• Teflon tape on diesel line fittings?

From tenmilehandyman@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Ron White on Wed May 17 21:54:19 2017
    On Tuesday, January 12, 1999 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-7, Ron White wrote:
    Unless you are EXTREMELY careful you may get some pieces of Teflon tape in your fuel system. This may not become a problem if they are upstream of the filter/sep. , but if little pieces are introduced downstream of the filter and go into the injection pump or its inlet screen then you could be left sitting somewhere with expensive repairs to the injection system. I would
    not take the chance with TFE tape. There are plenty other products in liquid or paste form that are less likely to cause problems.

--
    Ron White
    Building a 30' Sportfisherman
    http://www.concentric.net/~knotreel

If you have any clue this never happens... you are using tape wrong if this happens. retard.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From tenmilehandyman@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Gary H. Lucas on Wed May 17 21:57:55 2017
    On Tuesday, January 12, 1999 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-7, Gary H. Lucas wrote:
    A small warning about teflon tape. Last year I assembled a plumbing
    assembly with 28 brass fittings from 1/2" to 1 1/2" in size using teflon tape. I was a little upset when I had 56 leaks! Yes every fitting leaked
    on both sides, and I am quite experienced at pipe fitting. I took the fittings apart one by one trying to fix the leaks to no avail until I
    noticed that the teflon seemed to roll up in little balls. I looked at all the rolls and saw that they were made in Malaysia. I went to Home Depot and looked at several different brands and found some marked Made in USA, Mil Spec. No more leaks, and when I complained to the large plumbing supply where the original stuff came from they refused to believe me. I mentioned this to another of my customers, he responded with "Oh yeah, I never use their tape that !@#E@# leaks!" Don't skimp buy good stuff.

Gary H. Lucas

56 leaks means you are a retard... what type of fitting where they? you used tape on compression fittings? too stupid to talk to.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From tenmilehandyman@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed May 17 21:53:17 2017
    You are retarded
    !

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From goodsoldierschweik@invalid.junk@21:1/5 to All on Thu May 18 15:42:59 2017
    On Wed, 17 May 2017 21:57:55 -0700 (PDT), tenmilehandyman@gmail.com
    wrote:

On Tuesday, January 12, 1999 at 1:00:00 AM UTC-7, Gary H. Lucas wrote:
    A small warning about teflon tape. Last year I assembled a plumbing
    assembly with 28 brass fittings from 1/2" to 1 1/2" in size using teflon
    tape. I was a little upset when I had 56 leaks! Yes every fitting leaked >> on both sides, and I am quite experienced at pipe fitting. I took the
    fittings apart one by one trying to fix the leaks to no avail until I
    noticed that the teflon seemed to roll up in little balls. I looked at all >> the rolls and saw that they were made in Malaysia. I went to Home Depot and >> looked at several different brands and found some marked Made in USA, Mil
    Spec. No more leaks, and when I complained to the large plumbing supply
    where the original stuff came from they refused to believe me. I mentioned >> this to another of my customers, he responded with "Oh yeah, I never use
    their tape that !@#E@# leaks!" Don't skimp buy good stuff.

Gary H. Lucas

56 leaks means you are a retard... what type of fitting where they? you used tape on compression fittings? too stupid to talk to.

That is a little confusing to figure out. The guy is too stupid to
    talk to but you are talking to him?

The implication is, apparently, that in talking to someone who is too
    stupid to talk to you are demonstrating that you are even more stupid
    then he is. One can envision you standing on the corner ranting and
    raving at a telephone post for getting in your way.
    --
    Cheers,

Schweik

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From cpl.miller.jamesr@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Sep 28 07:58:50 2018
    Well said.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05