGZvciB0 aGUgY29uc3RpdHV0aW9uIi4gQ2FuIHlvdSBjaXRlIGENCj4+IGZldyBleGFtcGxlcz8NCj4+IFNl ZW1zIHRvIG1lIHRoYXQgdGhlIGdvYWwgb2YgdGhlIERlbW9jcmF0cyBpcyB0byByZXdyaXRlIHRo ZQ0KPj4gY29uc3RpdGl0aW9uIHRvIHRha2UgdGhlIGZvcm0gb2Ygc29jaWFsaXN0IGlkZWFscy4N Cj4+IE5vdyB0aGVyZSdzIHJlYWwgY29udGVtcHQuDQo+PiBZb3VyIHZvdGUgYWdhaW5zdCBEb25h bGQgVHJ1bXAgaGVscGVkIGdldCB1cyBpbiB0aGUgbWVzcyB3ZSdyZSBpbg0KPj4gbm93LiBUaGFu a3MgV2F5bmUuDQo+IA0KPiBTbyB0aGF0DQo+IGxlYXZlcyB1cyB3aXRoICJjb250ZW1wdCBmb3Ig dGhlIGNvbnN0aXR1dGlvbiIuIENhbiB5b3UgY2l0ZSBhDQo+IGZldyBleGFtcGxlcz8NCj4gDQo+ ID09PQ0KPiANCj4gRWFzeS4gIERKVCdzIGF0dGVtcHQgdG8gZ2V0IHRoZSBHZW9yZ2lhIFNlY3Jl dGFyeSBvZiBTdGF0ZSwgQnJhZCBSYWZmZW5zcGVyZ2VyIHRvICJmaW5kIiBhbm90aGVyIDEwLDAw MCB2b3Rlcy4gIFRoYXQgbWF5IHlldCByZXN1bHQgaW4gVHJ1bXAncyBjcmltaW5hbCBwcm9zZWN1 dGlvbiBhbmQgaXQgd291bGQgYmUgcmljaGx5IGRlc2VydmVkLiAgSGVyZSdzIGFub3RoZXIgZ2xh cmluZyBleGFtcGxlOiAgVHJ1bXAncyBhdHRlbXB0IHRvIGhhdmUgUGVuY2UgZGVjZXJ0aWZ5IHRo ZSBFbGVjdG9yYWwgQ29sbGVnZSB2b3RlLCB3aGljaCBQZW5jZSByZWZ1c2VkIG11Y2ggdG8gaGlz IGNyZWRpdC4gIFRoZXJlIGFyZSBtYW55IG1vcmUuDQo+IA0KPiBCb3RoIFJhZmZlbnNwZXJnZXIg YW5kIFBlbmNlIGFyZSBsb3lhbCByZXB1YmxpY2FucyBvZiBjb3Vyc2UuDQoNClRvIGhpcyBjcmVk aXQgdGhvdWdoLCBoZSBnb3Qgb3ZlciBoaXMgbG9zcyBhIGxvdCBmYXN0ZXIgdGhhbg0KSGlsbGFy eS4gIFNoZSdzIHN0aWxsIHNjaGVtaW5nLg0KDQpJIHdvbmRlciBpZiB0aGUgbGliZXJhbCBwcmVz cyB3aWxsIGV2ZXIgY292ZXIgRHVyaGFtJ3MNCmZpbmRpbmdzIG9mIGhlciBCUyBzaGUgcHVsbGVk LiAgRG91YnRmdWwNCg0KDQotLSANClRoaXMgZW1haWwgaGFzIGJlZW4gY2hlY2tlZCBmb3Igdmly dXNlcyBieSBBVkcuDQpodHRwczovL3d3dy5hdmcuY29tDQo=

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Boating All Out@21:1/5 to All on Wed Feb 16 09:40:37 2022
    In article <OdCdnd4AEKsoeJH_nZ2dnUU7-dnNnZ2d@giganews.com>,
    nothere@noland.com says...

On 2/15/2022 5:57 PM, waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com wrote:

Easy. DJT's attempt to get the Georgia Secretary of State, Brad Raffensperger to "find" another 10,000 votes. That may yet result in Trump's criminal prosecution and it would be richly deserved. Here's another glaring example: Trump's attempt to
    have Pence decertify the Electoral College vote, which Pence refused much to his credit. There are many more.

To his credit though, he got over his loss a lot faster than
    Hillary. She's still scheming.

I wonder if the liberal press will ever cover Durham's
    findings of her BS she pulled. Doubtful

You do know this is wacko talk?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mr. Luddite@21:1/5 to Boating All Out on Wed Feb 16 13:54:00 2022
    On 2/16/2022 10:40 AM, Boating All Out wrote:
    In article <OdCdnd4AEKsoeJH_nZ2dnUU7-dnNnZ2d@giganews.com>, nothere@noland.com says...

and you *know* this because .....?

--
    This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
    https://www.avg.com

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gfretwell@aol.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Feb 16 16:09:39 2022
    On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 13:54:00 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <nothere@noland.com>
    wrote:

BAO is one of those people who never accepted Trump as the legitimate
    president so you can go from there.
    He didn't think Bush won in 00 either.
    That may have been when the modern version of the illegitimate
    president started.
    Hayes (1876) and J.Q. Adams (1824) were two others who were not
    universally accepted tho.
    The republic survived.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mr. Luddite@21:1/5 to gfretwell@aol.com on Wed Feb 16 17:09:29 2022
    On 2/16/2022 4:09 PM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:
    wrote:

Easy. DJT's attempt to get the Georgia Secretary of State, Brad Raffensperger to "find" another 10,000 votes. That may yet result in Trump's criminal prosecution and it would be richly deserved. Here's another glaring example: Trump's attempt
    to have Pence decertify the Electoral College vote, which Pence refused much to his credit. There are many more.

BAO is one of those people who never accepted Trump as the legitimate president so you can go from there.
    president started.
    The republic survived.

It's amazing to me that few liberals are interested in anything
    other than the popular liberal narratives. If there is anything
    out there that they don't like or want to hear, they simply
    ignore it.

Durham's report thus far is pretty damming of Hillary and the
    Dems if it pans out to be true. I tend to believe it because
    it sorta picks up where Mueller stopped. Apparently he didn't
    want to go any further.

Durham doesn't seem to be interested in the glory or drawing
    attention to himself. He's just following the evidence.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From wayne.beardsley@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Mr. Luddite on Wed Feb 16 15:12:58 2022
    On Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at 5:09:37 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:
    On 2/16/2022 4:09 PM, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
    On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 13:54:00 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <not...@noland.com> wrote:

In article <OdCdnd4AEKsoeJH_...@giganews.com>,
    not...@noland.com says...

On 2/15/2022 5:57 PM, waynebatr...@hotmail.com wrote:
    On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 1:04:50 PM UTC-5, justan wrote: >>>>>> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com>

BAO is one of those people who never accepted Trump as the legitimate president so you can go from there.
    president started.
    Hayes (1876) and J.Q. Adams (1824) were two others who were not universally accepted tho.
    The republic survived.
    ignore it.

want to go any further.

--

===

The statute of limitations is long gone for any Hilary misdeeds, and it's very doubtful that she will ever again run for public office. And as far as we know, she never incited an insurrection or other mob violence.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From justan@21:1/5 to All on Wed Feb 16 21:43:16 2022
    On Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at 5:09:37 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:> On 2/16/2022 4:09 PM, gfre...@aol.com wrote: > > On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 13:54:00 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <not...@noland.com> > > wrote: > > > >> On 2/16/2022 10:40 AM, Boating All Out
    wrote: > >>> In article <OdCdnd4AEKsoeJH_...@giganews.com>, > >>> not...@noland.com says... > >>>> > >>>> On 2/15/2022 5:57 PM, waynebatr...@hotmail.com wrote: > >>>>> On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 1:04:50 PM UTC-5, justan wrote: > >>>>>> "waynebatr...
    @hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> > >>>>> > >>>>> Easy. DJT's attempt to get the Georgia Secretary of State, Brad Raffensperger to "find" another 10,000 votes. That may yet result in Trump's criminal prosecution and it would be richly deserved. Here's
    another glaring example: Trump's attempt to have Pence decertify the Electoral College vote, which Pence refused much to his credit. There are many more. > >>>>> > >>>>> Both Raffensperger and Pence are loyal republicans of course. > >>>> > >>>> To his
    credit though, he got over his loss a lot faster than > >>>> Hillary. She's still scheming. > >>>> > >>>> I wonder if the liberal press will ever cover Durham's > >>>> findings of her BS she pulled. Doubtful > >>> > >> > >> > >>> You do know this is
    wacko talk? > >> > >> and you *know* this because .....? > > > > BAO is one of those people who never accepted Trump as the legitimate > > president so you can go from there. > > He didn't think Bush won in 00 either. > > That may have been when the
    modern version of the illegitimate > > president started. > > Hayes (1876) and J.Q. Adams (1824) were two others who were not > > universally accepted tho. > > The republic survived.> It's amazing to me that few liberals are interested in anything >
    other than the popular liberal narratives. If there is anything > out there that they don't like or want to hear, they simply > ignore it. > > Durham's report thus far is pretty damming of Hillary and the > Dems if it pans out to be true. I tend to
    believe it because > it sorta picks up where Mueller stopped. Apparently he didn't > want to go any further. > > Durham doesn't seem to be interested in the glory or drawing > attention to himself. He's just following the evidence.> -- ===The statute of
    limitations is long gone for any Hilary misdeeds, and it's very doubtful that she will ever again run for public office. And as far as we know, she never incited an insurrection or other mob violence.

Any crimes Trump might have committed pale in comparison to the
    misdeeds of crooked Hillery. Too bad that the crooked Justice
    department and crooked FBI protected her from prosecution.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gfretwell@aol.com@21:1/5 to waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com on Thu Feb 17 17:28:23 2022
    On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 15:12:58 -0800 (PST),

On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 13:54:00 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <not...@noland.com>
    wrote:

BAO is one of those people who never accepted Trump as the legitimate
    president so you can go from there.
    president started.
    The republic survived.
    ignore it.

want to go any further.

--

===

The statute of limitations is long gone for any Hilary misdeeds, and it's very doubtful that she will ever again run for public office. And as far as we know, she never incited an insurrection or other mob violence.

It does bring up an interesting point. The federal statute of
    limitations is 5 years, so most of what they are alleging against
    Trump in New York right now is probably beyond that limit too. These
    were financial deals before he was president. It is really just a
    witch hunt, trying to drive a stake in the heart of any future
    political run. I thought it was the voters who made that choice, not
    the opposition party.
    You folks must really be scared that he can win again.

Personally I would rather see DeSantis but I still might not vote for
    him as POTUS. He is an OK governor tho.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From 3452471@gmail.com@21:1/5 to gfre...@aol.com on Fri Feb 18 05:09:12 2022
    On Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at 4:09:40 PM UTC-5, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
    On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 13:54:00 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <not...@noland.com>
    wrote:

Many (most) liberals don't. I saw a "news" story on a major network a few days ago that talked about the 2000
    election in passing. At least three times they said that the Supreme Court "handed" the election to Bush. Many
    snowflakes are still counting chad in their sleep.

Gore isn't much different than Trump, he's just more polished and speaks in lower, softer tones. He tried
    his best to steal the 2000 election.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Boating All Out@21:1/5 to All on Fri Feb 18 06:32:52 2022
    In article <tbpq0h54jdolbmr68i8jfe73hliqjoft1m@4ax.com>,
    gfretwell@aol.com says...

wrote:

Easy. DJT's attempt to get the Georgia Secretary of State, Brad Raffensperger to "find" another 10,000 votes. That may yet result in Trump's criminal prosecution and it would be richly deserved. Here's another glaring example: Trump's attempt
    to have Pence decertify the Electoral College vote, which Pence refused much to his credit. There are many more.

Nonsense.

More nonsense.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From justan@21:1/5 to gfretwell@aol.com on Fri Feb 18 11:35:10 2022
    gfretwell@aol.com Wrote in message:r
    On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 15:12:58 -0800 (PST),"waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com" <wayne.beardsley@gmail.com> wrote:>On Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at 5:09:37 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote:>> On 2/16/2022 4:09 PM, gfre...@aol.com wrote: >> > On Wed, 16 Feb
    2022 13:54:00 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <not...@noland.com> >> > wrote: >> > >> >> On 2/16/2022 10:40 AM, Boating All Out wrote: >> >>> In article <OdCdnd4AEKsoeJH_...@giganews.com>, >> >>> not...@noland.com says... >> >>>> >> >>>> On 2/15/2022 5:57 PM,
    waynebatr...@hotmail.com wrote: >> >>>>> On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 1:04:50 PM UTC-5, justan wrote: >> >>>>>> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> >> >>>>> >> >>>>> Easy. DJT's attempt to get the Georgia Secretary of State, Brad
    Raffensperger to "find" another 10,000 votes. That may yet result in Trump's criminal prosecution and it would be richly deserved. Here's another glaring example: Trump's attempt to have Pence decertify the Electoral College vote, which Pence refused
    much to his credit. There are many more. >> >>>>> >> >>>>> Both Raffensperger and Pence are loyal republicans of course. >> >>>> >> >>>> To his credit though, he got over his loss a lot faster than >> >>>> Hillary. She's still scheming. >> >>>> >> >>>> I
    wonder if the liberal press will ever cover Durham's >> >>>> findings of her BS she pulled. Doubtful >> >>> >> >> >> >> >> >>> You do know this is wacko talk? >> >> >> >> and you *know* this because .....? >> > >> > BAO is one of those people who never
    accepted Trump as the legitimate >> > president so you can go from there. >> > He didn't think Bush won in 00 either. >> > That may have been when the modern version of the illegitimate >> > president started. >> > Hayes (1876) and J.Q. Adams (1824) were
    two others who were not >> > universally accepted tho. >> > The republic survived.>> It's amazing to me that few liberals are interested in anything >> other than the popular liberal narratives. If there is anything >> out there that they don't like or
    want to hear, they simply >> ignore it. >> >> Durham's report thus far is pretty damming of Hillary and the >> Dems if it pans out to be true. I tend to believe it because >> it sorta picks up where Mueller stopped. Apparently he didn't >> want to go any
    further. >> >> Durham doesn't seem to be interested in the glory or drawing >> attention to himself. He's just following the evidence.>> -- >>===>>The statute of limitations is long gone for any Hilary misdeeds, and it's very doubtful that she will ever
    again run for public office. And as far as we know, she never incited an insurrection or other mob violence. It does bring up an interesting point. The federal statute oflimitations is 5 years, so most of what they are alleging againstTrump in New York
    right now is probably beyond that limit too. Thesewere financial deals before he was president. It is really just awitch hunt, trying to drive a stake in the heart of any futurepolitical run. I thought it was the voters who made that choice, notthe
    opposition party. You folks must really be scared that he can win again. Personally I would rather see DeSantis but I still might not vote forhim as POTUS. He is an OK governor tho.

I'd prefer Desantis stays right where he is.
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From wayne.beardsley@gmail.com@21:1/5 to gfre...@aol.com on Fri Feb 18 09:09:08 2022
    On Thursday, February 17, 2022 at 5:28:12 PM UTC-5, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
    "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 13:54:00 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <not...@noland.com> >> > wrote:

BAO is one of those people who never accepted Trump as the legitimate >> > president so you can go from there.
    president started.
    The republic survived.
    ignore it.

want to go any further.

--

===

the opposition party.

===
    were financial deals before he was president.

The Trump Organization has been getting away with shady business practices for many years, many of which have tax implications for the state and city of New York. I'd be really surprised if those practices haven't continued to the present day. Their
    former accounting firm just withdrew support of their certified financial statements for the last ten years in an apparent effort to get out in front of any charges that they may face. Stay tuned and pass the popcorn.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From True North@21:1/5 to waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com on Fri Feb 18 09:48:51 2022
    On Friday, 18 February 2022 at 13:09:10 UTC-4, waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com wrote:

On Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at 5:09:37 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote: >> On 2/16/2022 4:09 PM, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
    On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 13:54:00 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <not...@noland.com> >> > wrote:

On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 1:04:50 PM UTC-5, justan wrote: >> >>>>>> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com>

Easy. DJT's attempt to get the Georgia Secretary of State, Brad Raffensperger to "find" another 10,000 votes. That may yet result in Trump's criminal prosecution and it would be richly deserved. Here's another glaring example: Trump's
    attempt to have Pence decertify the Electoral College vote, which Pence refused much to his credit. There are many more.

BAO is one of those people who never accepted Trump as the legitimate >> > president so you can go from there.
    president started.
    The republic survived.
    ignore it.

want to go any further.

--

===

the opposition party.

===
    The Trump Organization has been getting away with shady business practices for many years, many of which have tax implications for the state and city of New York. I'd be really surprised if those practices haven't continued to the present day. Their
    former accounting firm just withdrew support of their certified financial statements for the last ten years in an apparent effort to get out in front of any charges that they may face. Stay tuned and pass the popcorn.

It would be quite a treat to see Trump shuffling around a prison yard in an orange jumpsuit.
    He might like that it would match his hair.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gfretwell@aol.com@21:1/5 to waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com on Fri Feb 18 13:25:36 2022
    On Fri, 18 Feb 2022 09:09:08 -0800 (PST),

On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 13:54:00 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <not...@noland.com> >> >> > wrote:

BAO is one of those people who never accepted Trump as the legitimate >> >> > president so you can go from there.
    president started.
    The republic survived.
    ignore it.

want to go any further.

--

===

the opposition party.

===

The specific charges I have seen were over 5 years ago. I admit, I am
    not really riveted to this witch hunt tho. I will say if Trump had
    just gone back to his TV show and business deals, not scaring the
    democrats with another political run, this would not be happening at
    all.
    Nobody gave a shit when these things were happening 6 years or more
    ago.
    This is a political hit job. He must really have you scared that he
    might win again.
    I repeat, isn't this supposed to be the choice of the voters, not
    democrat apparatchiks in the New York government?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gfretwell@aol.com@21:1/5 to princecraft49@gmail.com on Fri Feb 18 13:27:25 2022
    On Fri, 18 Feb 2022 09:48:51 -0800 (PST), True North
    <princecraft49@gmail.com> wrote:

On Friday, 18 February 2022 at 13:09:10 UTC-4, waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com wrote:
    On Thursday, February 17, 2022 at 5:28:12 PM UTC-5, gfre...@aol.com wrote: >> > On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 15:12:58 -0800 (PST),

On Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at 5:09:37 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote: >> > >> On 2/16/2022 4:09 PM, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
    On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 13:54:00 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <not...@noland.com> >> > >> > wrote:

On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 1:04:50 PM UTC-5, justan wrote: >> > >> >>>>>> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com>

Easy. DJT's attempt to get the Georgia Secretary of State, Brad Raffensperger to "find" another 10,000 votes. That may yet result in Trump's criminal prosecution and it would be richly deserved. Here's another glaring example: Trump's
    attempt to have Pence decertify the Electoral College vote, which Pence refused much to his credit. There are many more.

BAO is one of those people who never accepted Trump as the legitimate >> > >> > president so you can go from there.
    president started.
    The republic survived.
    ignore it.

want to go any further.

--

===

the opposition party.

===

It would be quite a treat to see Trump shuffling around a prison yard in an orange jumpsuit.

This will be a civil action in the end, not a criminal one.
    Sorry.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John H@21:1/5 to waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com on Fri Feb 18 13:43:45 2022

On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 13:54:00 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <not...@noland.com> >> >> > wrote:

BAO is one of those people who never accepted Trump as the legitimate >> >> > president so you can go from there.
    president started.
    The republic survived.
    ignore it.

want to go any further.

--

===

the opposition party.

===

Have you applied to CNN yet?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From wayne.beardsley@gmail.com@21:1/5 to John H on Fri Feb 18 12:22:46 2022
    On Friday, February 18, 2022 at 1:43:49 PM UTC-5, John H wrote:

===

As a New Yorker who spent a lifetime working in the financial services industry, I have been aware of Trump shenanigans for longer than CNN has been in existence.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From wayne.beardsley@gmail.com@21:1/5 to gfre...@aol.com on Fri Feb 18 12:29:33 2022
    On Friday, February 18, 2022 at 1:27:18 PM UTC-5, gfre...@aol.com wrote:

Sorry.

===

There are certainly criminal charges that could be brought at the federal level if the justice department ever gets the stomach for it. It will be interesting to see what happens in Georgia with the Raffensperger case.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gfretwell@aol.com@21:1/5 to waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com on Fri Feb 18 16:43:34 2022
    On Fri, 18 Feb 2022 12:29:33 -0800 (PST),

On Friday, February 18, 2022 at 1:27:18 PM UTC-5, gfre...@aol.com wrote:

The Trump Organization has been getting away with shady business practices for many years, many of which have tax implications for the state and city of New York. I'd be really surprised if those practices haven't continued to the present day.
    Their former accounting firm just withdrew support of their certified financial statements for the last ten years in an apparent effort to get out in front of any charges that they may face. Stay tuned and pass the popcorn.

Sorry.

===

There are certainly criminal charges that could be brought at the federal level if the justice department ever gets the stomach for it. It will be interesting to see what happens in Georgia with the Raffensperger case.

That is not what is going on in New York tho. They are looking at
    deals from years ago, before the statute of limitations on federal
    crimes has expired.
    I do think it is funny that the same people who blew off Hillary
    destroying thousands of records that were under subpoena at the time
    are so outraged that Trump seems to have misplaced some of his.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gfretwell@aol.com@21:1/5 to waynebatrecdotboats@hotmail.com on Fri Feb 18 16:39:21 2022
    On Fri, 18 Feb 2022 12:22:46 -0800 (PST),

On Friday, February 18, 2022 at 1:43:49 PM UTC-5, John H wrote:

===

As a New Yorker who spent a lifetime working in the financial services industry, I have been aware of Trump shenanigans for longer than CNN has been in existence.

Anyone who was awake in the last half century knows Trump lives on
    other people's money but he is not unique. There are lots of those
    people out there.
    My question is if this has been going on for over 50 years, why are
    they just starting to look now?
    Could it be politics?
    Maybe we should be looking at crooked politicians like Nancy who has
    been using her position to trade stocks with inside knowledge and even
    market manipulation. Her and her hubby are billionaires, largely from information the rest of us were not privy to.
    OTOH
    If the reports are True, Trump actually lost his shirt when he was
    president.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mr. Luddite@21:1/5 to gfretwell@aol.com on Sat Feb 19 07:12:46 2022
    On 2/18/2022 1:25 PM, gfretwell@aol.com wrote:

On Thursday, February 17, 2022 at 5:28:12 PM UTC-5, gfre...@aol.com wrote: >>> On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 15:12:58 -0800 (PST),

On Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at 5:09:37 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote: >>>>> On 2/16/2022 4:09 PM, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
    On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 13:54:00 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <not...@noland.com> >>>>>> wrote:

On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 1:04:50 PM UTC-5, justan wrote: >>>>>>>>>>> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com>

Both Raffensperger and Pence are loyal republicans of course. >>>>>>>>>
    To his credit though, he got over his loss a lot faster than >>>>>>>>> Hillary. She's still scheming.

BAO is one of those people who never accepted Trump as the legitimate >>>>>> president so you can go from there.
    president started.
    The republic survived.
    ignore it.

want to go any further.

--

===

the opposition party.

===

all.
    ago.
    might win again.

I suspect there are many politicians now out of office who hope
    Trump never has to face federal charges for anything. It would
    set a precedence that people like Hillary Clinton finds
    terrifying.

--

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bill@21:1/5 to Mr. Luddite on Sat Feb 19 16:53:12 2022
    Mr. Luddite <nothere@noland.com> wrote:

On Thursday, February 17, 2022 at 5:28:12 PM UTC-5, gfre...@aol.com wrote: >>>> On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 15:12:58 -0800 (PST),

On Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at 5:09:37 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote: >>>>>> On 2/16/2022 4:09 PM, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
    On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 13:54:00 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <not...@noland.com> >>>>>>> wrote:

On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 1:04:50 PM UTC-5, justan wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com>

Easy. DJT's attempt to get the Georgia Secretary of State, Brad >>>>>>>>>>> Raffensperger to "find" another 10,000 votes. That may yet >>>>>>>>>>> result in Trump's criminal prosecution and it would be richly >>>>>>>>>>> deserved. Here's another glaring example: Trump's attempt to >>>>>>>>>>> have Pence decertify the Electoral College vote, which Pence >>>>>>>>>>> refused much to his credit. There are many more.

Both Raffensperger and Pence are loyal republicans of course. >>>>>>>>>>
    To his credit though, he got over his loss a lot faster than >>>>>>>>>> Hillary. She's still scheming.

BAO is one of those people who never accepted Trump as the legitimate >>>>>>> president so you can go from there.
    president started.
    The republic survived.
    ignore it.

want to go any further.

--

===

The statute of limitations is long gone for any Hilary misdeeds, and >>>>> it's very doubtful that she will ever again run for public office.
    And as far as we know, she never incited an insurrection or other mob violence.
    the opposition party.

===

The Trump Organization has been getting away with shady business
    practices for many years, many of which have tax implications for the
    state and city of New York. I'd be really surprised if those practices
    haven't continued to the present day. Their former accounting firm
    just withdrew support of their certified financial statements for the
    last ten years in an apparent effort to get out in front of any charges
    that they may face. Stay tuned and pass the popcorn.

all.
    ago.
    might win again.

terrifying.

The Democrats are running very scared. Even with the Covid, Trump did one
    of the better jobs as POTUS. I don’t think Trump would be re-elected, but another moderate conservative, is very likely to be elected if running.
    Look at the people. They are FED UP with woke and the rampant crime, crap education system, Biden and a Democrat controlled house giving away money, causing possibly Carter inflation. Look at the very liberal, leftist San Francisco. Recalled 3 Woke school board members. They would have recalled
    all of them, but only 3 were eligible for recall. Don’t understand why
    only some eligible for recall. Also, I think they can go back 7 years on taxes.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gfretwell@aol.com@21:1/5 to califbill9998remove8@gmail.com on Sat Feb 19 13:40:45 2022
    On Sat, 19 Feb 2022 16:53:12 -0000 (UTC), Bill
    <califbill9998remove8@gmail.com> wrote:

Mr. Luddite <nothere@noland.com> wrote:

On Thursday, February 17, 2022 at 5:28:12 PM UTC-5, gfre...@aol.com wrote: >>>>> On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 15:12:58 -0800 (PST),

On Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at 5:09:37 PM UTC-5, Mr. Luddite wrote: >>>>>>> On 2/16/2022 4:09 PM, gfre...@aol.com wrote:
    On Wed, 16 Feb 2022 13:54:00 -0500, "Mr. Luddite" <not...@noland.com> >>>>>>>> wrote:

On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 1:04:50 PM UTC-5, justan wrote: >>>>>>>>>>>>> "waynebatr...@hotmail.com" <wayne.b...@gmail.com>

Easy. DJT's attempt to get the Georgia Secretary of State, Brad >>>>>>>>>>>> Raffensperger to "find" another 10,000 votes. That may yet >>>>>>>>>>>> result in Trump's criminal prosecution and it would be richly >>>>>>>>>>>> deserved. Here's another glaring example: Trump's attempt to >>>>>>>>>>>> have Pence decertify the Electoral College vote, which Pence >>>>>>>>>>>> refused much to his credit. There are many more.

Both Raffensperger and Pence are loyal republicans of course. >>>>>>>>>>>
    To his credit though, he got over his loss a lot faster than >>>>>>>>>>> Hillary. She's still scheming.

BAO is one of those people who never accepted Trump as the legitimate >>>>>>>> president so you can go from there.
    That may have been when the modern version of the illegitimate >>>>>>>> president started.
    Hayes (1876) and J.Q. Adams (1824) were two others who were not >>>>>>>> universally accepted tho.
    The republic survived.
    ignore it.

want to go any further.

--

===

The statute of limitations is long gone for any Hilary misdeeds, and >>>>>> it's very doubtful that she will ever again run for public office. >>>>>> And as far as we know, she never incited an insurrection or other mob violence.
    Trump in New York right now is probably beyond that limit too. These >>>>> were financial deals before he was president. It is really just a
    political run. I thought it was the voters who made that choice, not >>>>> the opposition party.

Personally I would rather see DeSantis but I still might not vote for >>>>> him as POTUS. He is an OK governor tho.

===
    Trump in New York right now is probably beyond that limit too. These >>>>> were financial deals before he was president.

The Trump Organization has been getting away with shady business
    practices for many years, many of which have tax implications for the
    state and city of New York. I'd be really surprised if those practices >>>> haven't continued to the present day. Their former accounting firm
    just withdrew support of their certified financial statements for the
    last ten years in an apparent effort to get out in front of any charges >>>> that they may face. Stay tuned and pass the popcorn.

all.
    ago.
    might win again.

terrifying.

The Democrats are running very scared. Even with the Covid, Trump did one >of the better jobs as POTUS. I don’t think Trump would be re-elected, but >another moderate conservative, is very likely to be elected if running.
    Look at the people. They are FED UP with woke and the rampant crime, crap >education system, Biden and a Democrat controlled house giving away money, >causing possibly Carter inflation. Look at the very liberal, leftist San >Francisco. Recalled 3 Woke school board members. They would have recalled >all of them, but only 3 were eligible for recall. Don’t understand why >only some eligible for recall. Also, I think they can go back 7 years on >taxes.

The IRS operates on different rules, some tax cases have no statute of limitations but generally an old tax case will be in civil court, not
    criminal court.
    It is actually fairly rare that the SEC or the IRS seeks criminal
    charges. They generally prefer the advantages they get in civil court
    and the lower burden of proof that entails. If it is a criminal case
    they are doing more than simply prosecuting someone for misdeeds, they
    are sending a message. I doubt the rest of the politicians who approve
    their budget like the message that they could be prosecuted because of
    a political vendetta. At any given point in time, around half of the
    elected officials are in the other party.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05