• Charlie Spratt!

From Dave Nadler@21:1/5 to All on Thu May 4 15:19:09 2023
    Today I got a solicitation from ComCast Business addressed to:
    Charlie Spratt
    Nadler & Associates

Add to the hundreds of reasons not to use ComCast, but...
    How do you suppose that happened?
    I can assure you, Charlie never worked for N&A!

Sure do miss Charlie, though many others learned really well from him
    and took up the mantle (thanks Marshall and so many others).

Can't make this stuff up...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Dave Nadler@21:1/5 to Mark Mocho on Thu May 4 16:13:11 2023
    On Thursday, May 4, 2023 at 6:31:08 PM UTC-4, Mark Mocho wrote:
    Well, if you bribe the Contest Director with a Company check.......
    Maybe the IRS sold Charlie's tax records to Comcast, and N&A were listed as an income source.

Right, that's why I won the nationals ;-) I wish!
    Nope, N&A never sent Charlie a check for anything, he preferred cash.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mark Mocho@21:1/5 to All on Thu May 4 15:31:06 2023
    I can assure you, Charlie never worked for N&A!

Well, if you bribe the Contest Director with a Company check.......

Maybe the IRS sold Charlie's tax records to Comcast, and N&A were listed as an income source.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Glider-dood@21:1/5 to All on Fri May 5 09:39:52 2023
    Dave - That's a good one.

I receive erroneous mail sent to my house addresses to; the previous owner (20+ years ago), my ex-wife (25 years since inception), my ex's new husband, my children who have never lived in this particular house, various permutations of my name, and - of
    course - "Our Friends at ...". Sometimes the same mail is duplicated for myself and my wife several times over - especially from charities we support.

From the point of view of the lesser purveyors of mailing lists, the larger the list the better. Scrub the internet for anyone ever linked to an address and - BOOM - you have a "better" list. Unfortunately, the users of the list have no way of knowing
    about the quality of the list that they are getting. They could spend some computer time to scrub out duplicate addresses but it is just easier and faster to click send.

There are high quality mail list vendors ($$$) but it is all about a cheap database with as much content as possible - quantity at all costs over any attempt at quality.

- Glider Dood

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mark Mocho@21:1/5 to All on Fri May 5 19:03:57 2023
    I receive erroneous mail sent to my house addresses to; the previous owner (20+ years ago), my ex-wife (25 years since inception), my ex's new husband, my children who have never lived in this particular house, various permutations of my name, and - of
    course - "Our Friends at ...". Sometimes the same mail is duplicated for myself and my wife several times over - especially from charities we support.

And the next step is when the "voting rights" folks start sending absentee ballots to everybody and their dead relatives.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05