• OGN tracker displayed Oudie2

From Dgtarmichael@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jan 1 10:56:49 2023
    My club is among many that have implemented an OGN station recently. To add value to the network we are adding Trackers to the club gliders. We are using the LilyGo Softrf LORA32 Tbeam recently recommended by Davis C. we can use XC soar for a display
    but I would like to use our Oudie2s if possible. Has anyone tried this successfully? I can get the Oudie to "see" the Tracker, but it it starts asking for the pin number of the device among other things. Does anybody know the proper way to pair these
    two?

Doug

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Richard Livingston@21:1/5 to Dgtarmichael on Sun Jan 1 14:34:33 2023
    On Sunday, January 1, 2023 at 12:56:50 PM UTC-6, Dgtarmichael wrote:
    My club is among many that have implemented an OGN station recently. To add value to the network we are adding Trackers to the club gliders. We are using the LilyGo Softrf LORA32 Tbeam recently recommended by Davis C. we can use XC soar for a display
    but I would like to use our Oudie2s if possible. Has anyone tried this successfully? I can get the Oudie to "see" the Tracker, but it it starts asking for the pin number of the device among other things. Does anybody know the proper way to pair these two?

Doug
    Doug,

I would post that question on "openglidernetwork" instead of here. That is where the designers and programmers of these OGN and FLARM compatible devices live.

Rich L.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Moshe Braner@21:1/5 to Dgtarmichael on Mon Jan 2 17:19:09 2023
    On 1/1/2023 1:56 PM, Dgtarmichael wrote:
    but I would like to use our Oudie2s if possible. Has anyone tried this successfully? I can get the Oudie to "see" the Tracker, but it it starts asking for the pin number of the device among other things. Does anybody know the proper way to pair these
    two?

Doug

SoftRF sends the same NMEA-like "sentences" that FLARM sends. Thus any
    device that can receive and process such sentences can display the data,
    give voice warnings, or whatever. To get collision warnings using a
    prediction algorithm appropriate for gliders, use a real FLARM, or use
    this version of SoftRF: https://github.com/moshe-braner/SoftRF

I don't know what inputs the Oudie2 has. The T-Beam can send the data
    via WiFi or Bluetooth. But some devices can only receive the data via a
    serial cable. You can add a serial output to the T-Beam, but it
    requires a soldering iron, and in most cases also requires a TTL to
    RS232 voltage converter chip. An e-reader running Tophat or XCsoar has
    an internal TTL serial port, thus no converter required, but soldering
    is required on both ends.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Linar Yusupov@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jan 4 07:25:11 2023
    I would like to use our Oudie2s if possible... I can get the Oudie to "see" the Tracker, but it it starts asking for the pin number ... Does anybody know the proper way to pair these two?

https://github.com/ivonovak/SoftRF-Naviter-Oudie/wiki

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Dgtarmichael@21:1/5 to Linar Yusupov on Wed Jan 4 12:03:22 2023
    On Wednesday, January 4, 2023 at 9:25:13 AM UTC-6, Linar Yusupov wrote:
    I would like to use our Oudie2s if possible... I can get the Oudie to "see" the Tracker, but it it starts asking for the pin number ... Does anybody know the proper way to pair these two?

https://github.com/ivonovak/SoftRF-Naviter-Oudie/wiki

Thank you for your response. I will follow your instructions as soon as possible. This is big news for me. I appreciate your work on this project and admire your innovation.

Doug Tarmichael
    Windy City Soaring Association (0C2)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Davis Chappins@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jan 4 13:04:02 2023
    Linar,
    Could these instructions be linked to https://github.com/lyusupov/SoftRF/wiki/Prime-Edition-MkII so that connecting to xcsoar and oudie are in the same place?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05