• Re: Comparison: LS-3 and LS-3a

From =?UTF-8?Q?Alexandre_M=C3=A9lot?=@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jun 14 05:35:50 2023
    Le mardi 28 juillet 1998 à 09:00:00 UTC+2, Frederick Mueller a écrit :
    Billevelyn wrote:

According to Johnson's report, the LS3 has more of a demonstrated L/D than the
    LS3A..
    Bill Evelyn LS3A, WLE
    This is a true statement about Dick Johnson's report. It may be less
    true regarding the two aircraft.
    I have a 1980 letter from Horst Eschenberg with attached comments from
    Wolf Lemke that sheds considerable doubt on Johnson's test results.
    Dick Johnson refused to consider he might have been in error.
    Give me a postal address and I'll run off a copy for you.

Fred Mueller
    LS3A 113RM
    Hello Fred, would you still have this information? could you provide me with a scan?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From paulstiles41@msn.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jun 18 18:27:04 2023
    On Wednesday, June 14, 2023 at 7:35:52 AM UTC-5, Alexandre Mélot wrote:
    Le mardi 28 juillet 1998 à 09:00:00 UTC+2, Frederick Mueller a écrit :
    Billevelyn wrote:

According to Johnson's report, the LS3 has more of a demonstrated L/D than the
    LS3A..
    Bill Evelyn LS3A, WLE > > This is a true statement about Dick Johnson's report. It may be less
    true regarding the two aircraft.
    I have a 1980 letter from Horst Eschenberg with attached comments from Wolf Lemke that sheds considerable doubt on Johnson's test results.
    Dick Johnson refused to consider he might have been in error.
    Give me a postal address and I'll run off a copy for you.

Fred Mueller
    LS3A 113RM
    Hello Fred, would you still have this information? could you provide me with a scan?

I just discovered this old thread...for what it is worth, I own the LS3A Dick Johnson reported on way back (9P). I think his data was off. How much? I can't quantify. However, I also own an ASW 20BL (MO). I have about 450 hrs in the LS3A and about
    300 hours in the '20. The experience of owning both of these delightful ships from the same era has taught me one thing...The difference in performance capabilities between these two ships is marginal and any significant difference is due to the pilot.
    My Point? Don't split hairs on the performance of any ship from this era unless you are good enough to extract all of the available performance.

Paul

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)