• Re: Woodstock Glider

From Capt.Stephan Bradley@21:1/5 to All on Mon Feb 13 21:43:26 2023
    If anyone is still watching this forum or sees this post, I am trying to find a copy of the 13m wing version of the Woodstock plans. Please let me know if you have access to them in any format (including any CAD format at all, DWG or other).

My email is just my first name and then the @ followed by bradleyventures and the dot com .

Thanks,
    Stephan

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From jose ferreira@21:1/5 to All on Tue Apr 11 15:05:15 2023
    Hello, I have bought a motorized woodstock one. Builder started it at 1993, but he died around 2015 disease.
    The man on the Aerodrome, had doubts about the flying security because he said he didn't know the glue was used and since its 30 years old from the start project other is no warranty about flying it secure.
    Any of you have knowledge about the construction of this glider, so if could be glue degradation depending? I have no idea how to check it.
    Thank you in advance.

El martes, 14 de febrero de 2023 a las 6:43:28 UTC+1, Capt.Stephan Bradley escribió:
    If anyone is still watching this forum or sees this post, I am trying to find a copy of the 13m wing version of the Woodstock plans. Please let me know if you have access to them in any format (including any CAD format at all, DWG or other).

My email is just my first name and then the @ followed by bradleyventures and the dot com .

Thanks,
    Stephan

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Sinclair@21:1/5 to jose ferreira on Tue Apr 11 16:06:24 2023
    On Tuesday, April 11, 2023 at 3:05:18 PM UTC-7, jose ferreira wrote:
    Hello, I have bought a motorized woodstock one. Builder started it at 1993, but he died around 2015 disease.
    The man on the Aerodrome, had doubts about the flying security because he said he didn't know the glue was used and since its 30 years old from the start project other is no warranty about flying it secure.
    Any of you have knowledge about the construction of this glider, so if could be glue degradation depending? I have no idea how to check it.
    Thank you in advance.

The recommended glue was Hughs Epoxy which is white in color and does not degrade over time.
    JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jose ferreira@21:1/5 to All on Wed Apr 12 05:54:51 2023
    El miércoles, 12 de abril de 2023 a las 1:06:26 UTC+2, John Sinclair escribió:
    Thank you in advance.
    The recommended glue was Hughs Epoxy which is white in color and does not degrade over time.
    JJ

Don´t know if can be supervised or restored. If anyone want one already built, I have one for sale. Have no idea what glue was used.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jose ferreira@21:1/5 to All on Wed Apr 12 05:57:31 2023
    El miércoles, 12 de abril de 2023 a las 14:54:53 UTC+2, jose ferreira escribió:
    Thank you in advance.
    JJ
    Don´t know if can be supervised or restored. If anyone want one already built, I have one for sale. Have no idea what glue was used.

I could be flying it, but instructors say could be risky since construction started on 1993, so parts of the glider are 30 years old, so no warranty about the security, I really don´t know.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Sinclair@21:1/5 to jose ferreira on Wed Apr 12 06:56:53 2023
    On Wednesday, April 12, 2023 at 5:57:33 AM UTC-7, jose ferreira wrote:
    Thank you in advance.
    JJ
    I could be flying it, but instructors say could be risky since construction started on 1993, so parts of the glider are 30 years old, so no warranty about the security, I really don´t know.

There are wooden gliders more than 90 years old, still flying. The real issue is how it has been maintained and stored, dry-rot is the main issue + the old animal based glue, that hasn’t been used since epoxy glues arrived 50 years ago.
    I would be more concerned about the addition of a motor to a light weight ship. It has got to be way over gross weight. Nobody in their right mind is going to buy into that bucket of worms!
    I’d remove the motor, prop, battery and instruments and sell them separately and consider burning the rest. I believe there is liability associated with selling anything with known undisclosed problems!
    JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jose ferreira@21:1/5 to All on Wed Apr 12 08:29:51 2023
    El miércoles, 12 de abril de 2023 a las 15:56:57 UTC+2, John Sinclair escribió:
    Thank you in advance.
    JJ
    There are wooden gliders more than 90 years old, still flying. The real issue is how it has been maintained and stored, dry-rot is the main issue + the old animal based glue, that hasn’t been used since epoxy glues arrived 50 years ago.
    I would be more concerned about the addition of a motor to a light weight ship. It has got to be way over gross weight. Nobody in their right mind is going to buy into that bucket of worms!
    I’d remove the motor, prop, battery and instruments and sell them separately and consider burning the rest. I believe there is liability associated with selling anything with known undisclosed problems!
    JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jose ferreira@21:1/5 to All on Wed Apr 12 08:31:48 2023
    Thank you. The motor weights 11 kg. The entire Woodstock is about 180kg. I think that 11kg could be the weight difference of a pilot of 80kg or another pilot.

The Woodstock was in a aerodrome for some years since 2015.Climate is quite hot and dry on the south of Spain.
    The glider got the licence to fly date 2022, so I´m not sure if there existe a "known" problem, or instead just "unkown", just because the original builder died between 2015- 2018 so is not posible to ask him what glue used or not. So is not posible to
    find out if there is any risk or if there isn´t.

It´s supposed that the glider passed some resistence testing to get the goverment licence, that was 8 years ago. So legally it has the oficcial licence to fly date 2022. Is it secure? I really don´t know.
    If it´s not, its supposed they should not give the glider the licence, but I don´t know how they strict evaluate experimental aircrafts.
    I was just adverstised about the age of the unit, and the unknown glue used, just because the man died.

But you are right, he should might advertise me before buy it. Now I have the doubt and must burn it? I have no experience. Have contacted to other peple and seem nobody seem to know if there is some security thing to be afraid or not.

What is the key to consider it a " bucket of worms"?

Thank you in advance.
    JJ
    JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Sinclair@21:1/5 to jose ferreira on Wed Apr 12 12:54:20 2023
    NOn Wednesday, April 12, 2023 at 8:31:50 AM UTC-7, jose ferreira wrote:
    Thank you. The motor weights 11 kg. The entire Woodstock is about 180kg. I think that 11kg could be the weight difference of a pilot of 80kg or another pilot.

The Woodstock was in a aerodrome for some years since 2015.Climate is quite hot and dry on the south of Spain.
    The glider got the licence to fly date 2022, so I´m not sure if there existe a "known" problem, or instead just "unkown", just because the original builder died between 2015- 2018 so is not posible to ask him what glue used or not. So is not posible
    to find out if there is any risk or if there isn´t.

It´s supposed that the glider passed some resistence testing to get the goverment licence, that was 8 years ago. So legally it has the oficcial licence to fly date 2022. Is it secure? I really don´t know.
    If it´s not, its supposed they should not give the glider the licence, but I don´t know how they strict evaluate experimental aircrafts.
    I was just adverstised about the age of the unit, and the unknown glue used, just because the man died.

But you are right, he should might advertise me before buy it. Now I have the doubt and must burn it? I have no experience. Have contacted to other peple and seem nobody seem to know if there is some security thing to be afraid or not.

Thank you in advance.
    JJ
    JJ

First things first…………go look at any glue seam on the ship………….if it’s white in color, it’s probably epoxy glue that doesn’t deteriorate!

I don’t know anything about Experimental licensing in Spain, but in the US, there is no testing done by the government, they might try and steer you in a safe direction, but in the end, you’ll be allowed to fly anything in the Experimental Amateur
    Built category ………..solo!

You said you recently purchased the ship, I’d take it back!
    JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jose ferreira@21:1/5 to All on Wed Apr 12 14:34:53 2023
    Can´t sent it back, too late. I asked a friend, showed a pic from the fuselage and said is Epoxy, although he say Epoxy is not white, is transparent. I have Epoxy at home for home figures and is transparent, not white.

Regarding Spain , to fly legal must pass a large time inspection to get the license, that started 8 years ago. Even you cannot change any other part, like motor, if you do it without the supervision you lost the license.
    Here are two pics https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OuTicJgLihwi6Qx_hgDPB0kDGJ7l9m_q?usp=share_link

El miércoles, 12 de abril de 2023 a las 21:54:23 UTC+2, John Sinclair escribió:

The glider got the licence to fly date 2022, so I´m not sure if there existe a "known" problem, or instead just "unkown", just because the original builder died between 2015- 2018 so is not posible to ask him what glue used or not. So is not posible
    to find out if there is any risk or if there isn´t.

Thank you in advance.
    JJ
    JJ
    First things first…………go look at any glue seam on the ship………….if it’s white in color, it’s probably epoxy glue that doesn’t deteriorate!

I don’t know anything about Experimental licensing in Spain, but in the US, there is no testing done by the government, they might try and steer you in a safe direction, but in the end, you’ll be allowed to fly anything in the Experimental Amateur
    Built category ………..solo!

JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Sinclair@21:1/5 to jose ferreira on Wed Apr 12 16:50:05 2023
    On Wednesday, April 12, 2023 at 2:34:55 PM UTC-7, jose ferreira wrote:
    Can´t sent it back, too late. I asked a friend, showed a pic from the fuselage and said is Epoxy, although he say Epoxy is not white, is transparent. I have Epoxy at home for home figures and is transparent, not white.

Regarding Spain , to fly legal must pass a large time inspection to get the license, that started 8 years ago. Even you cannot change any other part, like motor, if you do it without the supervision you lost the license.
    Here are two pics https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1OuTicJgLihwi6Qx_hgDPB0kDGJ7l9m_q?usp=share_link

The glider got the licence to fly date 2022, so I´m not sure if there existe a "known" problem, or instead just "unkown", just because the original builder died between 2015- 2018 so is not posible to ask him what glue used or not. So is not
    posible to find out if there is any risk or if there isn´t.

Thank you in advance.
    JJ
    JJ

I don’t know anything about Experimental licensing in Spain, but in the US, there is no testing done by the government, they might try and steer you in a safe direction, but in the end, you’ll be allowed to fly anything in the Experimental
    Amateur Built category ………..solo!

JJ

Your pictures show what I’m sure is epoxy glue, the designer recommended Hughs Epoxy which is white. Anyway, let’s assume the glue is OK, because epoxy doesn’t degrade much over time! The real issue I would have is your approximately 65 Kg (143 #)
    OVER design gross weight which is 205Kg (450#).
    Empty weight……180Kg ( your figure)
    Fuel…………………..3kg
    Pilot & parachute…….87Kg
    Total flying weight……270 Kg

The Maxim Recommended Gross Weight is 205 Kg! Your 65 Kg (143#) over the design gross weight !
    BTW, Here a Woodstock came apart in moderate wave conditions, both wings departed and the pilot was killed! The accident Report didn’t mention anything about ship being overweight or pilot flying in excess of design airspeed limits

Food for thought,
    JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jose ferreira@21:1/5 to All on Wed Apr 12 17:50:12 2023
    Another deail I forgot,

The real owner flew the plane motorized 60 hours before get ill with provisional license, till around 2015.
    Later the second owner changed the motor for another one (same or litle less weight, one cylinder instead 3), and ended the license process.
    He made a video on that time. The pilot is the colaborator. Data of the video is around 2018. But the thing is that the woodstock was already motorized, so I think must be similar to the 107kg (this one is 13.2 version), maybe a little bit more.
    Motor 11kg.
    Balistic parachute, around 8kg
    Lets consider a pilot of 70kg that should be
    107+11+8+70= 196

The guy said me it had 30l for fuel on the wings, probably also lie. But anyway should be not much bandwith for fuel to fit the 205kg, should be theorical 226kg, so you are right, issues to think about

Here is the video: https://youtu.be/GLpCE_QlYk8

Thank you for your tips.

El jueves, 13 de abril de 2023 a las 1:50:07 UTC+2, John Sinclair escribió:

The glider got the licence to fly date 2022, so I´m not sure if there existe a "known" problem, or instead just "unkown", just because the original builder died between 2015- 2018 so is not posible to ask him what glue used or not. So is not

Thank you in advance.
    JJ
    JJ

I don’t know anything about Experimental licensing in Spain, but in the US, there is no testing done by the government, they might try and steer you in a safe direction, but in the end, you’ll be allowed to fly anything in the Experimental

JJ
    Your pictures show what I’m sure is epoxy glue, the designer recommended Hughs Epoxy which is white. Anyway, let’s assume the glue is OK, because epoxy doesn’t degrade much over time! The real issue I would have is your approximately 65 Kg (143 #)
    Fuel…………………..3kg
    Pilot & parachute…….87Kg

The Maxim Recommended Gross Weight is 205 Kg! Your 65 Kg (143#) over the design gross weight !
    BTW, Here a Woodstock came apart in moderate wave conditions, both wings departed and the pilot was killed! The accident Report didn’t mention anything about ship being overweight or pilot flying in excess of design airspeed limits

Food for thought,
    JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jose ferreira@21:1/5 to All on Wed Apr 12 17:17:27 2023
    Thank you for your reply.
    The guy who selled the Woodstock to me said me 180kg, in 99% is a lie or the first thought crossed his mind. He didn´t made the glider, and everything he told me about the glider was fantasy. He said he built the woodstock, made the integral cabin
    prototype, said was Private Pilot, said traveled on the Woodstock, all that was lie. When I met the aerodrome owner told me the whole story. This guy just bought the glider to the family of the real builder and never flied on it. Just finished the
    license requirements with another pilot colaboration.
    So forget the 180kg.
    The original design is 107 kg. I´ll try to find out a way to know the "real" weight.
    On the aviation registration data of this glider say what you say 205 max weight, and that was the registry on 1993 when the builder started the build, so it should be no sense it may weight 180kg, that must be a random invention from the guy who selled
    it to me. I´ll try to find a method to weigh the woodstock. Thank your for the point.

Thank you in advance.
    JJ
    JJ

JJ
    Fuel…………………..3kg
    Pilot & parachute…….87Kg

Food for thought,
    JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Sinclair@21:1/5 to jose ferreira on Thu Apr 13 07:35:06 2023
    On Wednesday, April 12, 2023 at 5:50:14 PM UTC-7, jose ferreira wrote:
    Another deail I forgot,

The real owner flew the plane motorized 60 hours before get ill with provisional license, till around 2015.
    Later the second owner changed the motor for another one (same or litle less weight, one cylinder instead 3), and ended the license process.
    He made a video on that time. The pilot is the colaborator. Data of the video is around 2018. But the thing is that the woodstock was already motorized, so I think must be similar to the 107kg (this one is 13.2 version), maybe a little bit more.
    Motor 11kg.
    107+11+8+70= 196

The guy said me it had 30l for fuel on the wings, probably also lie. But anyway should be not much bandwith for fuel to fit the 205kg, should be theorical 226kg, so you are right, issues to think about

Thank you for your tips.

Thank you in advance.
    JJ
    JJ

JJ
    Your pictures show what I’m sure is epoxy glue, the designer recommended Hughs Epoxy which is white. Anyway, let’s assume the glue is OK, because epoxy doesn’t degrade much over time! The real issue I would have is your approximately 65 Kg (143
    #) OVER design gross weight which is 205Kg (450#).
    Fuel…………………..3kg
    Pilot & parachute…….87Kg

Food for thought,
    JJ

There’s one more factor to ponder……….the original Woodstock was a 12 meter sailplane. The builder of your ship poked the span out to over13 + meters! If he didn’t strengthen the spar…….???

Over here, we have a small claims court where one can take a misrepresented sale like yours to a judge!

Good luck,
    JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jose ferreira@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 13 08:00:06 2023
    don´t understand the desire to criminalize me,
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maupin_Woodstock_One

There are 3 variants, 11.9, 12,5 and 13,1 winspan
    Plans and shems are on the web. The builder registered it on the spanish aerial security from start. After years of test and official procedures got the licence from the goverment: https://www.seguridadaerea.gob.es/

If sale a aircraft the have passed all that official procedures and it´s wrong, so my goverment and the own state arerial ageny should be to judge.. not me.
    Today I have beening replying from them that is categorized as microlight aircraft and can be piloted with the respective official license must be got and examined from the own agency.

Curious that you claim me going to court, while you confess there is absolute no control in your country, so anyone can fly whatever he likes? You are making a judgement wrong. Anyone on your contry can built whatever wants and fly it, and die, so is
    no crime because is not sale, right? but the fly can crash over a home and kill other people.
    You cannot do it here. You must have license to pilot the aircraft, the aircraft must have license, and must have accident insurance for third party cold damage.
    I suppose you are on USA, and seem you feel like that, you are the law and the morality over the world where the others are criminals, while on USA anyone can carry a gun or fly anything. Ironic.

El jueves, 13 de abril de 2023 a las 16:35:09 UTC+2, John Sinclair escribió:
    Another deail I forgot,

Motor 11kg.
    107+11+8+70= 196

Thank you for your tips.

Thank you in advance.
    JJ
    JJ

JJ
    Your pictures show what I’m sure is epoxy glue, the designer recommended Hughs Epoxy which is white. Anyway, let’s assume the glue is OK, because epoxy doesn’t degrade much over time! The real issue I would have is your approximately 65 Kg (
    143 #) OVER design gross weight which is 205Kg (450#).
    Fuel…………………..3kg
    Pilot & parachute…….87Kg

Food for thought,
    JJ
    There’s one more factor to ponder……….the original Woodstock was a 12 meter sailplane. The builder of your ship poked the span out to over13 + meters! If he didn’t strengthen the spar…….???

Over here, we have a small claims court where one can take a misrepresented sale like yours to a judge!

Good luck,
    JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Dan Goldman@21:1/5 to jose ferreira on Fri Apr 14 08:57:19 2023
    Mr. Sinclair here was trying to help you solve your problem.
    You don't seem to want to hear any advice. Instead to go into politics. That's nasty.
    Next time don't ask for advice from people who live in a country with "absolutely no control" regarding aviation.

Dan G
    On Thursday, April 13, 2023 at 11:00:08 AM UTC-4, jose ferreira wrote:
    don´t understand the desire to criminalize me, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maupin_Woodstock_One

Plans and shems are on the web. The builder registered it on the spanish aerial security from start. After years of test and official procedures got the licence from the goverment: https://www.seguridadaerea.gob.es/

If sale a aircraft the have passed all that official procedures and it´s wrong, so my goverment and the own state arerial ageny should be to judge.. not me.
    Today I have beening replying from them that is categorized as microlight aircraft and can be piloted with the respective official license must be got and examined from the own agency.

Curious that you claim me going to court, while you confess there is absolute no control in your country, so anyone can fly whatever he likes? You are making a judgement wrong. Anyone on your contry can built whatever wants and fly it, and die, so is
    no crime because is not sale, right? but the fly can crash over a home and kill other people.
    You cannot do it here. You must have license to pilot the aircraft, the aircraft must have license, and must have accident insurance for third party cold damage.
    I suppose you are on USA, and seem you feel like that, you are the law and the morality over the world where the others are criminals, while on USA anyone can carry a gun or fly anything. Ironic.
    Another deail I forgot,

Motor 11kg.
    107+11+8+70= 196

Thank you for your tips.

The glider got the licence to fly date 2022, so I´m not sure if there existe a "known" problem, or instead just "unkown", just because the original builder died between 2015- 2018 so is not posible to ask him what glue used or not. So is
    not posible to find out if there is any risk or if there isn´t.

Thank you in advance.
    JJ
    JJ

I don’t know anything about Experimental licensing in Spain, but in the US, there is no testing done by the government, they might try and steer you in a safe direction, but in the end, you’ll be allowed to fly anything in the
    Experimental Amateur Built category ………..solo!

JJ
    Your pictures show what I’m sure is epoxy glue, the designer recommended Hughs Epoxy which is white. Anyway, let’s assume the glue is OK, because epoxy doesn’t degrade much over time! The real issue I would have is your approximately 65 Kg (
    143 #) OVER design gross weight which is 205Kg (450#).
    Fuel…………………..3kg
    Pilot & parachute…….87Kg

Food for thought,
    JJ

Good luck,
    JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jose ferreira@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 14 09:34:22 2023
    First, I didn´t know this google group owned by an specific contry.
    Second, I didn´t said, even I didn´t know about the control there. He said it, not me.
    I just asked if any knowledge about glue. I received same feedback from Sinclair and a guy here. Both say it´s epoxy, so ok, thank you.
    I was blamed several times. First, bucket of worms, I should burn it, then the motor should be removed, then its not ok because 13.1 (there are three variants winspan).., whatever I said, the advice is I should be going to court for selling this.
    Still don´t know why. The only "suspect" was about the "glue" used by the man who built it, and two persons said me was Epoxy.
    In the other hand, I asked a glider school on Spain and reported me an story of a Schleicher ASK 13 model. A well known recognized glider manufacturer in Germany. Seems that, this model ASK 13 with 40 or 50 years old, have some accidents. He said me the
    investigation arrived to a conclusion of the glue used sometimes. They don´t know what serial number used that less good glue, date. Next day I was searching about gliders schools here in Spain and saw that one of that have a ASK 13, so I emailed him
    again asking why still was using this model. He replied me.. still there are world competition of this model, so I got shocked. There is a known issue with this model because of the years old and some ramdom glue used, but still used on schools, on
    competition ..., so I guess why no one send Schleicher to court? Regarding the Woodstock, I just received from the local owner aerodrome the advices of "I don´t know what glue he used, the builder died", so its just wonder, research, but seems it
    doesn´t matter. If Tesla have accidents because some cars accelerete and can´t top till crash, it´s ok, just a software problem. If Schleicher ASK 13 has a know issue related to age and glue discovered on accidents, seems doesn´t matter to stop
    using them. But.., if I just ask opinion about the glue used on one Woodstock, so I should be judged as soon as posible, because of the motor, the winspan, or whatever? So you say I reply about politics. I´m trying to find out any light about
    security (neutral), but seems that is more important if the seller is a millionaire or bilionaire company so they are innocent just after paying a penalty fee, but seems I´m presumed guilty. I´m open to any neutral advice, if exists that.

El viernes, 14 de abril de 2023 a las 17:57:22 UTC+2, Dan Goldman escribió:
    You don't seem to want to hear any advice. Instead to go into politics. That's nasty.
    Next time don't ask for advice from people who live in a country with "absolutely no control" regarding aviation.

Dan G
    On Thursday, April 13, 2023 at 11:00:08 AM UTC-4, jose ferreira wrote:
    don´t understand the desire to criminalize me, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maupin_Woodstock_One

Another deail I forgot,

Motor 11kg.
    107+11+8+70= 196

Thank you for your tips.

The glider got the licence to fly date 2022, so I´m not sure if there existe a "known" problem, or instead just "unkown", just because the original builder died between 2015- 2018 so is not posible to ask him what glue used or not. So is
    not posible to find out if there is any risk or if there isn´t.

Thank you in advance.
    JJ
    There are wooden gliders more than 90 years old, still flying. The real issue is how it has been maintained and stored, dry-rot is the main issue + the old animal based glue, that hasn’t been used since epoxy glues arrived 50 years
    ago.
    JJ

I don’t know anything about Experimental licensing in Spain, but in the US, there is no testing done by the government, they might try and steer you in a safe direction, but in the end, you’ll be allowed to fly anything in the
    Experimental Amateur Built category ………..solo!

JJ
    Your pictures show what I’m sure is epoxy glue, the designer recommended Hughs Epoxy which is white. Anyway, let’s assume the glue is OK, because epoxy doesn’t degrade much over time! The real issue I would have is your approximately 65
    Kg (143 #) OVER design gross weight which is 205Kg (450#).
    Empty weight……180Kg ( your figure) Fuel…………………..3kg
    Pilot & parachute…….87Kg

Food for thought,
    JJ

Good luck,
    JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Dan Marotta@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 14 11:35:04 2023
    SSB0aGluayB0aGlzIGlzIGp1c3QgYSBxdWVzdGlvbiBvZiBtaXN1bmRlcnN0YW5kaW5nIGVh Y2ggb3RoZXIncyBsYW5ndWFnZXMuDQoNCkkgdGhpbmsgSSByZWFkIE1yLiBGZXJyZWlyYSBz YXlpbmcgdGhhdCB0aGUgbWFuIHdobyBzb2xkIHRoZSBnbGlkZXIgdG8gDQpoaW0gdG9sZCBo aW0gbGllcyBhYm91dCB0aGUgY29uZGl0aW9uIG9mIHRoZSBnbGlkZXIuDQoNCk1yLiBTaW5j bGFpciBzYWlkIHRoYXQsIGluIHRoaXMgY291bnRyeSAoVVNBKSB3ZSBoYXZlIHNtYWxsIGNs YWltcyBjb3VydCANCndoZXJlIGFuIGluanVyZWQgcGFydHksIE1yIEZlcnJlaXJhLCBjYW4g aGF2ZSBhIGp1ZGdlIGF3YXJkIGhpbSBqdXN0aWNlIA0KaW4gdGhlIGZvcm0gb2YgY29tcGVu c2F0aW9uLg0KDQpJIHRoaW5rIE1yIEZlcnJlaXJhIG1pc3VuZGVyc3Rvb2QgTXIgU2luY2xh aXIgdGhpbmtpbmcgaGUgaGFkIGJlZW4gDQphY2N1c2VkIG9mIHNvbWUgd3JvbmcgZG9pbmcu ICBUaGF0IHdhcyBub3QgdGhlIGNhc2UuDQoNCkFuZCwgZm9yIHRoZSByZWNvcmQsIHJlYy5h dmlhdGlvbi5zb2FyaW5nLCBhbHNvIGtub3duIGFzIFJBUywgaXMgbm90IGEgDQpnb29nbGUg Z3JvdXAuICBHb29nbGUganVzdCBwaWNrZWQgaXQgdXAuDQoNCkRhbg0KNUoNCg0KT24gNC8x NC8yMyAxMDozNCwgam9zZSBmZXJyZWlyYSB3cm90ZToNCj4gICBGaXJzdCwgSSBkaWRuwrR0 IGtub3cgdGhpcyBnb29nbGUgZ3JvdXAgb3duZWQgYnkgYW4gc3BlY2lmaWMgY29udHJ5Lg0K PiBTZWNvbmQsIEkgZGlkbsK0dCBzYWlkLCBldmVuIEkgZGlkbsK0dCBrbm93IGFib3V0IHRo ZSBjb250cm9sIHRoZXJlLiBIZSBzYWlkIGl0LCBub3QgbWUuDQo+IEkganVzdCBhc2tlZCBp ZiBhbnkga25vd2xlZGdlIGFib3V0IGdsdWUuIEkgcmVjZWl2ZWQgc2FtZSBmZWVkYmFjayBm cm9tIFNpbmNsYWlyIGFuZCBhIGd1eSBoZXJlLiBCb3RoIHNheSBpdMK0cyBlcG94eSwgc28g b2ssIHRoYW5rIHlvdS4NCj4gICBJIHdhcyBibGFtZWQgc2V2ZXJhbCB0aW1lcy4gRmlyc3Qs IGJ1Y2tldCBvZiB3b3JtcywgSSBzaG91bGQgYnVybiBpdCwgIHRoZW4gdGhlIG1vdG9yIHNo b3VsZCBiZSByZW1vdmVkLCB0aGVuIGl0cyBub3Qgb2sgYmVjYXVzZSAxMy4xICh0aGVyZSBh cmUgdGhyZWUgdmFyaWFudHMgd2luc3BhbikuLiwgIHdoYXRldmVyIEkgc2FpZCwgdGhlIGFk dmljZSBpcyBJIHNob3VsZCBiZSBnb2luZyB0byBjb3VydCBmb3Igc2VsbGluZyB0aGlzLiBT dGlsbCBkb27CtHQga25vdyB3aHkuIFRoZSBvbmx5ICJzdXNwZWN0IiB3YXMgYWJvdXQgdGhl ICJnbHVlIiB1c2VkIGJ5IHRoZSBtYW4gd2hvIGJ1aWx0IGl0LCBhbmQgdHdvIHBlcnNvbnMg c2FpZCBtZSB3YXMgRXBveHkuDQo+ICAgSW4gdGhlIG90aGVyIGhhbmQsIEkgYXNrZWQgYSBn bGlkZXIgc2Nob29sIG9uIFNwYWluIGFuZCByZXBvcnRlZCBtZSBhbiBzdG9yeSBvZiBhIFNj aGxlaWNoZXIgQVNLIDEzIG1vZGVsLiBBIHdlbGwga25vd24gcmVjb2duaXplZCBnbGlkZXIg bWFudWZhY3R1cmVyIGluIEdlcm1hbnkuIFNlZW1zIHRoYXQsIHRoaXMgbW9kZWwgQVNLIDEz IHdpdGggNDAgb3IgNTAgeWVhcnMgb2xkLCBoYXZlIHNvbWUgYWNjaWRlbnRzLiBIZSBzYWlk IG1lIHRoZSBpbnZlc3RpZ2F0aW9uIGFycml2ZWQgdG8gYSBjb25jbHVzaW9uIG9mIHRoZSBn bHVlIHVzZWQgc29tZXRpbWVzLiBUaGV5IGRvbsK0dCBrbm93IHdoYXQgc2VyaWFsIG51bWJl ciB1c2VkIHRoYXQgbGVzcyBnb29kIGdsdWUsIGRhdGUuICBOZXh0IGRheSBJIHdhcyBzZWFy Y2hpbmcgYWJvdXQgZ2xpZGVycyBzY2hvb2xzIGhlcmUgaW4gU3BhaW4gYW5kIHNhdyB0aGF0 IG9uZSBvZiB0aGF0IGhhdmUgYSBBU0sgMTMsIHNvIEkgZW1haWxlZCBoaW0gYWdhaW4gYXNr aW5nIHdoeSBzdGlsbCB3YXMgdXNpbmcgdGhpcyBtb2RlbC4gSGUgcmVwbGllZCBtZS4uIHN0 aWxsIHRoZXJlIGFyZSB3b3JsZCBjb21wZXRpdGlvbiBvZiB0aGlzIG1vZGVsLCBzbyBJIGdv dCBzaG9ja2VkLiAgVGhlcmUgaXMgYSBrbm93biBpc3N1ZSB3aXRoIHRoaXMgbW9kZWwgYmVj YXVzZSBvZiB0aGUgeWVhcnMgb2xkIGFuZCBzb21lIHJhbWRvbSBnbHVlIHVzZWQsIGJ1dCBz dGlsbCB1c2VkIG9uIHNjaG9vbHMsIG9uIGNvbXBldGl0aW9uIC4uLiwgc28gSSBndWVzcyB3 aHkgbm8gb25lIHNlbmQgU2NobGVpY2hlciB0byBjb3VydD8gICAgUmVnYXJkaW5nIHRoZSBX b29kc3RvY2ssIEkganVzdCByZWNlaXZlZCBmcm9tIHRoZSBsb2NhbCBvd25lciBhZXJvZHJv bWUgdGhlIGFkdmljZXMgb2YgIkkgZG9uwrR0IGtub3cgd2hhdCBnbHVlIGhlIHVzZWQsIHRo ZSBidWlsZGVyIGRpZWQiLCBzbyBpdHMganVzdCB3b25kZXIsIHJlc2VhcmNoLCBidXQgc2Vl bXMgaXQgZG9lc27CtHQgbWF0dGVyLiBJZiBUZXNsYSBoYXZlIGFjY2lkZW50cyBiZWNhdXNl IHNvbWUgY2FycyBhY2NlbGVyZXRlIGFuZCBjYW7CtHQgdG9wIHRpbGwgY3Jhc2gsIGl0wrRz IG9rLCBqdXN0IGEgc29mdHdhcmUgcHJvYmxlbS4gIElmIFNjaGxlaWNoZXIgQVNLIDEzIGhh cyBhIGtub3cgaXNzdWUgcmVsYXRlZCB0byBhZ2UgYW5kIGdsdWUgZGlzY292ZXJlZCBvbiBh Y2NpZGVudHMsIHNlZW1zIGRvZXNuwrR0IG1hdHRlciB0byBzdG9wIHVzaW5nIHRoZW0uICBC dXQuLiwgaWYgSSBqdXN0IGFzayBvcGluaW9uIGFib3V0IHRoZSBnbHVlIHVzZWQgb24gb25l IFdvb2RzdG9jaywgc28gSSBzaG91bGQgYmUganVkZ2VkIGFzIHNvb24gYXMgcG9zaWJsZSwg YmVjYXVzZSBvZiB0aGUgbW90b3IsIHRoZSB3aW5zcGFuLCBvciB3aGF0ZXZlcj8gICBTbyB5 b3Ugc2F5IEkgcmVwbHkgYWJvdXQgcG9saXRpY3MuIEnCtG0gdHJ5aW5nIHRvIGZpbmQgb3V0 IGFueSBsaWdodCBhYm91dCBzZWN1cml0eSAobmV1dHJhbCksIGJ1dCBzZWVtcyB0aGF0IGlz IG1vcmUgaW1wb3J0YW50IGlmIHRoZSBzZWxsZXIgaXMgYSBtaWxsaW9uYWlyZSBvciBiaWxp b25haXJlIGNvbXBhbnkgc28gdGhleSBhcmUgaW5ub2NlbnQganVzdCBhZnRlciBwYXlpbmcg YSBwZW5hbHR5IGZlZSwgYnV0IHNlZW1zIEnCtG0gcHJlc3VtZWQgZ3VpbHR5LiAgScK0bSBv cGVuIHRvIGFueSBuZXV0cmFsIGFkdmljZSwgaWYgZXhpc3RzIHRoYXQuDQo+IA0KPiANCj4g RWwgdmllcm5lcywgMTQgZGUgYWJyaWwgZGUgMjAyMyBhIGxhcyAxNzo1NzoyMiBVVEMrMiwg RGFuIEdvbGRtYW4gZXNjcmliacOzOg0KPj4gTXIuIFNpbmNsYWlyIGhlcmUgd2FzIHRyeWlu ZyB0byBoZWxwIHlvdSBzb2x2ZSB5b3VyIHByb2JsZW0uDQo+PiBZb3UgZG9uJ3Qgc2VlbSB0 byB3YW50IHRvIGhlYXIgYW55IGFkdmljZS4gSW5zdGVhZCB0byBnbyBpbnRvIHBvbGl0aWNz LiBUaGF0J3MgbmFzdHkuDQo+PiBOZXh0IHRpbWUgZG9uJ3QgYXNrIGZvciBhZHZpY2UgZnJv bSBwZW9wbGUgd2hvIGxpdmUgaW4gYSBjb3VudHJ5IHdpdGggImFic29sdXRlbHkgbm8gY29u dHJvbCIgcmVnYXJkaW5nIGF2aWF0aW9uLg0KPj4NCj4+IERhbiBHDQo+PiBPbiBUaHVyc2Rh eSwgQXByaWwgMTMsIDIwMjMgYXQgMTE6MDA6MDjigK9BTSBVVEMtNCwgam9zZSBmZXJyZWly YSB3cm90ZToNCj4+PiBkb27CtHQgdW5kZXJzdGFuZCB0aGUgZGVzaXJlIHRvIGNyaW1pbmFs aXplIG1lLA0KPj4+IGh0dHBzOi8vZW4ud2lraXBlZGlhLm9yZy93aWtpL01hdXBpbl9Xb29k c3RvY2tfT25lDQo+Pj4NCj4+PiBUaGVyZSBhcmUgMyB2YXJpYW50cywgMTEuOSwgMTIsNSBh bmQgMTMsMSB3aW5zcGFuDQo+Pj4gUGxhbnMgYW5kIHNoZW1zIGFyZSBvbiB0aGUgd2ViLiBU aGUgYnVpbGRlciByZWdpc3RlcmVkIGl0IG9uIHRoZSBzcGFuaXNoIGFlcmlhbCBzZWN1cml0 eSBmcm9tIHN0YXJ0LiBBZnRlciB5ZWFycyBvZiB0ZXN0IGFuZCBvZmZpY2lhbCBwcm9jZWR1 cmVzIGdvdCB0aGUgbGljZW5jZSBmcm9tIHRoZSBnb3Zlcm1lbnQ6IGh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LnNl Z3VyaWRhZGFlcmVhLmdvYi5lcy8NCj4+Pg0KPj4+IElmIHNhbGUgYSBhaXJjcmFmdCB0aGUg aGF2ZSBwYXNzZWQgYWxsIHRoYXQgb2ZmaWNpYWwgcHJvY2VkdXJlcyBhbmQgaXTCtHMgd3Jv bmcsIHNvIG15IGdvdmVybWVudCBhbmQgdGhlIG93biBzdGF0ZSBhcmVyaWFsIGFnZW55IHNo b3VsZCBiZSB0byBqdWRnZS4uIG5vdCBtZS4NCj4+PiBUb2RheSBJIGhhdmUgYmVlbmluZyBy ZXBseWluZyBmcm9tIHRoZW0gdGhhdCBpcyBjYXRlZ29yaXplZCBhcyBtaWNyb2xpZ2h0IGFp cmNyYWZ0IGFuZCBjYW4gYmUgcGlsb3RlZCB3aXRoIHRoZSByZXNwZWN0aXZlIG9mZmljaWFs IGxpY2Vuc2UgbXVzdCBiZSBnb3QgYW5kIGV4YW1pbmVkIGZyb20gdGhlIG93biBhZ2VuY3ku DQo+Pj4NCj4+PiBDdXJpb3VzIHRoYXQgeW91IGNsYWltIG1lIGdvaW5nIHRvIGNvdXJ0LCB3 aGlsZSB5b3UgY29uZmVzcyB0aGVyZSBpcyBhYnNvbHV0ZSBubyBjb250cm9sIGluIHlvdXIg Y291bnRyeSwgc28gYW55b25lIGNhbiBmbHkgd2hhdGV2ZXIgaGUgbGlrZXM/IFlvdSBhcmUg bWFraW5nIGEganVkZ2VtZW50IHdyb25nLiBBbnlvbmUgb24geW91ciBjb250cnkgY2FuIGJ1 aWx0IHdoYXRldmVyIHdhbnRzIGFuZCBmbHkgaXQsIGFuZCBkaWUsIHNvIGlzIG5vIGNyaW1l IGJlY2F1c2UgaXMgbm90IHNhbGUsIHJpZ2h0PyBidXQgdGhlIGZseSBjYW4gY3Jhc2ggb3Zl ciBhIGhvbWUgYW5kIGtpbGwgb3RoZXIgcGVvcGxlLg0KPj4+IFlvdSBjYW5ub3QgZG8gaXQg aGVyZS4gWW91IG11c3QgaGF2ZSBsaWNlbnNlIHRvIHBpbG90IHRoZSBhaXJjcmFmdCwgdGhl IGFpcmNyYWZ0IG11c3QgaGF2ZSBsaWNlbnNlLCBhbmQgbXVzdCBoYXZlIGFjY2lkZW50IGlu c3VyYW5jZSBmb3IgdGhpcmQgcGFydHkgY29sZCBkYW1hZ2UuDQo+Pj4gSSBzdXBwb3NlIHlv dSBhcmUgb24gVVNBLCBhbmQgc2VlbSB5b3UgZmVlbCBsaWtlIHRoYXQsIHlvdSBhcmUgdGhl IGxhdyBhbmQgdGhlIG1vcmFsaXR5IG92ZXIgdGhlIHdvcmxkIHdoZXJlIHRoZSBvdGhlcnMg YXJlIGNyaW1pbmFscywgd2hpbGUgb24gVVNBIGFueW9uZSBjYW4gY2FycnkgYSBndW4gb3Ig Zmx5IGFueXRoaW5nLiBJcm9uaWMuDQo+Pj4gRWwganVldmVzLCAxMyBkZSBhYnJpbCBkZSAy MDIzIGEgbGFzIDE2OjM1OjA5IFVUQysyLCBKb2huIFNpbmNsYWlyIGVzY3JpYmnDszoNCj4+ Pj4gT24gV2VkbmVzZGF5LCBBcHJpbCAxMiwgMjAyMyBhdCA1OjUwOjE04oCvUE0gVVRDLTcs IGpvc2UgZmVycmVpcmEgd3JvdGU6DQo+Pj4+PiBBbm90aGVyIGRlYWlsIEkgZm9yZ290LA0K Pj4+Pj4NCj4+Pj4+IFRoZSByZWFsIG93bmVyIGZsZXcgdGhlIHBsYW5lIG1vdG9yaXplZCA2 MCBob3VycyBiZWZvcmUgZ2V0IGlsbCB3aXRoIHByb3Zpc2lvbmFsIGxpY2Vuc2UsIHRpbGwg YXJvdW5kIDIwMTUuDQo+Pj4+PiBMYXRlciB0aGUgc2Vjb25kIG93bmVyIGNoYW5nZWQgdGhl IG1vdG9yIGZvciBhbm90aGVyIG9uZSAoc2FtZSBvciBsaXRsZSBsZXNzIHdlaWdodCwgb25l IGN5bGluZGVyIGluc3RlYWQgMyksIGFuZCBlbmRlZCB0aGUgbGljZW5zZSBwcm9jZXNzLg0K Pj4+Pj4gSGUgbWFkZSBhIHZpZGVvIG9uIHRoYXQgdGltZS4gVGhlIHBpbG90IGlzIHRoZSBj b2xhYm9yYXRvci4gRGF0YSBvZiB0aGUgdmlkZW8gaXMgYXJvdW5kIDIwMTguIEJ1dCB0aGUg dGhpbmcgaXMgdGhhdCB0aGUgd29vZHN0b2NrIHdhcyBhbHJlYWR5IG1vdG9yaXplZCwgc28g SSB0aGluayBtdXN0IGJlIHNpbWlsYXIgdG8gdGhlIDEwN2tnICh0aGlzIG9uZSBpcyAxMy4y IHZlcnNpb24pLCBtYXliZSBhIGxpdHRsZSBiaXQgbW9yZS4NCj4+Pj4+IE1vdG9yIDExa2cu DQo+Pj4+PiBCYWxpc3RpYyBwYXJhY2h1dGUsIGFyb3VuZCA4a2cNCj4+Pj4+IExldHMgY29u c2lkZXIgYSBwaWxvdCBvZiA3MGtnIHRoYXQgc2hvdWxkIGJlDQo+Pj4+PiAxMDcrMTErOCs3 MD0gMTk2DQo+Pj4+Pg0KPj4+Pj4gVGhlIGd1eSBzYWlkIG1lIGl0IGhhZCAzMGwgZm9yIGZ1 ZWwgb24gdGhlIHdpbmdzLCBwcm9iYWJseSBhbHNvIGxpZS4gQnV0IGFueXdheSBzaG91bGQg YmUgbm90IG11Y2ggYmFuZHdpdGggZm9yIGZ1ZWwgdG8gZml0IHRoZSAyMDVrZywgc2hvdWxk IGJlIHRoZW9yaWNhbCAyMjZrZywgc28geW91IGFyZSByaWdodCwgaXNzdWVzIHRvIHRoaW5r IGFib3V0DQo+Pj4+Pg0KPj4+Pj4gSGVyZSBpcyB0aGUgdmlkZW86IGh0dHBzOi8veW91dHUu YmUvR0xwQ0VfUWxZazgNCj4+Pj4+DQo+Pj4+PiBUaGFuayB5b3UgZm9yIHlvdXIgdGlwcy4N Cj4+Pj4+IEVsIGp1ZXZlcywgMTMgZGUgYWJyaWwgZGUgMjAyMyBhIGxhcyAxOjUwOjA3IFVU QysyLCBKb2huIFNpbmNsYWlyIGVzY3JpYmnDszoNCj4+Pj4+PiBPbiBXZWRuZXNkYXksIEFw cmlsIDEyLCAyMDIzIGF0IDI6MzQ6NTXigK9QTSBVVEMtNywgam9zZSBmZXJyZWlyYSB3cm90 ZToNCj4+Pj4+Pj4gQ2FuwrR0IHNlbnQgaXQgYmFjaywgdG9vIGxhdGUuIEkgYXNrZWQgYSBm cmllbmQsIHNob3dlZCBhIHBpYyBmcm9tIHRoZSBmdXNlbGFnZSBhbmQgc2FpZCBpcyBFcG94 eSwgYWx0aG91Z2ggaGUgc2F5IEVwb3h5IGlzIG5vdCB3aGl0ZSwgaXMgdHJhbnNwYXJlbnQu IEkgaGF2ZSBFcG94eSBhdCBob21lIGZvciBob21lIGZpZ3VyZXMgYW5kIGlzIHRyYW5zcGFy ZW50LCBub3Qgd2hpdGUuDQo+Pj4+Pj4+DQo+Pj4+Pj4+IFJlZ2FyZGluZyBTcGFpbiAsIHRv IGZseSBsZWdhbCBtdXN0IHBhc3MgYSBsYXJnZSB0aW1lIGluc3BlY3Rpb24gdG8gZ2V0IHRo ZSBsaWNlbnNlLCB0aGF0IHN0YXJ0ZWQgOCB5ZWFycyBhZ28uIEV2ZW4geW91IGNhbm5vdCBj aGFuZ2UgYW55IG90aGVyIHBhcnQsIGxpa2UgbW90b3IsIGlmIHlvdSBkbyBpdCB3aXRob3V0 IHRoZSBzdXBlcnZpc2lvbiB5b3UgbG9zdCB0aGUgbGljZW5zZS4NCj4+Pj4+Pj4gSGVyZSBh cmUgdHdvIHBpY3MgaHR0cHM6Ly9kcml2ZS5nb29nbGUuY29tL2RyaXZlL2ZvbGRlcnMvMU91 VGljSmdMaWh3aTZReF9oZ0RQQjBrREdKN2w5bV9xP3VzcD1zaGFyZV9saW5rDQo+Pj4+Pj4+ IEVsIG1pw6lyY29sZXMsIDEyIGRlIGFicmlsIGRlIDIwMjMgYSBsYXMgMjE6NTQ6MjMgVVRD KzIsIEpvaG4gU2luY2xhaXIgZXNjcmliacOzOg0KPj4+Pj4+Pj4gTk9uIFdlZG5lc2RheSwg QXByaWwgMTIsIDIwMjMgYXQgODozMTo1MOKAr0FNIFVUQy03LCBqb3NlIGZlcnJlaXJhIHdy b3RlOg0KPj4+Pj4+Pj4+IFRoYW5rIHlvdS4gVGhlIG1vdG9yIHdlaWdodHMgMTEga2cuIFRo ZSBlbnRpcmUgV29vZHN0b2NrIGlzIGFib3V0IDE4MGtnLiBJIHRoaW5rIHRoYXQgMTFrZyBj b3VsZCBiZSB0aGUgd2VpZ2h0IGRpZmZlcmVuY2Ugb2YgYSBwaWxvdCBvZiA4MGtnIG9yIGFu b3RoZXIgcGlsb3QuDQo+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4NCj4+Pj4+Pj4+PiBUaGUgV29vZHN0b2NrIHdhcyBp biBhIGFlcm9kcm9tZSBmb3Igc29tZSB5ZWFycyBzaW5jZSAyMDE1LkNsaW1hdGUgaXMgcXVp dGUgaG90IGFuZCBkcnkgb24gdGhlIHNvdXRoIG9mIFNwYWluLg0KPj4+Pj4+Pj4+IFRoZSBn bGlkZXIgZ290IHRoZSBsaWNlbmNlIHRvIGZseSBkYXRlIDIwMjIsIHNvIEnCtG0gbm90IHN1 cmUgaWYgdGhlcmUgZXhpc3RlIGEgImtub3duIiBwcm9ibGVtLCBvciBpbnN0ZWFkIGp1c3Qg InVua293biIsIGp1c3QgYmVjYXVzZSB0aGUgb3JpZ2luYWwgYnVpbGRlciBkaWVkIGJldHdl ZW4gMjAxNS0gMjAxOCBzbyBpcyBub3QgcG9zaWJsZSB0byBhc2sgaGltIHdoYXQgZ2x1ZSB1 c2VkIG9yIG5vdC4gU28gaXMgbm90IHBvc2libGUgdG8gZmluZCBvdXQgaWYgdGhlcmUgaXMg YW55IHJpc2sgb3IgaWYgdGhlcmUgaXNuwrR0Lg0KPj4+Pj4+Pj4+DQo+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4gSXTC tHMgc3VwcG9zZWQgdGhhdCB0aGUgZ2xpZGVyIHBhc3NlZCBzb21lIHJlc2lzdGVuY2UgdGVz dGluZyB0byBnZXQgdGhlIGdvdmVybWVudCBsaWNlbmNlLCB0aGF0IHdhcyA4IHllYXJzIGFn by4gU28gbGVnYWxseSBpdCBoYXMgdGhlIG9maWNjaWFsIGxpY2VuY2UgdG8gZmx5IGRhdGUg MjAyMi4gSXMgaXQgc2VjdXJlPyBJIHJlYWxseSBkb27CtHQga25vdy4NCj4+Pj4+Pj4+PiBJ ZiBpdMK0cyBub3QsIGl0cyBzdXBwb3NlZCB0aGV5IHNob3VsZCBub3QgZ2l2ZSB0aGUgZ2xp ZGVyIHRoZSBsaWNlbmNlLCBidXQgSSBkb27CtHQga25vdyBob3cgdGhleSBzdHJpY3QgZXZh bHVhdGUgZXhwZXJpbWVudGFsIGFpcmNyYWZ0cy4NCj4+Pj4+Pj4+PiBJIHdhcyBqdXN0IGFk dmVyc3Rpc2VkIGFib3V0IHRoZSBhZ2Ugb2YgdGhlIHVuaXQsIGFuZCB0aGUgdW5rbm93biBn bHVlIHVzZWQsIGp1c3QgYmVjYXVzZSB0aGUgbWFuIGRpZWQuDQo+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4NCj4+Pj4+ Pj4+PiBCdXQgeW91IGFyZSByaWdodCwgaGUgc2hvdWxkIG1pZ2h0IGFkdmVydGlzZSBtZSBi ZWZvcmUgYnV5IGl0LiBOb3cgSSBoYXZlIHRoZSBkb3VidCBhbmQgbXVzdCBidXJuIGl0PyBJ IGhhdmUgbm8gZXhwZXJpZW5jZS4gSGF2ZSBjb250YWN0ZWQgdG8gb3RoZXIgcGVwbGUgYW5k IHNlZW0gbm9ib2R5IHNlZW0gdG8ga25vdyBpZiB0aGVyZSBpcyBzb21lIHNlY3VyaXR5IHRo aW5nIHRvIGJlIGFmcmFpZCBvciBub3QuDQo+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4NCj4+Pj4+Pj4+PiBXaGF0IGlz IHRoZSBrZXkgdG8gY29uc2lkZXIgaXQgYSAiIGJ1Y2tldCBvZiB3b3JtcyI/DQo+Pj4+Pj4+ Pj4gRWwgbWnDqXJjb2xlcywgMTIgZGUgYWJyaWwgZGUgMjAyMyBhIGxhcyAxNTo1Njo1NyBV VEMrMiwgSm9obiBTaW5jbGFpciBlc2NyaWJpw7M6DQo+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4+IE9uIFdlZG5lc2Rh eSwgQXByaWwgMTIsIDIwMjMgYXQgNTo1NzozM+KAr0FNIFVUQy03LCBqb3NlIGZlcnJlaXJh IHdyb3RlOg0KPj4+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4gRWwgbWnDqXJjb2xlcywgMTIgZGUgYWJyaWwgZGUgMjAy MyBhIGxhcyAxNDo1NDo1MyBVVEMrMiwgam9zZSBmZXJyZWlyYSBlc2NyaWJpw7M6DQo+Pj4+ Pj4+Pj4+Pj4gRWwgbWnDqXJjb2xlcywgMTIgZGUgYWJyaWwgZGUgMjAyMyBhIGxhcyAxOjA2 OjI2IFVUQysyLCBKb2huIFNpbmNsYWlyIGVzY3JpYmnDszoNCj4+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4gT24g VHVlc2RheSwgQXByaWwgMTEsIDIwMjMgYXQgMzowNToxOOKAr1BNIFVUQy03LCBqb3NlIGZl cnJlaXJhIHdyb3RlOg0KPj4+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4gSGVsbG8sIEkgaGF2ZSBib3VnaHQgYSBt b3Rvcml6ZWQgd29vZHN0b2NrIG9uZS4gQnVpbGRlciBzdGFydGVkIGl0IGF0IDE5OTMsIGJ1 dCBoZSBkaWVkIGFyb3VuZCAyMDE1IGRpc2Vhc2UuDQo+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4+PiBUaGUgbWFu IG9uIHRoZSBBZXJvZHJvbWUsIGhhZCBkb3VidHMgYWJvdXQgdGhlIGZseWluZyBzZWN1cml0 eSBiZWNhdXNlIGhlIHNhaWQgaGUgZGlkbid0IGtub3cgdGhlIGdsdWUgd2FzIHVzZWQgYW5k IHNpbmNlIGl0cyAzMCB5ZWFycyBvbGQgZnJvbSB0aGUgc3RhcnQgcHJvamVjdCBvdGhlciBp cyBubyB3YXJyYW50eSBhYm91dCBmbHlpbmcgaXQgc2VjdXJlLg0KPj4+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4g QW55IG9mIHlvdSBoYXZlIGtub3dsZWRnZSBhYm91dCB0aGUgY29uc3RydWN0aW9uIG9mIHRo aXMgZ2xpZGVyLCBzbyBpZiBjb3VsZCBiZSBnbHVlIGRlZ3JhZGF0aW9uIGRlcGVuZGluZz8g SSBoYXZlIG5vIGlkZWEgaG93IHRvIGNoZWNrIGl0Lg0KPj4+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4gVGhhbmsg eW91IGluIGFkdmFuY2UuDQo+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4+IFRoZSByZWNvbW1lbmRlZCBnbHVlIHdh cyBIdWdocyBFcG94eSB3aGljaCBpcyB3aGl0ZSBpbiBjb2xvciBhbmQgZG9lcyBub3QgZGVn cmFkZSBvdmVyIHRpbWUuDQo+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4+IEpKDQo+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4gRG9uwrR0 IGtub3cgaWYgY2FuIGJlIHN1cGVydmlzZWQgb3IgcmVzdG9yZWQuIElmIGFueW9uZSB3YW50 IG9uZSBhbHJlYWR5IGJ1aWx0LCBJIGhhdmUgb25lIGZvciBzYWxlLiBIYXZlIG5vIGlkZWEg d2hhdCBnbHVlIHdhcyB1c2VkLg0KPj4+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4gSSBjb3VsZCBiZSBmbHlpbmcgaXQs IGJ1dCBpbnN0cnVjdG9ycyBzYXkgY291bGQgYmUgcmlza3kgc2luY2UgY29uc3RydWN0aW9u IHN0YXJ0ZWQgb24gMTk5Mywgc28gcGFydHMgb2YgdGhlIGdsaWRlciBhcmUgMzAgeWVhcnMg b2xkLCBzbyBubyB3YXJyYW50eSBhYm91dCB0aGUgc2VjdXJpdHksIEkgcmVhbGx5IGRvbsK0 dCBrbm93Lg0KPj4+Pj4+Pj4+PiBUaGVyZSBhcmUgd29vZGVuIGdsaWRlcnMgbW9yZSB0aGFu IDkwIHllYXJzIG9sZCwgc3RpbGwgZmx5aW5nLiBUaGUgcmVhbCBpc3N1ZSBpcyBob3cgaXQg aGFzIGJlZW4gbWFpbnRhaW5lZCBhbmQgc3RvcmVkLCBkcnktcm90IGlzIHRoZSBtYWluIGlz c3VlICsgdGhlIG9sZCBhbmltYWwgYmFzZWQgZ2x1ZSwgdGhhdCBoYXNu4oCZdCBiZWVuIHVz ZWQgc2luY2UgZXBveHkgZ2x1ZXMgYXJyaXZlZCA1MCB5ZWFycyBhZ28uDQo+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4+ IEkgd291bGQgYmUgbW9yZSBjb25jZXJuZWQgYWJvdXQgdGhlIGFkZGl0aW9uIG9mIGEgbW90 b3IgdG8gYSBsaWdodCB3ZWlnaHQgc2hpcC4gSXQgaGFzIGdvdCB0byBiZSB3YXkgb3ZlciBn cm9zcyB3ZWlnaHQuIE5vYm9keSBpbiB0aGVpciByaWdodCBtaW5kIGlzIGdvaW5nIHRvIGJ1 eSBpbnRvIHRoYXQgYnVja2V0IG9mIHdvcm1zIQ0KPj4+Pj4+Pj4+PiBJ4oCZZCByZW1vdmUg dGhlIG1vdG9yLCBwcm9wLCBiYXR0ZXJ5IGFuZCBpbnN0cnVtZW50cyBhbmQgc2VsbCB0aGVt IHNlcGFyYXRlbHkgYW5kIGNvbnNpZGVyIGJ1cm5pbmcgdGhlIHJlc3QuIEkgYmVsaWV2ZSB0 aGVyZSBpcyBsaWFiaWxpdHkgYXNzb2NpYXRlZCB3aXRoIHNlbGxpbmcgYW55dGhpbmcgd2l0 aCBrbm93biB1bmRpc2Nsb3NlZCBwcm9ibGVtcyENCj4+Pj4+Pj4+Pj4gSkoNCj4+Pj4+Pj4+ IEZpcnN0IHRoaW5ncyBmaXJzdOKApuKApuKApuKApmdvIGxvb2sgYXQgYW55IGdsdWUgc2Vh bSBvbiB0aGUgc2hpcOKApuKApuKApuKApi5pZiBpdOKAmXMgd2hpdGUgaW4gY29sb3IsIGl0 4oCZcyBwcm9iYWJseSBlcG94eSBnbHVlIHRoYXQgZG9lc27igJl0IGRldGVyaW9yYXRlIQ0K Pj4+Pj4+Pj4NCj4+Pj4+Pj4+IEkgZG9u4oCZdCBrbm93IGFueXRoaW5nIGFib3V0IEV4cGVy aW1lbnRhbCBsaWNlbnNpbmcgaW4gU3BhaW4sIGJ1dCBpbiB0aGUgVVMsIHRoZXJlIGlzIG5v IHRlc3RpbmcgZG9uZSBieSB0aGUgZ292ZXJubWVudCwgdGhleSBtaWdodCB0cnkgYW5kIHN0 ZWVyIHlvdSBpbiBhIHNhZmUgZGlyZWN0aW9uLCBidXQgaW4gdGhlIGVuZCwgeW914oCZbGwg YmUgYWxsb3dlZCB0byBmbHkgYW55dGhpbmcgaW4gdGhlIEV4cGVyaW1lbnRhbCBBbWF0ZXVy IEJ1aWx0IGNhdGVnb3J5IOKApuKApuKApi4uc29sbyENCj4+Pj4+Pj4+DQo+Pj4+Pj4+PiBZ b3Ugc2FpZCB5b3UgcmVjZW50bHkgcHVyY2hhc2VkIHRoZSBzaGlwLCBJ4oCZZCB0YWtlIGl0 IGJhY2shDQo+Pj4+Pj4+PiBKSg0KPj4+Pj4+IFlvdXIgcGljdHVyZXMgc2hvdyB3aGF0IEni gJltIHN1cmUgaXMgZXBveHkgZ2x1ZSwgdGhlIGRlc2lnbmVyIHJlY29tbWVuZGVkIEh1Z2hz IEVwb3h5IHdoaWNoIGlzIHdoaXRlLiBBbnl3YXksIGxldOKAmXMgYXNzdW1lIHRoZSBnbHVl IGlzIE9LLCBiZWNhdXNlIGVwb3h5IGRvZXNu4oCZdCBkZWdyYWRlIG11Y2ggb3ZlciB0aW1l ISBUaGUgcmVhbCBpc3N1ZSBJIHdvdWxkIGhhdmUgaXMgeW91ciBhcHByb3hpbWF0ZWx5IDY1 IEtnICgxNDMgIykgT1ZFUiBkZXNpZ24gZ3Jvc3Mgd2VpZ2h0IHdoaWNoIGlzIDIwNUtnICg0 NTAjKS4NCj4+Pj4+PiBFbXB0eSB3ZWlnaHTigKbigKYxODBLZyAoIHlvdXIgZmlndXJlKQ0K Pj4+Pj4+IEZ1ZWzigKbigKbigKbigKbigKbigKbigKYuLjNrZw0KPj4+Pj4+IFBpbG90ICYg cGFyYWNodXRl4oCm4oCmLjg3S2cNCj4+Pj4+PiBUb3RhbCBmbHlpbmcgd2VpZ2h04oCm4oCm MjcwIEtnDQo+Pj4+Pj4NCj4+Pj4+PiBUaGUgTWF4aW0gUmVjb21tZW5kZWQgR3Jvc3MgV2Vp Z2h0IGlzIDIwNSBLZyEgWW91ciA2NSBLZyAoMTQzIykgb3ZlciB0aGUgZGVzaWduIGdyb3Nz IHdlaWdodCAhDQo+Pj4+Pj4gQlRXLCBIZXJlIGEgV29vZHN0b2NrIGNhbWUgYXBhcnQgaW4g bW9kZXJhdGUgd2F2ZSBjb25kaXRpb25zLCBib3RoIHdpbmdzIGRlcGFydGVkIGFuZCB0aGUg cGlsb3Qgd2FzIGtpbGxlZCEgVGhlIGFjY2lkZW50IFJlcG9ydCBkaWRu4oCZdCBtZW50aW9u IGFueXRoaW5nIGFib3V0IHNoaXAgYmVpbmcgb3ZlcndlaWdodCBvciBwaWxvdCBmbHlpbmcg aW4gZXhjZXNzIG9mIGRlc2lnbiBhaXJzcGVlZCBsaW1pdHMNCj4+Pj4+Pg0KPj4+Pj4+IEZv b2QgZm9yIHRob3VnaHQsDQo+Pj4+Pj4gSkoNCj4+Pj4gVGhlcmXigJlzIG9uZSBtb3JlIGZh Y3RvciB0byBwb25kZXLigKbigKbigKYudGhlIG9yaWdpbmFsIFdvb2RzdG9jayB3YXMgYSAx MiBtZXRlciBzYWlscGxhbmUuIFRoZSBidWlsZGVyIG9mIHlvdXIgc2hpcCBwb2tlZCB0aGUg c3BhbiBvdXQgdG8gb3ZlcjEzICsgbWV0ZXJzISBJZiBoZSBkaWRu4oCZdCBzdHJlbmd0aGVu IHRoZSBzcGFy4oCm4oCmLj8/Pw0KPj4+Pg0KPj4+PiBPdmVyIGhlcmUsIHdlIGhhdmUgYSBz bWFsbCBjbGFpbXMgY291cnQgd2hlcmUgb25lIGNhbiB0YWtlIGEgbWlzcmVwcmVzZW50ZWQg c2FsZSBsaWtlIHlvdXJzIHRvIGEganVkZ2UhDQo+Pj4+DQo+Pj4+IEdvb2QgbHVjaywNCj4+ Pj4gSkoNCg==

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jose ferreira@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 14 11:01:58 2023
    Thank you, for clarify the language confusion.

There are two persons. The seller and the aerodrome owner.
    The seller said lots of lies but he has no job no money. The own woodstock proprietary was hes "wife".
    I paid him on December and kept the money. Going to justice should be more waste of money.
    The aerodrome owner convinced me to go on and get the woodstock and the trailer.
    But he advised me it was no good for a beginner and he don't know about the glue used.

Asked ultralight schools and also advised me about was no good for a beginner.

So I'll try to sale it to a user with experience in "experimental aircraft" , "as it is". A guy sai it was nice to change the motor to electric (even that means restart the license aproving).
    Don't know. Maybe if no interest I'll keep around for a year or I don't know.

Im just a newbie so just Im finding new things and stories everyday. Seems that amateur aviation is an expensive hobby in every aspect. And with problems I didn't imagine before.
    Justice in Spain is a waste of time and money.
    Aviation is complicated and expensive.
    Thank you for clear me the misunderstanding.

El viernes, 14 de abril de 2023 a las 19:35:20 UTC+2, Dan Marotta escribió:
    I think this is just a question of misunderstanding each other's languages.

I think I read Mr. Ferreira saying that the man who sold the glider to
    him told him lies about the condition of the glider.

Mr. Sinclair said that, in this country (USA) we have small claims court where an injured party, Mr Ferreira, can have a judge award him justice
    in the form of compensation.

I think Mr Ferreira misunderstood Mr Sinclair thinking he had been
    accused of some wrong doing. That was not the case.

And, for the record, rec.aviation.soaring, also known as RAS, is not a google group. Google just picked it up.

Dan
    5J
    On 4/14/23 10:34, jose ferreira wrote:
    First, I didn´t know this google group owned by an specific contry. Second, I didn´t said, even I didn´t know about the control there. He said it, not me.
    I just asked if any knowledge about glue. I received same feedback from Sinclair and a guy here. Both say it´s epoxy, so ok, thank you.
    I was blamed several times. First, bucket of worms, I should burn it, then the motor should be removed, then its not ok because 13.1 (there are three variants winspan).., whatever I said, the advice is I should be going to court for selling this.
    Still don´t know why. The only "suspect" was about the "glue" used by the man who built it, and two persons said me was Epoxy.
    In the other hand, I asked a glider school on Spain and reported me an story of a Schleicher ASK 13 model. A well known recognized glider manufacturer in Germany. Seems that, this model ASK 13 with 40 or 50 years old, have some accidents. He said me
    the investigation arrived to a conclusion of the glue used sometimes. They don´t know what serial number used that less good glue, date. Next day I was searching about gliders schools here in Spain and saw that one of that have a ASK 13, so I emailed
    him again asking why still was using this model. He replied me.. still there are world competition of this model, so I got shocked. There is a known issue with this model because of the years old and some ramdom glue used, but still used on schools, on
    competition ..., so I guess why no one send Schleicher to court? Regarding the Woodstock, I just received from the local owner aerodrome the advices of "I don´t know what glue he used, the builder died", so its just wonder, research, but seems it doesn´
    t matter. If Tesla have accidents because some cars accelerete and can´t top till crash, it´s ok, just a software problem. If Schleicher ASK 13 has a know issue related to age and glue discovered on accidents, seems doesn´t matter to stop using them.
    But.., if I just ask opinion about the glue used on one Woodstock, so I should be judged as soon as posible, because of the motor, the winspan, or whatever? So you say I reply about politics. I´m trying to find out any light about security (neutral),
    but seems that is more important if the seller is a millionaire or bilionaire company so they are innocent just after paying a penalty fee, but seems I´m presumed guilty. I´m open to any neutral advice, if exists that.

Dan G
    On Thursday, April 13, 2023 at 11:00:08 AM UTC-4, jose ferreira wrote: >>> don´t understand the desire to criminalize me,

Curious that you claim me going to court, while you confess there is absolute no control in your country, so anyone can fly whatever he likes? You are making a judgement wrong. Anyone on your contry can built whatever wants and fly it, and die, so
    is no crime because is not sale, right? but the fly can crash over a home and kill other people.
    Another deail I forgot,

Motor 11kg.
    107+11+8+70= 196

Thank you for your tips.

Thank you in advance.
    JJ
    JJ

You said you recently purchased the ship, I’d take it back! >>>>>>>> JJ
    Your pictures show what I’m sure is epoxy glue, the designer recommended Hughs Epoxy which is white. Anyway, let’s assume the glue is OK, because epoxy doesn’t degrade much over time! The real issue I would have is your approximately 65 Kg
    (143 #) OVER design gross weight which is 205Kg (450#).
    Fuel…………………..3kg
    Pilot & parachute…….87Kg

Food for thought,
    JJ

Good luck,
    JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Dan Marotta@21:1/5 to jose ferreira on Fri Apr 14 16:34:30 2023
    That is true everywhere!

Good luck on your journey into soaring.

Dan
    5J

On 4/14/23 12:01, jose ferreira wrote:
    Aviation is complicated and expensive.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Charlie M. (UH, Pi & 002 owner/pilo@21:1/5 to Dan Marotta on Fri Apr 14 15:17:42 2023
    On Friday, April 14, 2023 at 1:35:20 PM UTC-4, Dan Marotta wrote:

I think I read Mr. Ferreira saying that the man who sold the glider to
    him told him lies about the condition of the glider.

Mr. Sinclair said that, in this country (USA) we have small claims court where an injured party, Mr Ferreira, can have a judge award him justice
    in the form of compensation.

I think Mr Ferreira misunderstood Mr Sinclair thinking he had been
    accused of some wrong doing. That was not the case.

And, for the record, rec.aviation.soaring, also known as RAS, is not a google group. Google just picked it up.

Dan
    5J
    On 4/14/23 10:34, jose ferreira wrote:
    First, I didn´t know this google group owned by an specific contry. Second, I didn´t said, even I didn´t know about the control there. He said it, not me.
    In the other hand, I asked a glider school on Spain and reported me an story of a Schleicher ASK 13 model. A well known recognized glider manufacturer in Germany. Seems that, this model ASK 13 with 40 or 50 years old, have some accidents. He said me
    the investigation arrived to a conclusion of the glue used sometimes. They don´t know what serial number used that less good glue, date. Next day I was searching about gliders schools here in Spain and saw that one of that have a ASK 13, so I emailed
    him again asking why still was using this model. He replied me.. still there are world competition of this model, so I got shocked. There is a known issue with this model because of the years old and some ramdom glue used, but still used on schools, on
    competition ..., so I guess why no one send Schleicher to court? Regarding the Woodstock, I just received from the local owner aerodrome the advices of "I don´t know what glue he used, the builder died", so its just wonder, research, but seems it doesn´
    t matter. If Tesla have accidents because some cars accelerete and can´t top till crash, it´s ok, just a software problem. If Schleicher ASK 13 has a know issue related to age and glue discovered on accidents, seems doesn´t matter to stop using them.
    But.., if I just ask opinion about the glue used on one Woodstock, so I should be judged as soon as posible, because of the motor, the winspan, or whatever? So you say I reply about politics. I´m trying to find out any light about security (neutral),
    but seems that is more important if the seller is a millionaire or bilionaire company so they are innocent just after paying a penalty fee, but seems I´m presumed guilty. I´m open to any neutral advice, if exists that.

Dan G
    On Thursday, April 13, 2023 at 11:00:08 AM UTC-4, jose ferreira wrote: >>> don´t understand the desire to criminalize me,

Curious that you claim me going to court, while you confess there is absolute no control in your country, so anyone can fly whatever he likes? You are making a judgement wrong. Anyone on your contry can built whatever wants and fly it, and die, so
    is no crime because is not sale, right? but the fly can crash over a home and kill other people.
    Another deail I forgot,

Motor 11kg.
    107+11+8+70= 196

Thank you for your tips.

Thank you in advance.
    JJ
    JJ

You said you recently purchased the ship, I’d take it back! >>>>>>>> JJ
    Your pictures show what I’m sure is epoxy glue, the designer recommended Hughs Epoxy which is white. Anyway, let’s assume the glue is OK, because epoxy doesn’t degrade much over time! The real issue I would have is your approximately 65 Kg
    (143 #) OVER design gross weight which is 205Kg (450#).
    Fuel…………………..3kg
    Pilot & parachute…….87Kg

Food for thought,
    JJ

Good luck,
    JJ
    Thank you Dan for a succinct explanation of the confusion of this thread.
    I never saw a "dig" on the OP (Mr. Ferreira), but I can see how things "got lost in the translation".

Yes, sounds like a number of questions (some answered) and legalities between various countries aviation authorities which have different rules and claims courts which have different rules.
    I deal with various electrical rules in the US and it not only varies by state, but by city.
    Sheesh.
    Dealing with governments is way worse.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From BobW@21:1/5 to Dan Marotta on Fri Apr 14 17:18:23 2023
    On 4/14/2023 11:35 AM, Dan Marotta wrote:
    I think this is just a question of misunderstanding each other's
    languages.

I think I read Mr. Ferreira saying that the man who sold the glider to him
    told him lies about the condition of the glider.

Mr. Sinclair said that, in this country (USA) we have small claims court where an injured party, Mr Ferreira, can have a judge award him justice in the form of compensation.

I think Mr Ferreira misunderstood Mr Sinclair thinking he had been accused
    of some wrong doing. That was not the case.

And, for the record, rec.aviation.soaring, also known as RAS, is not a
    google group. Google just picked it up.

Dan 5J

Excellent summary by Dan M. It exactly matches my sense of "where & how this RAS discussion has gone..."

It's true aviation is technical...as are airplanes/sailplanes/etc. Things quickly can get complicated, as Mr. Ferreira is learning to his dismay. Get things wrong and it's easy to kill yourself.

That noted, I'm mildly surprised no one has yet mentioned to Mr. Ferreira the ancient aviation industry axiom: One test is worth 10,000 considered opinions. It would be complicated to properly do, but a proof-load-test of wings of the Woodstock in question would be highly instructive, while simultaneously generating Real World Data - and maybe even some peace of mind.

Good luck going forward!

Bob W.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jose ferreira@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 14 18:32:48 2023
    The seller had videos on youtube with the load testing. Tons of weight over the wings. That was 8 years ago in the goverment aerial license process. The Woodstock only flied for license testing from then.
    Anyway I made a wrong decision purchasing this glider. Teachers and ultralight school have their own interested. I haven´t found no support or interested to fly the Woodstock. I even still don´t know how to set firm the parachute (the seller gived
    all me disarmed on the trailer).
    It´s single seat, rare unit. Guys with experience fly expensive modern gliders or motorgliders, or rent the shool ones. Ultralight schools don´t fly gliders, and there are very few glider school at 600km or 1000km from me, with other license and
    higher price.
    My wife don´t like me to fly anything. So what was easy on my imagination converted on a large list of problems.
    It should be better me got in to this world in a easier way. Theare are Ala Delta motorized that can fly at 30-35kmh that should be enough for start. You can take off and land anywhere a clean meadow. The Woodstock should be a rara avis, 1 hour and a
    half, or more aerodrome from my home, difficult to fly, take off and land with one wheel, and I should be alone, no support of help.
    And in addition, is difficult to resale, nobody wants buy this glider, that is like a "do-it-yourself" one. Most users go for know high priced ones, or renting, and that may be way (if can afford it).
    Thank you for your replies.

El sábado, 15 de abril de 2023 a las 1:18:26 UTC+2, BobW escribió:
    On 4/14/2023 11:35 AM, Dan Marotta wrote:

I think I read Mr. Ferreira saying that the man who sold the glider to him told him lies about the condition of the glider.

Mr. Sinclair said that, in this country (USA) we have small claims court where an injured party, Mr Ferreira, can have a judge award him justice in the form of compensation.

I think Mr Ferreira misunderstood Mr Sinclair thinking he had been accused of some wrong doing. That was not the case.

Dan 5J
    Excellent summary by Dan M. It exactly matches my sense of "where & how this RAS discussion has gone..."

It's true aviation is technical...as are airplanes/sailplanes/etc. Things quickly can get complicated, as Mr. Ferreira is learning to his dismay. Get things wrong and it's easy to kill yourself.

That noted, I'm mildly surprised no one has yet mentioned to Mr. Ferreira the
    ancient aviation industry axiom: One test is worth 10,000 considered opinions.
    It would be complicated to properly do, but a proof-load-test of wings of the
    Woodstock in question would be highly instructive, while simultaneously generating Real World Data - and maybe even some peace of mind.

Good luck going forward!

Bob W.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Sinclair@21:1/5 to All on Fri Apr 14 19:44:39 2023
    My wife don´t like me to fly anything.

Maybe you should listen to your wife!
    JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Haven@21:1/5 to John Sinclair on Fri Apr 14 22:40:57 2023
    Happy wife, happy life!

On Friday, April 14, 2023 at 7:44:41 PM UTC-7, John Sinclair wrote:
    JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Sinclair@21:1/5 to Haven on Sat Apr 15 07:38:57 2023
    On Friday, April 14, 2023 at 10:40:59 PM UTC-7, Haven wrote:
    Happy wife, happy life!
    JJ

Jose,
    I’ll bet your instructors telling you that the glue was unsafe was his way of telling you that your not ready to handle this machine! Your Woodstock is no longer a glider. Due to weight gain it is now an underpowered airplane with one wheel! It has
    value, but not in its present form. Recommend you remove the motor, prop, fuel tank and ballistic parachute and sell them. A complete engine system should bring at least $1000 bucks and ballistic parachutes sell for several thousand.
    Next, replace the nose cone and you now have a standard Woodstock again. With trailer and instruments it should sell for approximately $6000.
    Aviation, may not be for you, but if you continue to peruse it, go slow and listen to your instructor!
    Good luck,
    JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jose ferreira@21:1/5 to All on Sat Apr 15 11:08:45 2023
    You all have reason. I´ll was happier before just playing my guitars and other instruments I have around.
    I have in on sale locally as it is. If any offer even low I´ll sale it, and if no interested I´ll donate it.

Regarding taking out the motor, may should be a good idea on USA. Here the Woodstock is unknown, even was glider only. People here go for known brand machines, or known experimental kits. There are lots of similar motors on sale aswell. That should be
    a good idea on USA could pay for a true Woodstock, but not here.
    Yes is underpowered, but still not that weight. 11kg motor, can be easy difference between a pilot weight or other. But that happens to any other motorglider.
    One of the glider school here have a Dimona H36 as motor glider. It weights 497kg, stall speed 72km/h.
    Even considering the actual Woodstock with motor,30l fuel and parachute, that should be 159kg, and it lands at real 63km/h ( I measured it from the video, from a know distance from two points of the aerodrome).
    Motor gliders like the H36 a two-seat, and 80hp 4x the woodstock power but also near 4x the woodstock weight, so may be ugly because of the motor visible and no aerodinamic but maybe not that unbalanced. (My thoughts from my no experience, just
    comparing).

In adition, here in Spain, is an effort to get the license to fly. It got it as it is now. So if anyone wants to reconvert it on a glider, or electric glider or anything else.. will be not me. I just want no complicate my life and stop of wasting money.

Thank you all for your advices.

El sábado, 15 de abril de 2023 a las 16:38:59 UTC+2, John Sinclair escribió:
    Happy wife, happy life!
    JJ
    Jose,
    I’ll bet your instructors telling you that the glue was unsafe was his way of telling you that your not ready to handle this machine! Your Woodstock is no longer a glider. Due to weight gain it is now an underpowered airplane with one wheel! It has
    value, but not in its present form. Recommend you remove the motor, prop, fuel tank and ballistic parachute and sell them. A complete engine system should bring at least $1000 bucks and ballistic parachutes sell for several thousand.
    Next, replace the nose cone and you now have a standard Woodstock again. With trailer and instruments it should sell for approximately $6000.
    Aviation, may not be for you, but if you continue to peruse it, go slow and listen to your instructor!
    Good luck,
    JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jose ferreira@21:1/5 to All on Sat Apr 15 11:41:23 2023
    Forgot to specify, the original real builder of this woodstock made it with motor and fuel tanks. He flew it 60 hours before getting ill.
    The actual seller, just changed that motor for the actual one, near similar weight, now 22cv then 24cv, but very similar. The reason seems to be they have a problem trying to engineer an electric type of start. But in the end, this guy just put another
    similar motor, and ended all the license process.

But for what is worth, seems that for the builder was ok with 60 hours flying. The parachute was also on that time.
    The actual seller lots of fantasy, probably is just like a kid that should like to make lot of feats, so go telling fantasies about that he built it, and so on, while he never flied it.
    The aerodrome owner tell me the true story. But 60 hours of flying as it is now sounds not bad. I guess it has limitations as a glider but also all motorgliders have. The Dimona H36 I said before has a stall speed of 72km/h, the Woodstock 63km/h.
    The original builder probably enjoyed it, because he built it. But I feel strange sitting on the seat.
    I should be happy if anyone around should want to fly it a bit, or try it, so could give a real feedback, but haven´t found no one pilot or school interested on that. Schools are interested on me to put my money on their curses and after then.. renting
    their gliders or motorgliders, that´s how the businness works.

Thank you for your responses.

El sábado, 15 de abril de 2023 a las 20:08:47 UTC+2, jose ferreira escribió:
    You all have reason. I´ll was happier before just playing my guitars and other instruments I have around.
    I have in on sale locally as it is. If any offer even low I´ll sale it, and if no interested I´ll donate it.

Regarding taking out the motor, may should be a good idea on USA. Here the Woodstock is unknown, even was glider only. People here go for known brand machines, or known experimental kits. There are lots of similar motors on sale aswell. That should be
    a good idea on USA could pay for a true Woodstock, but not here.
    Yes is underpowered, but still not that weight. 11kg motor, can be easy difference between a pilot weight or other. But that happens to any other motorglider.
    One of the glider school here have a Dimona H36 as motor glider. It weights 497kg, stall speed 72km/h.
    Even considering the actual Woodstock with motor,30l fuel and parachute, that should be 159kg, and it lands at real 63km/h ( I measured it from the video, from a know distance from two points of the aerodrome).
    Motor gliders like the H36 a two-seat, and 80hp 4x the woodstock power but also near 4x the woodstock weight, so may be ugly because of the motor visible and no aerodinamic but maybe not that unbalanced. (My thoughts from my no experience, just
    comparing).

In adition, here in Spain, is an effort to get the license to fly. It got it as it is now. So if anyone wants to reconvert it on a glider, or electric glider or anything else.. will be not me. I just want no complicate my life and stop of wasting money.

Thank you all for your advices.
    El sábado, 15 de abril de 2023 a las 16:38:59 UTC+2, John Sinclair escribió:
    Happy wife, happy life!
    JJ
    Jose,
    Good luck,
    JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rodney Dangerfield@21:1/5 to All on Mon Oct 2 05:58:16 2023
    Hello Group.
    I'm the OP from this thread.
    I see some people on here need plans?
    I have the original plans and the longer wing plans too, message me, I'll just need a bit of time to archive them.

Allot of time has gone by, but finally ready to build this thing.
    A friend also expressed interest in the glider.

Asking for a friend, does anyone know if it's possible to buy another Serial Number?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Capt.Stephan Bradley@21:1/5 to Rodney Dangerfield on Mon Oct 2 10:23:53 2023
    On Monday, October 2, 2023 at 6:58:19 AM UTC-6, Rodney Dangerfield wrote:
    Hello Group.
    I have the original plans and the longer wing plans too, message me, I'll just need a bit of time to archive them.

Asking for a friend, does anyone know if it's possible to buy another Serial Number?

I have been trying to get a set of the longer wing plans, but since it didn't go well I sort of dropped it.

I don't think you can get serial numbers any longer and the original plans are now in the public domain. I am happy to provide scanning services (I have a full size 42" wide scanner at my office) if you wanted to have the plans scanned.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Dan Marotta@21:1/5 to Capt.Stephan Bradley on Mon Oct 2 12:01:44 2023
    As to serial numbers - If you build an aircraft, you can call it "John
    Smith Glider S/N 001", if you want.

Dan
    5J

On 10/2/23 11:23, Capt.Stephan Bradley wrote:
    Hello Group.

I have been trying to get a set of the longer wing plans, but since it didn't go well I sort of dropped it.

I don't think you can get serial numbers any longer and the original plans are now in the public domain. I am happy to provide scanning services (I have a full size 42" wide scanner at my office) if you wanted to have the plans scanned.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John Sinclair@21:1/5 to Dan Marotta on Mon Oct 2 14:36:11 2023
    On Monday, October 2, 2023 at 11:01:49 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
    As to serial numbers - If you build an aircraft, you can call it "John
    Smith Glider S/N 001", if you want.

Dan
    5J
    On 10/2/23 11:23, Capt.Stephan Bradley wrote:
    Hello Group.

The VSA has plans for the Woodstock and Duster, but is honoring the designers wishes to no longer make them available.
    JJ

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Rodney Dangerfield@21:1/5 to Capt.Stephan Bradley on Fri Oct 13 10:55:15 2023
    On Monday, October 2, 2023 at 1:23:56 PM UTC-4, Capt.Stephan Bradley wrote:
    Hello Group.

Thanks, but I have them already scanned from back in 2008, also translated to Autocad at that time.
    I volunteer at an Air Cadet Squadron, we are thinking of building this now. Kids learn allot then we can auction it off (or keep) for the glider pilots.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Capt.Stephan Bradley@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 13 13:13:05 2023
    Thanks, but I have them already scanned from back in 2008, also translated to Autocad at that time.
    I volunteer at an Air Cadet Squadron, we are thinking of building this now. Kids learn allot then we can auction it off (or keep) for the glider pilots.

If you have them scanned, would you be willing to share a set? I have the first gen version, but wanted to study the longer wing version.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mike@21:1/5 to Rodney Dangerfield on Thu Oct 19 21:24:06 2023
    Hello Group.

Hi Herbie/Rodney,

I can't figure out how to reply to you directly to ask for the Woodstock plans--original wingspan and longer wingspan. My email address is mike.q.2310 'at' gmail.com , if your offer is still good. Will be glad to discuss my Woodstock intentions if you
    need to know. Thanks.

Mike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05