• Three Exciting Youth Soaring Camp Scholarships

From Tom A@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jan 31 10:49:41 2023
    Please help us get the word out, share with anyone that might be interested in these scholarships.

Flight Experience For Youth Announces Three Exciting Youth Soaring Camp Scholarships at Sugarbush Soaring Association

Warren, Vermont - Flight Experience For Youth (FEFY), a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to creating growth opportunities for young people through aviation experiences and education, is proud to announce three exciting Youth Soaring Camp
    scholarships for the summer of 2023.

“The Sugarbush Soaring Association, located at the Warren-Sugarbush Airport in Warren, Vermont, has been providing unforgettable flight training experiences for over two decades and this summer, three lucky teens will have the chance to attend the
    Sugarbush Soaring Overnight Youth Soaring Camp (YSC) thanks to FEFY's scholarships”, said Jen Stamp, President of FEFY The YSC is a week-long, immersive experience that includes ten instructional flights, ground school, meals, supervised overnight
    camping on the airfield and plenty of other exciting activities.

First offered in 2022, FEFY is thrilled to once again offer a Soaring Camp Scholarship for African American Youth, as well as a Soaring Camp Scholarship for Female, Transgender and Non-Binary Youth. For students aged 13-18, the scholarships will cover
    the full cost of tuition (a value of $3,600) and are aimed at increasing the diversity and inclusiveness of the sport of soaring and making these experiences accessible to groups traditionally underrepresented in aviation.

Last year’s recipient of the Female, Transgender and Non-Binary scholarship, Raphaella Sulley, said, “My experience at soaring camp was like nothing I have ever partaken in. It was a great environment to learn and grow in. The staff at Sugarbush
    Soaring are such positive people who all have the love for aviation. I had such a good time at camp and can't wait for what the future holds for me in aviation!”

There is also a fantastic scholarship opportunity for a Vermont youth, aged 13-18, to participate in one of the 2023 Youth Soaring Camps. The Luke Hammer Memorial Scholarship covers the full cost of tuition for the overnight camps for a youth from
    Vermont. This scholarship enables a young Vermonter to explore aviation and have an opportunity to bond with other campers with similar interests from all over.

Dane Liebermann, a former camper, said, “I was one of the recipients of a camp scholarship. For me, the camp was a huge success, as I came out of it with my first solo flight under my belt. The experience of living at the airport and flying
    consistently really helped me to focus and allowed me to progress. I loved the balance of freedom and structure, and I was able to build strong bonds with both the instructors and my fellow campers.”

To apply for one of these amazing opportunities, interested applicants must complete an online form and email a request for the application questionnaire to fefy-scholarships@sugarbushsoaring.com They must also provide a letter of recommendation from a
    teacher or mentor outside of Sugarbush Soaring. The recommendation letter should be 1-page in length, detailing how the mentor knows the applicant, why the mentor thinks the applicant would enjoy the YSC, and what the mentor thinks the applicant would
    bring to the experience.

The 2023 YSC scholarship application period will run from February 1 to March 15, 2023, with winners being announced no later than March 31, 2023. All applicants will receive confirmation of receipt of their application and notification of whether they
    received the scholarship.

For more information about Flight Experience For Youth and the Sugarbush Soaring Association, visit sugarbushsoaring.com or contact Tom Anderson, Director of Operations at Sugarbush Soaring, at opsdir@sugarbushsoaring.com.

About Flight Experience For Youth (FEFY)

FEFY is a 501c3 organization based in Warren, Vermont, that is dedicated to creating growth opportunities for youth through aviation experiences and education. Over the years, they have awarded camp scholarships and last year alone, they awarded over $11,
    000 in scholarships.

About Sugarbush Soaring Association

The Sugarbush Soaring Association is located at the Warren-Sugarbush Airport in Warren, Vermont and has been providing unforgettable flight training experiences since the 1970s. The Youth Soaring Camp (YSC) is a week-long experience that includes ten
    instructional flights, ground school, meals, supervised overnight camping on the airfield and other exciting activities. All instructional flights are conducted by highly experienced, FAA-certificated flight instructors in two-place gliders.

Thank you for helping us get out the word to interested young people!

Tom

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Tom A@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jan 31 10:46:59 2023
    Please help us get the word out, please post and share the attached documents to anyone that might be interested in these scholarships.

Flight Experience For Youth Announces Three Exciting Youth Soaring Camp

Scholarships at Sugarbush Soaring Association

Warren, Vermont - Flight Experience For Youth (FEFY), a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to creating growth opportunities for young people through aviation experiences and education, is proud to announce three exciting Youth Soaring Camp
    scholarships for the summer of 2023.

“The Sugarbush Soaring Association, located at the Warren-Sugarbush Airport in Warren, Vermont, has been providing unforgettable flight training experiences for over two decades and this summer, three lucky teens will have the chance to attend the
    Sugarbush Soaring Overnight Youth Soaring Camp (YSC) thanks to FEFY's scholarships”, said Jen Stamp, President of FEFY The YSC is a week-long, immersive experience that includes ten instructional flights, ground school, meals, supervised overnight
    camping on the airfield and plenty of other exciting activities.

First offered in 2022, FEFY is thrilled to once again offer a Soaring Camp Scholarship for African American Youth, as well as a Soaring Camp Scholarship for Female, Transgender and Non-Binary Youth. For students aged 13-18, the scholarships will cover
    the full cost of tuition (a value of $3,600) and are aimed at increasing the diversity and inclusiveness of the sport of soaring and making these experiences accessible to groups traditionally underrepresented in aviation.

Last year’s recipient of the Female, Transgender and Non-Binary scholarship, Raphaella Sulley, said, “My experience at soaring camp was like nothing I have ever partaken in. It was a great environment to learn and grow in. The staff at Sugarbush
    Soaring are such positive people who all have the love for aviation. I had such a good time at camp and can't wait for what the future holds for me in aviation!”

There is also a fantastic scholarship opportunity for a Vermont youth, aged 13-18, to participate in one of the 2023 Youth Soaring Camps. The Luke Hammer Memorial Scholarship covers the full cost of tuition for the overnight camps for a youth from
    Vermont. This scholarship enables a young Vermonter to explore aviation and have an opportunity to bond with other campers with similar interests from all over.

Dane Liebermann, a former camper, said, “I was one of the recipients of a camp scholarship. For me, the camp was a huge success, as I came out of it with my first solo flight under my belt. The experience of living at the airport and flying
    consistently really helped me to focus and allowed me to progress. I loved the balance of freedom and structure, and I was able to build strong bonds with both the instructors and my fellow campers.”

To apply for one of these amazing opportunities, interested applicants must complete an online form and email a request for the application questionnaire to fefy-scholarships@sugarbushsoaring.com They must also provide a letter of recommendation from a
    teacher or mentor outside of Sugarbush Soaring. The recommendation letter should be 1-page in length, detailing how the mentor knows the applicant, why the mentor thinks the applicant would enjoy the YSC, and what the mentor thinks the applicant would
    bring to the experience.

The 2023 YSC scholarship application period will run from February 1 to March 15, 2023, with winners being announced no later than March 31, 2023. All applicants will receive confirmation of receipt of their application and notification of whether they
    received the scholarship.

For more information about Flight Experience For Youth and the Sugarbush Soaring Association, visit sugarbushsoaring.com or contact Tom Anderson, Director of Operations at Sugarbush Soaring, at opsdir@sugarbushsoaring.com.

About Flight Experience For Youth (FEFY)

FEFY is a 501c3 organization based in Warren, Vermont, that is dedicated to creating growth opportunities for youth through aviation experiences and education. Over the years, they have awarded camp scholarships and last year alone, they awarded over $11,
    000 in scholarships.

About Sugarbush Soaring Association

The Sugarbush Soaring Association is located at the Warren-Sugarbush Airport in Warren, Vermont and has been providing unforgettable flight training experiences since the 1970s. The Youth Soaring Camp (YSC) is a week-long experience that includes ten
    instructional flights, ground school, meals, supervised overnight camping on the airfield and other exciting activities. All instructional flights are conducted by highly experienced, FAA-certificated flight instructors in two-place gliders.

Thank you for helping us get out the word to interested young people!

Tom

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From R@21:1/5 to All on Tue Jan 31 17:51:12 2023
    Since you identified multiple times how different everyone is by race or which sex they wish they weren’t, any chance a heterosexual of any race, greed, religion, frequent flyer program got a chance to participate? And if so, aren’t you being
    prejudice by not identifying their traits?
    If someone wants to be called “It”, I’m fine with that. But do we have to inject everyone’s particulars.
    What’s next….left vs. right hand butt wipers.
    Seriously, it is the highlighting of the of differences that ultimately divides.
    The fun will begin when obituaries and tombstones are needed.
    “Who died?”
    “Don’t know”
    “What was it?”
    “Couldn’t say.”
    “Coffee?”
    “Sure.”

R

R Hand

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From youngblood8116@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Fri Feb 3 13:48:44 2023
    On Tuesday, January 31, 2023 at 8:51:14 PM UTC-5, R wrote:
    Since you identified multiple times how different everyone is by race or which sex they wish they weren’t, any chance a heterosexual of any race, greed, religion, frequent flyer program got a chance to participate? And if so, aren’t you being
    prejudice by not identifying their traits?
    If someone wants to be called “It”, I’m fine with that. But do we have to inject everyone’s particulars.
    What’s next….left vs. right hand butt wipers.
    Seriously, it is the highlighting of the of differences that ultimately divides.
    The fun will begin when obituaries and tombstones are needed.
    “Who died?”
    “Don’t know”
    “What was it?”
    “Couldn’t say.”
    “Coffee?”
    “Sure.”

R

R Hand
    R, I could not agree more! This is what really bothers me is when a fringe group enhances their agenda upon the mass of those involved in the event., in this case it is soaring. Maybe we should just call this the "Woke World Of Sugarbush". I could care
    less what people do to themselves to make themselves comfortable with their body, but please do not impose ones choice upon others. Just like some religious fanatic imposing his or her beliefs on me. I don't expect for anyone to apologize for their
    beliefs so don't expect me to apologize for mine. Give me a break, this world has gone nuts. OBTP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From son_of_flubber@21:1/5 to All on Sat Feb 4 11:59:15 2023
    I can only say how much I admire, respect and appreciate the people who make the Sugarbush Youth Soaring Camp possible every year. That includes the adults and the campers. One of the camp CFIs, who is now an aerospace engineer, started working on
    Sugarbush's line crew at age 13. Many other success stories have come out of Sugarbush.

That's how it works folks! Invest in young people and soaring will have a future.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From youngblood8116@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Feb 4 21:58:17 2023
    On Saturday, February 4, 2023 at 2:59:17 PM UTC-5, son_of_flubber wrote:
    I can only say how much I admire, respect and appreciate the people who make the Sugarbush Youth Soaring Camp possible every year. That includes the adults and the campers. One of the camp CFIs, who is now an aerospace engineer, started working on
    Sugarbush's line crew at age 13. Many other success stories have come out of Sugarbush.

That's how it works folks! Invest in young people and soaring will have a future.

To SOF
    Investing in youth to promote soaring is one thing, but promoting wokeness is another. OBTP

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05