• =?UTF-8?B?U3RyYW5nIEViYXkgUG9zdGluZ3M=?=

From =?UTF-8?B?VG9tIEt1bmljaA==?=@21:1/5 to All on Mon Feb 26 20:51:40 2024
    In several places now I have noticed postings of some fairly desireable things for decent prices but with the note that they are only available for pick-up on site.

It isn't as if shipping is all that difficult, you simply take it to the local bike shop for packing and shipping but that seems to be too difficult. Most people simply add the packing and shipping costs. So why would someone have an S-works nike (with
    crappy components on it) and say it is only available for pickup in
    New Jersey? Or in my case - a nice set of Bontrager X-lite wheels only for pickup in San Deigo?

So, if you're buying things off of Ebay now, be sure that the seller will ship.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From =?UTF-8?B?VG9tIEt1bmljaA==?=@21:1/5 to All on Mon Feb 26 21:08:30 2024
    On Mon Feb 26 20:51:40 2024 Tom Kunich wrote:
    In several places now I have noticed postings of some fairly desireable things for decent prices but with the note that they are only available for pick-up on site.

It isn't as if shipping is all that difficult, you simply take it to the local bike shop for packing and shipping but that seems to be too difficult. Most people simply add the packing and shipping costs. So why would someone have an S-works nike (with
    crappy components on it) and say it is only available for pickup in
    New Jersey? Or in my case - a nice set of Bontrager X-lite wheels only for pickup in San Deigo?

So, if you're buying things off of Ebay now, be sure that the seller will ship.

I should also add that I read a comment from a Speciaolized team rider who said that the S-works aluminum bikes were famous for breaking in races and it appeared that Specialized was replacing them with the standard Allez withe the S-Works decals on them.

I don't expect that normal people would ride hard enough to break the S-works but why would you down grade the team bikes so that they wouldn't break? After all, it was an open secret that the team carbon fiber bikes needed replacing after every race.
    They appear to have gotten that straightened out now, just in time for me to switch back to steel.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)