• Washing Patagonia fleece?

From david.flores@uber.com@21:1/5 to Mikulas on Tue Feb 6 13:00:30 2018
    On Thursday, August 19, 1999 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Mikulas wrote:
    I don't know the official line but I have some tips for you. First of all there is no need to put it in the dryer as you could simply shake it to remove most of the water and the it dries very quickly. No need to waste energy with dryer.

Second, I remember Patagonia recommending turning fleece inside out and then washing it.

The only problem I seem to be having is to atract lint from the washmachine.

rb

vas <early_blazers@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:935310276.284192@ftp.mauigateway.com...
    Hi. I recently bought a Patagonia Synchilla fleece jacket at their store
    in
    Ventura. The salesperson told gave me some really specific instructions
    for
    washing it, which I promptly forgot. I think she said not to put it in the dryer since it would shrink, but the label says dryers are OK. Can someone tell me the right way to wash & dry it? Thanks!

Any help on this if I wanted to shrink a fleece? bought an oversized size on accident and lost the receipt just need it one size smaller and was wondering if they shrunk with hot water?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From jcbradsher@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Nov 21 04:34:00 2018
    I want to do the same thing.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gregoryjrobles@gmail.com@21:1/5 to jcbra...@gmail.com on Wed Jan 9 21:17:21 2019
    On Wednesday, November 21, 2018 at 4:34:01 AM UTC-8, jcbra...@gmail.com wrote:
    I want to do the same thing.

did you ever end up getting it to shrink? i ourchased a large better sweater 1/4 zip and its a bit too big, and i was wondering if you found out how to shrink it a bit?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gregoryjrobles@gmail.com@21:1/5 to david....@uber.com on Wed Jan 9 21:18:14 2019
    On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 1:00:32 PM UTC-8, david....@uber.com wrote:
    I don't know the official line but I have some tips for you. First of all there is no need to put it in the dryer as you could simply shake it to remove most of the water and the it dries very quickly. No need to waste energy with dryer.

Second, I remember Patagonia recommending turning fleece inside out and then
    washing it.

rb

vas <early_blazers@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:935310276.284192@ftp.mauigateway.com...
    in
    for
    washing it, which I promptly forgot. I think she said not to put it in the
    dryer since it would shrink, but the label says dryers are OK. Can someone
    tell me the right way to wash & dry it? Thanks!

Any help on this if I wanted to shrink a fleece? bought an oversized size on accident and lost the receipt just need it one size smaller and was wondering if they shrunk with hot water?

did you end up finding out how to shrink it a bit? i have the same issue, i just dont know how I shouldgo about doing it

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From hlillywh@juno.com@21:1/5 to gregory...@gmail.com on Fri Jan 11 11:35:56 2019
    On Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 9:18:15 PM UTC-8, gregory...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 1:00:32 PM UTC-8, david....@uber.com wrote:
    I don't know the official line but I have some tips for you. First of all
    there is no need to put it in the dryer as you could simply shake it to remove most of the water and the it dries very quickly. No need to waste energy with dryer.

Second, I remember Patagonia recommending turning fleece inside out and then
    washing it.

rb

in
    for
    washing it, which I promptly forgot. I think she said not to put it in the
    dryer since it would shrink, but the label says dryers are OK. Can someone
    tell me the right way to wash & dry it? Thanks!

did you end up finding out how to shrink it a bit? i have the same issue, i just dont know how I shouldgo about doing it

I'd be leery of trying to shrink fleece. I suspect you would change the character
    of the fabric, reducing the dead air spaces thus reducing the insulation value. Shrinking is like to affect thickness as well as the other dimensions.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From aquahabitat@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Mikulas on Sun May 19 11:50:43 2019
    On Thursday, August 19, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Mikulas wrote:

Second, I remember Patagonia recommending turning fleece inside out and then washing it.

rb

in
    for
    washing it, which I promptly forgot. I think she said not to put it in the dryer since it would shrink, but the label says dryers are OK. Can someone tell me the right way to wash & dry it? Thanks!

I'd toss it out and buy from a brand that sticks to clothing manufacturing instead of trying to tell us all how to think.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From tsp65@nau.edu@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 23 14:46:10 2020
    @ aquah...@gmail.com

I'd toss it out and buy from a brand that sticks to clothing manufacturing instead of trying to tell us all how to think.

Because encouraging sustainable commerce and low carbon footprint living is such a crime... yeah let's not support a company that wants the best for our environment. SMH.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05