• =?UTF-8?B?UkU6IFJlOiBQb2xpY2UgbG9va2luZyB0aGUgb3RoZXIgd2F5Lg==?=

From =?UTF-8?B?VG9tIEt1bmljaA==?=@21:1/5 to funkma...@hotmail.com on Thu Apr 18 19:46:07 2024
    On Fri Dec 8 05:27:28 2023 "funkma...@hotmail.com" wrote:
    On Wednesday, December 6, 2023 at 4:42:31 AM UTC-5, floriduh dumbass wrote:

I've heard of people running straight on into dogs that have come out
    to greet them.

sure, because every dog that ever came out in the road after a cyclist is a friendly little pooch who only wants to be petted. Gawd yer an ignorant dumbass.

"Cyclist mauled and killed in 'aggressive' dog attack" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbhQ7jW76uY

https://news.sky.com/story/woman-left-with-potentially-life-changing-injury-after-dog-attack-in-lancaster-12626495

https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/local/maryland/police-search-for-woman-after-dog-attacks-bicyclist/65-209c3269-cd0c-4e90-ad56-bff2a7e185e9

https://www.dispatch.com/story/news/state/2022/11/06/cyclist-pit-bull-dog-attack-leg-amputated-vinton-county-ohio/69613247007/

That's from the first page of a "dog mauls cyclist" google search.

Again, you aren't qualified to participate in discussions on these issues, due to your willful ignorance (which you're immensely proud of).

And you wonder why nobody likes you. It isn't the fact that you're queer because even other queers don't like you.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From =?UTF-8?B?VG9tIEt1bmljaA==?=@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 19 15:00:29 2024
    On Sat Dec 9 18:35:35 2023 Frank Krygowski wrote:
    On 12/9/2023 3:54 PM, Tom Kunich wrote:
    On Friday, December 8, 2023 at 4:29:34?PM UTC-8, Roger Merriman wrote:
    Tom Kunich <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Thursday, December 7, 2023 at 11:57:12?AM UTC-8, Roger Merriman wrote: >>>> Tom Kunich <cycl...@gmail.com> wrote:
    On Thursday, December 7, 2023 at 4:20:19?AM UTC-8, Roger Merriman wrote:
    Frank Krygowski <frkr...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
    On 12/6/2023 11:05 AM, Roger Merriman wrote:

More normally right/left hook is due to a car overtaking and then >>>>>>>> forgetting/not looking that there is bike who they are turning into the
    path, some areas are more prone to this than others.

Bike lanes that hide cyclists off to the curb side probably exacerbate
    this problem. Cyclists who ride near lane center are pretty immune to >>>>>>> right hooks.

The painted ones certainly, though even then the area seems to make more
    effect.

I pass one on the commute but since the side roads are just the estate and
    can?t be used for rat running etc, as the railway/river/parks so traffic is
    all heading along the road it?s a rubbish and pointless cycle lane but it
    is benign, unlike some other places where get a lot of turning traffic, and
    such painted cyclelanes are a net negative. Road near my wife?s work is
    like that or used to be they have put in a LTN ie large planters which has
    stopped the rat running traffic. Which has calmed that sort of stuff a >>>>>> touch.

Roger Merriman

Yet another proof that Frank takes the entire lane in traffic. But of >>>>> course he doesn't because some insane driver would run him over. So again
    he is so full of it, it is coming out of this ears. Without bike lanes >>>>> bikes ride in the same position on the streets but they don't have a >>>>> white line reminding drivers to beware. I don't know how long I can take
    Frank claiming he rides when every comment he makes proves he doesn't. >>>>>
    No some bike lanes are remarkably narrow and really are in the gutter, this
    being london such stuff is disappearing though plenty of WTF where they >>>> thinking if one has the time to look.

My position like a lot of cyclists depends on the situation, unlike Frank
    I?m pragmatic rather than dogmatic about cycle infrastructure or lack of >>>> it.

Roger Merriman

So am I. If it is there I use it and if there isn't I try and stay out of >>> the way of faster traffic if possible. Since that woman knew I was there >>> and purposely cut me off, if Frank was taking the lane she would simply >>> have hit him from behind.

That?s not my experience, in such places moving a touch out seems to make >> cars adjust, as with the white line they will assume your in the lane and >> so on, they just don?t think.

Roger Merriman
    Unfortunately you cannot adjust by moving out if there is a car already there.

You don't move leftward if a car is already there, unless you negotiate
    with a following motorist and get his cooperation. I've done that when,
    for example, I needed to change from the right lane to the next lane,
    then to a left turn only lane. When a slight gap appeared to my left, I signaled and looked back to visually ask the motorist to let me in. Most motorists cooperate.

But again: Simple math shows most lanes are too narrow to safely share.
    That means it's legal to ride toward lane center, which is safer than squeezing far right and tempting unskilled motorists to judge precisely
    how wide their car is as they try to get by you. So riding near lane
    center should be the default (in Britain, "the primary position"). That
    way you are not often trying to merge into the center of the lane.
    You're already there.

This is all explained in educational videos and printed materials for legitimate classes on traffic cycling. It's part of the curricula
    because it works.

--
    - Frank Krygowski

Frank, so does everyone else. But rhere ARE people in the world that are convinced they own the road. The problem isn't drivers as a whole but a small subset that you don't seem to believe exists. Thix includes the California Highway Patrol which refused
    to take any action when some illegal alien threatrened to kill me and chaced me off of the road and into a thicket of trees. The claim was that if they didn't themselves witness it, it never happened. Suddenly that changed when they heard from Sacramento.
    Had they simply gone and lookedx they would have found the ass trying to untangle his car from that thicket. What would he have said to the officer if asked how he got there in the first place.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From =?UTF-8?B?VG9tIEt1bmljaA==?=@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 19 15:06:59 2024
    On Fri Apr 19 07:38:53 2024 AMuzi wrote:
    On 4/19/2024 2:29 AM, Catrike Ryder wrote:
    On Thu, 18 Apr 2024 17:15:55 -0500, AMuzi <am@yellowjersey.org> wrote:

https://www.alibris.com/How-to-Win-Friends-Influence-People-Miniature-Edition-The-Only-Book-You-Need-to-Lead-You-to-Success-Dale-Carnegie/book/37368064?matches=12
    --
    Andrew Muzi
    am@yellowjersey.org
    Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Altering one's lifestyle simply to have more friends seems like a
    terrible way to live.

A reasonable point of view, but gratuitously insulting
    people is no better.
    --
    Andrew Muzi
    am@yellowjersey.org
    Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I chased after here and whatever she planned to do in that shopping center seemed secondary to getting away from me. Would you expect me to be polite to people that have hit me when I was right there in plain sight>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05