• Military Surplus 4 cyl engine Model 4AO32-4 Manufactured by Teledyn

From baba@gicable.com@21:1/5 to gui...@nothere.com on Sat May 28 16:41:01 2016
    On Sunday, June 23, 2002 at 5:45:48 PM UTC-7, gui...@nothere.com wrote:
    On 23 Jun 2002 04:04:27 GMT, weemoose@aol.comjunkbloc (Wee Moose)
    wrote:

I was surfing the web and I noticed that the October issue of Ultralight mag
    runs a story on this military surplus engine. It also says that the engine >>is a 20 HP engine but all of the research I could find on it shows it as a 6
    HP en

16 HP would probably be about maximum. So far I have no evidence that this >engine has flown anything out of ground effect.

Engine only has splash lubrication to rods and the aluminium rods are their own
    bearings.

Carl

The engines are rated in a strange way to what everyone is used to.
    The ratingr is the power at elevated temps and altitudes. The 32 gets
    rated at 107° and 7,000. The 6 hp is also not the max rating either.
    The best you could reliably get out of it is going to be 18-20hp.

It has a full pressure oil system. Pump filter and all. There is a
    group on yahoo that deals with just these engines for aviation use. surplusengines I think is the name of the group.

G

i have a a084 surlplus engine an ohv engine at 2700 rpm makes about.5 hp per cubic inch. i highly suspect the military engine for generators are depowered by retarding the cam one tooth. an easy to correct. to get full .5 hp per cube

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From chuck1947b@gmail.com@21:1/5 to David Waynescott on Fri Sep 1 09:02:46 2017
    On Saturday, June 22, 2002 at 12:02:31 AM UTC-4, David Waynescott wrote:
    I was surfing the web and I noticed that the October issue of Ultralight mag runs a story on this military surplus engine. It also says that the engine is a 20 HP engine but all of the research I could find on it shows it as a 6 HP engine. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I have 2 of these for sale in SC. With starter motors. One I uncrated and started and the other one still on pallet. I want $500 ea. firm. Google Saturn Surplus to see pics. I think Saturn sells them for around $750 plus about $125 for starter motors.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)