• TFR-for-Google_Earth trouble

From jp@21:1/5 to All on Wed May 3 17:37:56 2023
    I've tried over a couple of days to download a usuable TFR image from soaringdata.org and the downloaded file returns a "mismatched tag" error when I try to open it in Google Earth. Anyone have a notion of what I am doing wrong?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Ron Gleason@21:1/5 to All on Wed May 3 18:19:35 2023
    On Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 6:37:58 PM UTC-6, jp wrote:
    I've tried over a couple of days to download a usuable TFR image from soaringdata.org and the downloaded file returns a "mismatched tag" error when I try to open it in Google Earth. Anyone have a notion of what I am doing wrong?
    Lynn Alley's site is http://soaringdata.info/aviation/airportsTab.html

I tried downloading a KML file and got the same error message. Message Lynn at the email address under 'Questions and Comments;' link on te website. He is typically very responsive

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jp@21:1/5 to Ron Gleason on Wed May 3 20:32:21 2023
    On Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 6:19:37 PM UTC-7, Ron Gleason wrote:

I tried downloading a KML file and got the same error message. Message Lynn at the email address under 'Questions and Comments;' link on te website. He is typically very responsive
    Thank you Ron - and thank you for adding the full and correct name of the website!

I just sent an email about the problem.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jp@21:1/5 to All on Thu May 4 10:40:35 2023
    On Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 8:32:24 PM UTC-7, jp wrote:
    On Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 6:19:37 PM UTC-7, Ron Gleason wrote:

Thank you Ron - and thank you for adding the full and correct name of the website!

I just sent an email about the problem.
    Lynn has looked at the issue and says it is a result of there being no TFRs withing the area specified for the run. If one specifies an area pretty much guaranteed to have a TFR ( such as 1000 miles or so ) the problem does not occur. Lynn will work to
    eliminate the issue.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05