• How you get up maybe zero to do with how you ride

From Mark Cleary@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 5 12:31:46 2023
    I got up this morning after sleeping in till 5:30am. I normally get up at 4am. I was tossing in the night with some muscle cramps or a bit or soreness. Not bad but the last 2 days I did some real stretching of the legs and the quads. I have a series of
    stretches I do and pretty regular.

Today I got up and thought wow my ride today will be a struggle and it was a bit breezy and warm at 72 degrees with humidity. The heat never bothers me as such but warm breezy south wind. I did a 4 mile repeat loop so I would only have to deal with full
    front wind 1 mile up each time.

So as it would be I manages 56 miles in 16.9 mph and heart rate at 111 for the ride. No stops and did not drink anything during the ride. Not drinking for that amount of time is not unusual for me but not necessarily what I always do. But really compare
    to other rides lately I road pretty darn well. Frankly I am getting to where I think how I actually feels sometimes has zero to to with how I actually ride in terms of stats.
    Deacon mark

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Tom Kunich@21:1/5 to Mark Cleary on Tue Sep 5 13:17:50 2023
    On Tuesday, September 5, 2023 at 12:31:49 PM UTC-7, Mark Cleary wrote:
    I got up this morning after sleeping in till 5:30am. I normally get up at 4am. I was tossing in the night with some muscle cramps or a bit or soreness. Not bad but the last 2 days I did some real stretching of the legs and the quads. I have a series of
    stretches I do and pretty regular.

Today I got up and thought wow my ride today will be a struggle and it was a bit breezy and warm at 72 degrees with humidity. The heat never bothers me as such but warm breezy south wind. I did a 4 mile repeat loop so I would only have to deal with
    full front wind 1 mile up each time.

So as it would be I manages 56 miles in 16.9 mph and heart rate at 111 for the ride. No stops and did not drink anything during the ride. Not drinking for that amount of time is not unusual for me but not necessarily what I always do. But really
    compare to other rides lately I road pretty darn well. Frankly I am getting to where I think how I actually feels sometimes has zero to to with how I actually ride in terms of stats.
    Deacon mark

Well, it sounds like you're ready to ride criteriums.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)