• Free powerful high speed flash for serious bird photographer. (Georgia?

From Greg Scott@21:1/5 to All on Sun May 10 02:24:07 2020
    If you are interested please provide a link to your photos, or email me one of your best photos. I don't visit this group very often because I am now disabled and broke, so my travels are essentially done. The flash is a custom built Olsen Ultra, in
    excellent condition. I would prefer if the recipient were near Atlanta, because shipping is expensive, and the equipment is delicate. Also I would prefer to give person-to-person training. It is very powerful, has 4 flash heads, runs off of a 12 volt car
    or motorcycle battery, I used it mostly for hummingbirds, but it is also excellent for photographing feeder birds on their approach. The flash duration is about 1/30000 second at half power, which will provide stop action on many birds, even
    hummingbirds. In comparison, a canon 550ex flash set on 1/128th power provides a flash duration of about 1/15000th of a second.
    It can easily capture birds that are approaching the feeder at about 5 feet away, such as a pileated woodpecker.

I want a good home for this flash, with an owner who really understand its value.

If you live in Southeast Arizona, you might be particularly interested, and if you have a good avian
    portfolio, and motivated, I would probably be able to train your via a video connection. But you would have to pay shipping. On this basis, I would consider someone in any location.

Here is a sample of my hummingbird photos. https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/gregscott?tab=artworkgalleries&artworkgalleryid=120963

Here is a link to a landing acorn woodpecker. Flash locate about 3 feet from bird.
    https://fineartamerica.com/featured/acorn-woodpecker-landing-gregory-scott.html

Again, my intent is that flash is intended to be free to a good home.

I haven't posted to this group in years, so I hope that I haven't violated any rules with this post.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)