• Tips from Afghanistan

From hutchison187@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 26 10:00:58 2016
    Just thought I would post a quick reply after reading previous comments.
    I served under 1st Sgt. Romero during Operation Anaconda. The only way to gain real combat experience is to actually have be there. 1st Sgt. Romero took time to post this article to help those soldiers who have not been there and are about to deploy to a
    similar environment. To imply that 1st Sgt Romero or other soldiers should already know the lessons referenced in the article is proof that people love to post things with zero knowledge or experience as to what they are posting.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From hlillywh@juno.com@21:1/5 to hutchi...@gmail.com on Tue Apr 26 16:44:41 2016
    On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 10:01:00 AM UTC-7, hutchi...@gmail.com wrote:
    Just thought I would post a quick reply after reading previous comments.
    I served under 1st Sgt. Romero during Operation Anaconda. The only way to gain real combat experience is to actually have be there. 1st Sgt. Romero took time to post this article to help those soldiers who have not been there and are about to deploy to
    a similar environment. To imply that 1st Sgt Romero or other soldiers should already know the lessons referenced in the article is proof that people love to post things with zero knowledge or experience as to what they are posting.

One problem with any waterproof boot is that the waterproofing works both
    ways. Should you step into a puddle over the boot top, water gets in and the waterproofing keeps it there. That was the big advantage of jungle boots, the water had an escape route. Gortex is great as long as you do not step into water over the boot tops and if you keep it clean so it can breathe and if relative humidity outside the boot is lower than that inside.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)